International Breaking: Mossad chief threatened family of ICC prosecutor; ICJ orders Israel to stop Rafah offensive; ICC seeks arrest of Netanyahu for war crimes

Do you think the arrest warrant is justified for Netanyahu?

• Total voters
LOL.

Go meditate for Hamas, loser.
Go read the last few of your posts and ask me if you think there's anything of worth or intelligent in them.

But also man I wish you the very best in life. I really do.

Last edited:
You know much about those on the list?
That it's not recognized by USA, Israel, India, Russia, China ect..
has no real jurisdiction
just over 20 years old sits in NL
it's very selective on cases and reeks of Eurocentrism.

Hamas leaders got arrest warrants at the same time at Netanyahu ( yea their equal.... end sarcasm)

They made sure to end that UK investigation which makes sense one of the top contributors.

George Clooney wife is on the panel behind this one.

LOL.

Go meditate for Hamas, loser.
The intelligent one does not know how to factor intent?

"That evil guy that wants the world to burn but doesn't have the means to do it, only raped and killed a woman and her family, killing 6 people. So what they were tortured"

"that superpower in retaliation, small arms accidently killed 10 people, so they are worse"

That it's not recognized by USA, Israel, India, Russia, China ect..
has no real jurisdiction
just over 20 years old sits in NL
it's very selective on cases and reeks of Eurocentrism.

Hamas leaders got arrest warrants at the same time at Netanyahu ( yea their equal.... end sarcasm)

They made sure to end that UK investigation which makes sense one of the top contributors.

George Clooney wife is on the panel behind this one.

I meant more about the list of current warrants.

I just wondered who you thought should be on there?

I'll be honest, I've never looked into it before, so am still taking different talking points.

I meant more about the list of current warrants.

I just wondered who you thought should be on there?

I'll be honest, I've never looked into it before, so am still taking different talking points.
Never seen the full list but my issue is who's not on the list. A real quick search of who should be on there and why.

Bashar al-Assad (Syria): Assad has been in power since 2000 and is notorious for using extreme violence against his own citizens, particularly during the Syrian Civil War. His regime has been accused of numerous war crimes, including the use of chemical weapons, mass killings, and torture (World Population Review) (Current Heads of State & Dictators |).

Kim Jong-un (North Korea): Kim Jong-un continues the brutal rule of his family in North Korea. His regime is known for its harsh repression, including executions, forced labor camps, and severe restrictions on freedom of speech and movement (Southwest Journal) (Current Heads of State & Dictators |).

Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo (Equatorial Guinea): In power since 1979, Obiang's regime is marked by severe human rights abuses, including torture, extrajudicial killings, and repression of political opposition (World Population Review) (WatchMojo).

Nicolás Maduro (Venezuela): Maduro's government has been involved in widespread violence against protesters, political repression, and severe economic mismanagement, leading to a humanitarian crisis (Southwest Journal).

Xi Jinping (China): Xi Jinping's administration is characterized by extensive censorship, mass detentions of Uighur Muslims in Xinjiang, and a crackdown on political dissidents across China and Hong Kong (World Population Review) (Southwest Journal).

Recep Tayyip Erdoğan (Turkey): Erdoğan has increasingly turned towards authoritarianism, especially following the failed coup attempt in 2016. His regime has conducted mass arrests, purges of political opponents, and severe restrictions on press freedom (Southwest Journal) (WatchMojo).

The intelligent one does not know how to factor intent?

"That evil guy that wants the world to burn but doesn't have the means to do it, only raped and killed a woman and her family, killing 6 people. So what they were tortured"

"that superpower in retaliation, small arms accidently killed 10 people, so they are worse"
Or you can actually read my positions and not the lies he told by taking certain sentences out of context.

But hey, you guys aren't known for your reading comprehension or good faith discussion abilities.

Never seen the full list but my issue is who's not on the list. A real quick search of who should be on there and why.

Bashar al-Assad (Syria): Assad has been in power since 2000 and is notorious for using extreme violence against his own citizens, particularly during the Syrian Civil War. His regime has been accused of numerous war crimes, including the use of chemical weapons, mass killings, and torture (World Population Review) (Current Heads of State & Dictators |).

Kim Jong-un (North Korea): Kim Jong-un continues the brutal rule of his family in North Korea. His regime is known for its harsh repression, including executions, forced labor camps, and severe restrictions on freedom of speech and movement (Southwest Journal) (Current Heads of State & Dictators |).

Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo (Equatorial Guinea): In power since 1979, Obiang's regime is marked by severe human rights abuses, including torture, extrajudicial killings, and repression of political opposition (World Population Review) (WatchMojo).

Nicolás Maduro (Venezuela): Maduro's government has been involved in widespread violence against protesters, political repression, and severe economic mismanagement, leading to a humanitarian crisis (Southwest Journal).

Xi Jinping (China): Xi Jinping's administration is characterized by extensive censorship, mass detentions of Uighur Muslims in Xinjiang, and a crackdown on political dissidents across China and Hong Kong (World Population Review) (Southwest Journal).

Recep Tayyip Erdoğan (Turkey): Erdoğan has increasingly turned towards authoritarianism, especially following the failed coup attempt in 2016. His regime has conducted mass arrests, purges of political opponents, and severe restrictions on press freedom (Southwest Journal) (WatchMojo).

Thanks, I'll look at these, these obviously being very high profile cases.

I think at least some of them (Bashar al Assad, for example) have been recommended for an ICC arrest warrant.

You could be right, it could be some of these people get there's eventually (eventually being one of the major flaws of international mechanisms).

Or you can actually read my positions and not the lies he told by taking certain sentences out of context.

But hey, you guys aren't known for your reading comprehension or good faith discussion abilities.
The most misunderstood poster on the dog…..

War on Gaza: The ICC has suspended Israel's licence to kill​

David Hearst

By seeking arrest warrants for the state's top figures, the court has punctured the myth that Tel Aviv is beyond the reach of international law

For 76 years, Israel had a narrative more robust as a protective shield than any Iron Dome.

images

For the victims of the worst case of industrial killing in modern history, self-determination for post-Holocaust Jewry was not merely a necessity, this narrative went, it was a moral imperative. Any state that emerged was immune from judgement, the story went. Israel was beyond international law.

It was allowed to have indeterminate borders. It was allowed to occupy. It was allowed to settle the areas it occupied. It was allowed to regularly attack its neighbours pre-emptively. It was allowed nuclear weapons, outside the control of any regulatory authority.

It could violently discriminate against its non-Jewish minority and still be accepted into the family of democratic nations. It was not just allowed to lay siege to Gaza and starve the territory’s population for 16 years, it was assisted in this by the international community.

Anyone who rejected the credo that this violent state had a right to exist faced political banishment.

Israel was a “lifeboat” for Jews facing antisemitism throughout the world. It was not the primary cause of waves of antisemitism. It safeguarded Jews. It did not endanger them.

For 76 years, Israel literally had a licence to kill. Until Monday.

The chief prosecutor of the International Criminal Court (ICC), Karim Khan, did much more than apply for arrest warrants for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defence Minister Yoav Gallant. The ICC prosecutor punctured the myth that any Israeli leader, official or soldier was beyond the reach of international law.

Opening Pandora's box​

Netanyahu was right to be nervous about the consequences, which are indeed far-reaching. A real Pandora’s box has been opened by this application.

Yes, for the moment, it’s only an application before the judges of the ICC. There have been occasions in the past when such an application was initially dismissed, as in the case of a Rwandan militia leader sought over crimes committed in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, or for Omar al-Bashir, the former Sudanese president.

But the pretrial chamber of three judges must only convince themselves on two points - that there are reasonable grounds to believe that at least one crime within the court’s jurisdiction has been committed, and that the arrest of those named “appears necessary” to ensure they appear at trial, do not endanger an investigation, and cannot continue to perpetrate the same crime.

Considering the bullying that the court itself has come under, with the US threatening its members with sanctions, a third unwritten imperative will loom large in their minds: the need to uphold the independence of the ICC.

If they bow to this pressure, the ICC’s legitimacy will be finished - and besides, the evidence for the seven charges is overwhelming.

It exposes, as never before, the colonial nature of the stance that international justice applies only to others
The Pandora’s box is large. If arrest warrants are served on Netanyahu and Gallant, every other member of Israel’s war cabinet and military machine, down to the humble reservist uploading videos taken on his iPhone, could be subject to the same charges.

The second point to bear in mind is that the charges only relate to what happened on or after 7 October. Khan based his application on a report by a panel of international law experts, who homed in on Israel’s policy of famine and siege, restricting the means necessary for the population as a whole to survive. The experts did not examine the legal implications of the mass killing of civilians.

If this application succeeds, or even if it is dismissed temporarily, the ICC’s purview goes back to the moment Palestine was admitted as a member in 2015. In 2021, the ICC opened an investigation into allegations of war crimes committed in occupied Palestine since June 2014.

Monday’s application is about the here and now. A growing queue of applications about everything Israel has done in the occupied territories over the last decade awaits.

Long history​

The long arm of the ICC’s law has a bitter history. Khan’s application was not the work of one moment, or indeed the work of one man who might have thought that Ukraine would be his main legacy after becoming chief prosecutor in 2021.

The ICC’s jurisdiction over the occupied territories has been bitterly contested, and a series of obstacles had to be overcome before this application could be launched. Palestine was not initially recognised as a state, so it was not allowed to be part of the ICC. Huge pressure, including the threat of US sanctions, was then put on the Palestinian Authority (PA) not to use its membership to pursue Israel.

The ICC then had to debate whether it had jurisdiction over the occupied West Bank and Gaza, and it was only the decision of the previous prosecutor, Fatou Bensouda, which allowed the current proceedings to go ahead. But that debate took six years, from 2015 to 2021.

The need for the ICC to step in had been only too obvious. There had been a number of failed legal attempts to get Israeli officials to face justice abroad under the principle of universal jurisdiction.

Former Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, former Defence Minister Shaul Mofaz and former Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni all faced possible arrest if they travelled to London. But former Prime Minister Gordon Brown defended Livni, saying he “completely opposed” the warrant issued by a British court for her arrest for war crimes, and former Foreign Secretary David Miliband phoned his Israeli counterpart to apologise.

Miliband said at the time of the 2009 incident that British law permitting judges to issue arrest warrants against foreign dignitaries “without any prior knowledge or advice by a prosecutor” had to be changed.

Indeed it was. All such attempts now need the consent of the director of public prosecutions before a warrant is issued.

US ties itself in knots​

The current reaction of the US to the ICC’s recommendation for arrest warrants is another indicator of what is at stake. This has ranged from outright threats to the court members to attempts to defund the PA if it continues to back the ICC’s case.

US President Joe Biden expressed outrage at the fact that the ICC was establishing an equivalence between Israel and Hamas by also seeking arrest warrants for three Hamas leaders. “And let me be clear: whatever this prosecutor might imply, there is no equivalence - none - between Israel and Hamas. We will always stand with Israel against threats to its security,” he said.

US State Department spokesperson Matthew Miller went further by saying that Washington’s two preferred outcomes for the leaders of Hamas were assassination or being tried before an Israeli court. “The Israeli government should hold them accountable on the battlefield. And if not a battlefield, then a court of law,” he said.

iden’s outgoing administration is tying itself in knots. If it follows its own instincts by punishing the PA, withdrawing funds, or undermining the legitimacy of the ICC by slapping sanctions on its judges and prosecutor, the US will be shooting itself in the foot.

If Biden agrees with former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo that the ICC is a “kangaroo court”, and attempts to undermine it, what happens to the ICC’s prosecution of Russian President Vladimir Putin as a war criminal for invading Ukraine, a prosecution the US supports? What happens to all the other important ICC work?

More importantly, what happens to the US attempts to construct a civilian authority to take over Gaza instead of Hamas, if Washington defunds the only other arm of the Palestinian government?

Biden says he wants to rebuild a Palestinian state after this war is over. Instead, he is fully engaged, with the Israelis, in dismantling it.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/war-gaza-icc-has-suspended-israels-licence-kill

NUTTIN' GONE HAPPEN!!! NUTTIN'!!!

Sure but my question is why did the ICC take this long to organize some kind of warrant for Hamas leaders? Seemed they ought to have been clearly guilty months ago.

Sure but my question is why did the ICC take this long to organize some kind of warrant for Hamas leaders? Seemed they ought to have been clearly guilty months ago.
What difference does that make to the arrest warrant for Netanyahu?

I don't agree with everything Netanyahu has done but fuck the ICC.

They don't give a shit about what hamas has done.

Hamas declared all out war and Israel responded. It has been controlled compared to what hamas did.

Back