Interesting rumour on UFC in Russia and dealings with M-1

This tweet seems to suggest that the UFC is setting up a regional promotion/league (!) called 'UFC Russia', and they are now in business with M-1.

Has anyone else heard anything?

Presumably there will be regional belts (fucking no!) and then more regional promotions elsewhere around the world (fucking no!) if this is judged a success by the geniuses at WME.

Why are so against your "fuck no"s? It's sounds like a good idea to me.

They are gonna regret ever dealing with those dirty cossack sluts

It’s no surprise something like this would happen eventually
The amount of untapped fight talent in Russia and the Cis countries is massive
Uzbekistan for example fantastic boxers they won the most amount of medals at the last Olympics for boxing and we al know how good Russia are at wrestling

This is not co promotion this is m-1 giving all their champs a way to go to the ufc.....m-1 has become a talent scout for the UFC.Bellator and BAMMA copromotee events in the UK but are the same sort of deal where you see BAMMA champs go to bellator.

In no way shape or form will this lead to co promotion between bellator and the ufc.Both promotions are looking to snag talent from the region they aren't going to be besties lol.
Well, from what I know, M-1 was the only Russian promotion who kinda wasn't allowing their fighters to go to UFC without fighting out their contracts (or bying out contracts). Maybe also ACB, but it sounded more like - "inform us about your desire to leave and we will maybe release you" and "you can go but you are no longer welcome here (in ACB)".
I mean, by your logic, Russian mma promotions are a bunch of sissys and M-1 was the last to become sissy.

I think not. I guess we all know who really runs the show now.

Trump becomes President. Then UFC and M-1 finally agree to terms. Trump making mma great again MMMAGA!!
giphy.gif

Does this have anything to do with Minakov being able to fight for the UFC? Is m-1 global the same as fight night global? Save your insulting remarks I fully admit total ignorance when it comes to Russian MMA promotions. If Minakov can fight for the UFC that would be fuckin huge!

This tweet seems to suggest that the UFC is setting up a regional promotion/league (!) called 'UFC Russia', and they are now in business with M-1.

Has anyone else heard anything?

Presumably there will be regional belts (fucking no!) and then more regional promotions elsewhere around the world (fucking no!) if this is judged a success by the geniuses at WME.

I find this funny...cause a few years back, they refused to do any co promoting with m1 with Fedor...now, they are working with them..haha

Does this have anything to do with Minakov being able to fight for the UFC? Is m-1 global the same as fight night global? Save your insulting remarks I fully admit total ignorance when it comes to Russian MMA promotions. If Minakov can fight for the UFC that would be fuckin huge!
No, it's different promotions. Minakov has a multiple fights left on his Bellator contract.

Dana still thinks he's in vegas and he's the boss - ends up face down in a bog with a bullet hole in the back of his head - somewhere in Siberia.

If anything, Russian Mafia dictated terms to Dana and made sure they were getting a substantial cut. Dana is not, and won't be running shit in Russia. Not beyond figurehead status. Pretty much like he did for his mafia cronies in America, before they sold it.

Back