Interesting rumour on UFC in Russia and dealings with M-1

The watering down continues.

wasn't Fedor exclusive with M-1 when the UFC was trying to sign him?

Expect more of the same wuth the ufc setting up regional promotions all over the world in the neat future, they break the US up into territories and have champs for each territory rhat feed there main shows, theyll basically franchise the name to smaller promoters

I don't know if you can read in Russian but in this interview http://news.nashbryansk.ru/2017/06/16/routine/bryanskiy-boec-vitaliy-minakov/ he says that he thinks that mma shouldn't be massively developed, thinks that mma is not a sport, but a business, opportunity for a specific people to earn a money, wants that there wil be no need for his son to fight in mma. Sounds to me, like, he thinks that mma is not a best choice in live.
Yeah i've noticed he's not really a big fight fan guy, he's just a MMA fighter because he was talented and was very successful in Combat Sambo.. probably only fought professionally so he could open some doors in politics and other stuff, now that he did, i expect him to retire soon. It's a shame, i wanted to see him more tested, but whatever.

Yeah i've noticed he's not really a big fight fan guy, he's just a MMA fighter because he was talented and was very successful in Combat Sambo.. probably only fought professionally so he could open some doors in politics and other stuff, now that he did, i expect him to retire soon. It's a shame, i wanted to see him more tested, but whatever.
I think it was Sport Sambo, not Combat.

I've never been a fan of promotions just letting their champions walk to the UFC.

If you do that your basically labeling yourself as a feeder.I fully understand fighters wanting to leave to the UFC buy my point is your undermining your championships value by letting a guy obtain and walk unless of course that was there last fight on the contract.I feel like you sign a contract and honor it then move on.

M-1 definitely took a step back IMO it's pretty sad the state of Russian MMA at the moment.
So I've seen that Vadim states that according to this deal M-1 champ while still in the UFC will be allowed to fight in M-1 too.

Dana should have checked his ego in 2010 and made Fedor vs Brock. Co-Promotion, for one show, would not have been the end of the world.

This is not co promotion this is m-1 giving all their champs a way to go to the ufc.....m-1 has become a talent scout for the UFC.Bellator and BAMMA copromotee events in the UK but are the same sort of deal where you see BAMMA champs go to bellator.

In no way shape or form will this lead to co promotion between bellator and the ufc.Both promotions are looking to snag talent from the region they aren't going to be besties lol.

Glad I made you "lol'.

My post was primarily a dream, that one day we may see a co-promotion between the big companies. I doubt it will happen either.

Back