Interesting parallel between the collapse of the Roman Empire and contemporary Western Civilization

There are some salty motherfuckers in here because someone brought up the notion that unfettered immigration caused the collapse of the Roman Empire. I don't have to be a scholar to understand that uncontrolled immigration is nothing less than a silent invasion. The effects are essentially the same and once the immigrant class takes voting power you can kiss the West as you know it goodbye.
Pretty much, all TS got was ridicule and ad homs. Leftists also tried to laugh off demographic change with muslim birth rates in Europe as a conspiracy theory in an older thread.

Literally everything to them is viewed within the progressive bubble.

It's a pretty weird passage to read because most of what I've read regarding the fall of the Roman Empire is far more complex than that.

I bought this book recently and it's excellent so far-https://www.amazon.com/Medieval-World-Illustrated-Atlas/dp/1426205333

It was written in 2009, so perhaps the editors these days might've taken more issue with some of the things written? Maybe not, but anyway I found this section particularly interesting-

I wonder what the open borders crowd thinks of stuff like this...

there are some striking similarities between modern western countries, and ancient rome, but these books usually ignore the striking differences.

-our economy is not dependent on conquering lands and stealing their shit (kinda)
-our politicians do not run armies loyal to them, rather than to the state
-there are not more slaves here than workers (roman elites bought the land, and put slaves to work rather than employees)
-rome had too much land to control, and not enough loyal people to do it. almost like having too much toast, and not enough butter. thats not a problem modern states have.
-aqueducts were often lined with lead. no small issue.

and as far as this author's opinion about groups like the cimbri, and the like being mass "immigration"....thats is certainly debatable. there are problems when modern states invite more people in that can really be assimilated. sometimes even violent problems. but the people coming into rome were murdering romans in large numbers, and visa versa. interactions between different groups of people were a bit more raw in ancient times, even when compared to the worst of interactions now.

Last edited:
I bought this book recently and it's excellent so far-https://www.amazon.com/Medieval-World-Illustrated-Atlas/dp/1426205333

It was written in 2009, so perhaps the editors these days might've taken more issue with some of the things written? Maybe not, but anyway I found this section particularly interesting-

I wonder what the open borders crowd thinks of stuff like this...
there is a huge difference between people coming in looking for work and the difference when people come in to fight and take over...

the roman empire was also too spread out for its resources.

budgeting an empire back then is not like budgeting a country now.

They could give a shit because they are dumb asses..

Germany has let in an untold amount of islamic state and Jubhat al Nusra soldiers. Rome did not let them in...

No one has really raised that issue, certainly not the ruling Intelligista. Thats why they will all face charges of treason when they hit German schools, malls, universities. Basically Europe is being primed.

Israel will not let Western Europe become Islamic not while their survival rests on dealing with their neighbours unhindered.

The paralells between the Roman empire and current Western Civ are not the same because the Romans could not stop the invading armies whereas the west can plus we dont have the resources to cope with unfettered immigration. There a far more sinister plot going on when it comes to Europe.

Last edited:
Israel will not let Western Europe become Islamic not while their survival rests on dealing with their neighbours unhindered.

Israel's survival mostly hinges on not getting overrun by Muslims. It makes perfect sense to have a bunch of them become Europe's problem instead.

Israel's survival mostly hinges on not getting overrun by Muslims. It makes perfect sense to have a bunch of them become Europe's problem instead.

They are tracking to become the majority or atleast have a major influence. The question is how can Israel every hope to win a war with Western Europe siding with their enemies.

Thats the deal breaker there and the lynch pin of modern liberalism.

Reads a passage in an atlas, decides he's now a layman historian.

Whatcha gonna do, man
Whatcha gonna do
of-course.gif

It's a pretty weird passage to read because most of what I've read regarding the fall of the Roman Empire is far more complex than that.

This is why people shouldn't use reference sources (an atlas, in this case), especially those that I suspect were made for kids, as a place to draw comparative historical analysis from.

The only reason why Gothic refugees overran the Empire is because the Romans treated them like zhit from the beginning.

lol comparing barbarians to immigrants...

Last edited:
What if the moon was my car, and Jupiter was my hairbrush?

Then we will have another renaisance. I think the collapse of the Roman Empire is overstated.

Though I acknowldege that massive immigration and displacement of people is very very bad. But I am not sure we can draw paralels with what happened in Rome.

Rome also adopted Christianity at that point and so one can also say it is the cause of the prolapse.

But was it really that bad when Rome fell? Christianity has thrived since then and in a way contributed to the renaisance and Europe is still predominantly Christian today.

Back