Interesting parallel between the collapse of the Roman Empire and contemporary Western Civilization

People always bring this up, but really the collapse of the Roman Empire was more complex than that. First, only the Western half collapsed, the Eastern half persisted for a thousand years more. And the reasons why the West collapsed are more numerous than simply "muh refugees".

The economy was in the zhitter, the borders had grown too large, the East and West had split into distinct halves so the East did not support the West as much, barbarization of the army, the unwillingness of the Romans to adopt new military tactics and strategies when the face of warfare was changing, the over-reliance on stupid zhit like walls to keep people out instead of increasing the number of soldiers,etc.

Basically everything that could have gone wrong went wrong all at the same time.

Walls?

Walls failed them?

Walls failed them?

The nether regions of Rome were hit the hardest by its fall. Evidence suggests that the ability to construct the more advanced infrastructure of the Romans, was lost within a period of 100 years. It's a shame knowing that we could've reached this point in civilization a lot earlier if the Romans had been more capable of maintaining their influence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_engineering

Ted Roosevelt, some 100 years ago, had an interesting speech on the subject (comparing Rome and other ancient civilizations to a then relatively newly-established America, And Germany):

http://www.bartleby.com/56/3.html

A speech that also serves to highlight how badly we have already descended from intellectualism, atleast on the part of leadership.

Be not afraid even if the Moslems collapsed the Euro powers even the USA and the west falls into another dark age with no electricty It will not be the end of modern Civilization though it might be the end of liberalism and democracy in the world but not technological civilization as a whole as we have China to lead the next great world power.

China is foccusing in tech a lot this days and they can tame the bwrbarians at some point. When that hapens the moslems would wish they havent destroyed the west because the Chinese will never tolerate them they will be considered subhuman by the neo Communists!

I bought this book recently and it's excellent so far-https://www.amazon.com/Medieval-World-Illustrated-Atlas/dp/1426205333

It was written in 2009, so perhaps the editors these days might've taken more issue with some of the things written? Maybe not, but anyway I found this section particularly interesting-

I wonder what the open borders crowd thinks of stuff like this...

We know what happens. Remember when the Europeans invades north America? Natives and African Americans didn't fair to well.

Do you think caucuasions are nervous that this might happen to them in the future ?

I kinda like the analogy except "not conservative". That might be a matter of opinion.

You forgot "pedophile elite" btw. <seedat>

With the amount of vets you have G.I Joe Toys and previously the draft and the proliferation of guns in the USA.
Yeah you are really Sparta.

USA is Sparts.

Insert the 300.gif

Yep. Just like how well the Great Wall did at keeping the Mongols from raping Chinese women.

The Mongols raped so many women all over asia that until today mobgol Dna is present in almost all asians even some Europeans.

The Mongols raped so many women all over asia that until today mobgol Dna is present in almost all asians even some Europeans.

But walls work man!!!!!

Murka just needs a wall!!!!

Whatcha gonna do, man
Whatcha gonna do
of-course.gif

This is why people shouldn't use reference sources (an atlas, in this case), especially those that I suspect were made for kids, as a place to draw comparative historical analysis from.
Reviews:

"...This hefty book will feed brains depleted by too many butter cookies.”St Paul Pioneer Press

but then

"...Given the scope and the beauty of its pages, this book would be ideal for the historian in the family.”
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

<NotListening>

you always fuck up your books like that?

Back