intermitant fasting

i stopped reading at, "I photograph food . . ."

wow, that sounds awesome, like actual food or like, lets make this picture look good for the poster so people will order it and then get a plate of it and say wtf?? i didnt order this.

so to contribute to IF, I've been on it ~2 months or so, i am strict with it weekdays, about a 4 hr feeding window. weekends, its closer to an 8 hr feed. doing paleo as well, on weekdays, a bit looser on weekends.

Results, I finally have a waistline. no scale, but i've lost quite a bit. Not hungry at all during the day until about 17-18 hrs into the fast, i just go do something to keep myself occupied.

after a big eating weekend, i fast for 24 on monday and eat dinner only.

not lifting at the moment because i have no gym membership yet, costs $$$ here in London.

Sounds pretty similar to what I've been doing. Unfortunately my diet hasn't been all that great lately.

Random question of the day:

A while back someone posted that IF could help with hair loss. For me, its been the opposite - I've noticed that my hair has started falling out more the past few weeks. My immune system has felt pretty weak too, if I'm honest.

I'm pretty sure the second part is due to poor eating the past couple of weeks ( i had to go on a business trip and I've been just eating out the whole time) but what about the hair loss?

I need to start taking my vitamins and fish oil again :(

I think the loss is just coincidence.

i stopped reading at, "I photograph food . . ."

wow, that sounds awesome, like actual food or like, lets make this picture look good for the poster so people will order it and then get a plate of it and say wtf?? i didnt order this.

so to contribute to IF, I've been on it ~2 months or so, i am strict with it weekdays, about a 4 hr feeding window. weekends, its closer to an 8 hr feed. doing paleo as well, on weekdays, a bit looser on weekends.

Results, I finally have a waistline. no scale, but i've lost quite a bit. Not hungry at all during the day until about 17-18 hrs into the fast, i just go do something to keep myself occupied.

after a big eating weekend, i fast for 24 on monday and eat dinner only.

not lifting at the moment because i have no gym membership yet, costs $$$ here in London.

Awesome man. I'm thinking of almost the same exact setup. I train BJJ 11-1 on Saturday so will eat from then on and Sunday all day as well with a solid fast to Monday. Gotta have cheat days LOL.

I do both food photography styles by the way. For my food reviews I try to make it look the best of how it actually looks so that potential diners see how it'll be when they go. But I am also hired out to take the promotion shots that are a bit more styled. First week of IF and had a massive cookbook shoot. Luckily it was all Thai food and plenty of healthy options.

Awesome man. I'm thinking of almost the same exact setup. I train BJJ 11-1 on Saturday so will eat from then on and Sunday all day as well with a solid fast to Monday. Gotta have cheat days LOL.

I do both food photography styles by the way. For my food reviews I try to make it look the best of how it actually looks so that potential diners see how it'll be when they go. But I am also hired out to take the promotion shots that are a bit more styled. First week of IF and had a massive cookbook shoot. Luckily it was all Thai food and plenty of healthy options.

plus I find it easier to just say "well im fasting so Im not eating at all" instead of being tempted all the time by different foods and trying to eat limited quantities throughout the day as well as staying clean and strict.

With IF, I only have to make sound food choices once or maybe twice a day.

yeah, definitely another benefit of IF is only having to think about what to eat once or twice a day and that I know I can eat until I'm pretty full. The feeling of satisfaction "the inner fat ass" is really good.

does anyone watch the Hodge twins on youtube? they are filled with bro science but they are so "ethnic" (to be as PC as possible) its funny and its nice to see others doing it

do you guys find that your peers look at you funny when you say you are fasting? they think i'm on some kind of strange diet, and then they say wtf? when they see how much I eat.

yeah, definitely another benefit of IF is only having to think about what to eat once or twice a day and that I know I can eat until I'm pretty full. The feeling of satisfaction "the inner fat ass" is really good.

does anyone watch the Hodge twins on youtube? they are filled with bro science but they are so "ethnic" (to be as PC as possible) its funny and its nice to see others doing it

do you guys find that your peers look at you funny when you say you are fasting? they think i'm on some kind of strange diet, and then they say wtf? when they see how much I eat.

I tell people that sometimes that have no idea at all about nutrition and they look at me like I have some kind of eating disorder.

Its weird how the body works. So I lost a bunch of weight pretty quickly in the first two months of IF, and then stabilized and I guess created a new set point at 206 or so. I maintained that for 5-6 weeks since I had Ramadan for a month and then a work trip for two weekswhich meant eating too much of not very healthy food.

Now that I have been back to my IF routine I lost 3 lbs as of my first week back on it, breaking through a plateau without even trying. Way easily.

I think its a good lesson to keep the intermittent part in intermittent fasting - i.e., don't start doing fasts every day. I think most of us keep that in mind, but it's easy to get carried away. I'm back on doing 20+ hour fasts every day, usually breaking my fast after BJJ training, and eating "normally" on the weekends.

Within a week I should be under 200 lbs, which will be the first time that is true since 9th grade. I really need to start lifting though! lol meio pesado here I come.

Its weird how the body works. So I lost a bunch of weight pretty quickly in the first two months of IF, and then stabilized and I guess created a new set point at 206 or so. I maintained that for 5-6 weeks since I had Ramadan for a month and then a work trip for two weekswhich meant eating too much of not very healthy food.

Now that I have been back to my IF routine I lost 3 lbs as of my first week back on it, breaking through a plateau without even trying. Way easily.

I think its a good lesson to keep the intermittent part in intermittent fasting - i.e., don't start doing fasts every day. I think most of us keep that in mind, but it's easy to get carried away. I'm back on doing 20+ hour fasts every day, usually breaking my fast after BJJ training, and eating "normally" on the weekends.

Within a week I should be under 200 lbs, which will be the first time that is true since 9th grade. I really need to start lifting though! lol meio pesado here I come.

Awesome man, that is great! Are you doing the Atlanta Open?

Awesome man, that is great! Are you doing the Atlanta Open?

:( No.

I wasn't sure if I could go or not until the last minute and I went to sign up the day before registration closed and it was already full. So annoyed.

Hey I'm doing IF and usually not eating until noon or 1pm every day. I started taking creatine tablets (GNC Pro Amplified Creatine in case anyone knows that) and i'm suppose to take 2 creatine tablets in the morning.

My question - is it ok to take creatine without food (and on an empty stomach?). I'm a creatine newbie so I wasn't sure.

Would you mind expanding on the "keep the intermittent part in intermittent fasting"? I'm in college and have 14 meals a week on my meal plan, so I'm kind of committed to a lunch/dinner eating schedule everyday that works out to about 16 hours of fasting every day. Are you saying there's a long term disadvantage of this?

Hey I'm doing IF and usually not eating until noon or 1pm every day. I started taking creatine tablets (GNC Pro Amplified Creatine in case anyone knows that) and i'm suppose to take 2 creatine tablets in the morning.

My question - is it ok to take creatine without food (and on an empty stomach?). I'm a creatine newbie so I wasn't sure.

I take creatine with my BCAA's in the morning and have taken them on an empty stomach in the past and have never had any negative effects, while still feeling the benefit to my recovery. The only restriction I'm aware of is that you shouldn't take it with anything very acidic like orange juice.

Would you mind expanding on the "keep the intermittent part in intermittent fasting"? I'm in college and have 14 meals a week on my meal plan, so I'm kind of committed to a lunch/dinner eating schedule everyday that works out to about 16 hours of fasting every day. Are you saying there's a long term disadvantage of this?

If you are doing 16 hours a day I wouldn't worry about it. Every once in a while (once or twice a month; this will probably happen naturally) I would take a day off but with the short fasts I don't think its a big deal.

I meant it more for the people that are doing 20-24 hour fasts almost daily.

I take creatine with my BCAA's in the morning and have taken them on an empty stomach in the past and have never had any negative effects, while still feeling the benefit to my recovery. The only restriction I'm aware of is that you shouldn't take it with anything very acidic like orange juice.

cool, thanks

I fast for 24 hours 2 time per week.

Easiest diet I have ever done. 5/7 days of the week I get to eat like a regular person. 2 days per week I just don't eat. If I stay busy I don't even think about food or eating.

I would rather go 2 days per week without food rather than eating 7 days per week of "diet food"

Second week went even smoother than the first. Except yesterday I had a menu photo shoot a popular dim sum place. Was miserable watching plate after plate of fresh dim sum come out and not be able to enjoy. Eventually gave in and made it a 16/8 split day but just had a giant plate of freshly steamed/grilled veggies. Let me keep photographing without giving in to every doughy treat spilling out of the kitchen LOL.

Down to around 77kg after a 2 1/2 hour training session from around 82-84 at the start of things. Even after my meal and a lot of water I'm not coming up that much. Enjoying this experiment and finding my body is craving much more healthy foods in general so even when I'm looking forward to a cheat day on the weekend I'll still just eat fresh foods.

Second week went even smoother than the first. Except yesterday I had a menu photo shoot a popular dim sum place. Was miserable watching plate after plate of fresh dim sum come out and not be able to enjoy. Eventually gave in and made it a 16/8 split day but just had a giant plate of freshly steamed/grilled veggies. Let me keep photographing without giving in to every doughy treat spilling out of the kitchen LOL.

Down to around 77kg after a 2 1/2 hour training session from around 82-84 at the start of things. Even after my meal and a lot of water I'm not coming up that much. Enjoying this experiment and finding my body is craving much more healthy foods in general so even when I'm looking forward to a cheat day on the weekend I'll still just eat fresh foods.

Thats great. I noticed that too, after a while I crave healthier foods than actually wanting something fried etc. Plus after doing IF for a while now I feel somewhat sick/sluggish if I eat too much bad food. I look forward to something sweet like strawberries mixed w/ rasberries etc.

Now that I'm transitioning to a maintance type calorie level I'm trying to put the fork down when I'm satiated rather than when the plate is empty. I put a meatball and some penne back in the fridge after lunch today and that means I can eat it later on today rather than having to walk around hungry. I'm also trying to stuff my face with greens at the beginning of lunch and dinner so that my stomach gets the signal there's food therefore I've pigged out on the other stuff.

Back