Interview. Floyd mayweather trying to build up mcgregor before the fight.

Pretty cool to see and listen to now. Floyd doing his best to sell the fight. And talk up conor mcgregor to make the fight legit.

That's a cool video, thanks for posting it. Cormier sounds like he's doing his best to do something similar on the Brock fight right now.

Actually, 95% of people knew that Conor would lose. You don't switch sports and face the goat and get to do much. Floyd and Conor are both great at generating hype, so the fight got its buzz anyway... and it wasn't as terrible and lopsided as expected. McGregor did well for a pro debut.

Only thing I'm sad about is that Conor didn't pull an mma/wwe stunt at some point.

You wanted him to cheat?

man tony ferguson vs brian ortega would be such a sick fight. incredible.

Dudes a genius. Able to con millions of people into buying a fight between a retired 40 year old boxer and a guy who never boxed before lol.

Dudes a genius. Able to con millions of people into buying a fight between a retired 40 year old boxer and a guy who never boxed before lol.

knowing all of this, and having threads like this where multiple people are explaining how it was a scam, people still act like it was a real boxing match, "but Conor did good for his pro debut vs the GOAT" uhh ...bruh it was a glorified sparring match until Mayweather decided to end it.

He's literately the definition of the sweet science, He had god like levels of composure, never got drawn into a fight, was never swayed by the crowd and operated like a dam surgon, He may not have had the most exciting style but he was a straight genius when it comes to the sweet science. Conor fought old man floyd, prime floyd was so razor sharp it was unreal.

I think it's more people are stupid, than Floyd is a genius.

He's literately the definition of the sweet science, He had god like levels of composure, never got drawn into a fight, was never swayed by the crowd and operated like a dam surgon, He may not have had the most exciting style but he was a straight genius when it comes to the sweet science. Conor fought old man floyd, prime floyd was so razor sharp it was unreal.

Yeah that's the thing. I've followed Floyd since the beginning. He looked terrible against Conor when you compare him to his performances against guys like Hatton, Judah, Mosley, Cotto. This was a retired fighter who was probably less than 50% of his prime, yet he still played with Conor like a man and a boy.

Cliffless threads are #1 bullshit

Floyd is an all time great promoter.

Course he isn't ever speaking to a room of geniuses.

Floyd carried Conor so hard lmao.

I still find it crazy how conor appeared to have no power in boxing gloves, Skill levels aside when somebody has huge power they are always dangerous, and a level of caution and respect has to be shown. floyd wasn't phased by conors power at all, he had zero caution, This really makes me wonder if boxers really do hit a lot harder than mma fighters, at no point in the fight did i think conor still had a punchers chance the power was just not evident at all, You can usualy get a decent idea of a guys power even when they land of the gloves, non of conors shots looked remotely powerful to me at all.

I still find it crazy how conor appeared to have no power in boxing gloves, Skill levels aside when somebody has huge power they are always dangerous, and a level of caution and respect has to be shown. floyd wasn't phased by conors power at all, he had zero caution, This really makes me wonder if boxers really do hit a lot harder than mma fighters, at no point in the fight did i think conor still had a punchers chance the power was just not evident at all.

many condor fangirls were like this: "buuut loool 8oz gloves zomfg floyD is ded!!!"

lmaoo

many condor fangirls were like this: "buuut loool 8oz gloves zomfg floyD is ded!!!"

lmaoo

Dropping to 8oz gloves another genius marketing ploy by floyd, dude is always 10 steps ahead of everybody inside and outside the ring.

Yeah that's the thing. I've followed Floyd since the beginning. He looked terrible against Conor when you compare him to his performances against guys like Hatton, Judah, Mosley, Cotto. This was a retired fighter who was probably less than 50% of his prime, yet he still played with Conor like a man and a boy.

I agree he looked slow, the reflexes were not the same, i knew he should stay retired after that fight, Another crazy thing was how he was able to walk conor down so easily considering how huge conor was compared to him a good 20lbs heavier, floyd's never been a big puncher either, it was just weird watching little guy walk down and back up a much bigger guy so easily.

floyd is the genius? dont see that logic tbh

everyone involved sold that fight.. floyd had the easiest decision out of anyone "should i take a relatively easy fight for 9 figures?"

not hard.

and its not like 4 million people bought this ppv thinking conor would win... the vast majority knew his chances were slim to none.

I agree he looked slow, the reflexes were not the same, i knew he should stay retired after that fight, Another crazy thing was how he was able to walk conor down so easily considering how huge conor was compared to him a good 20lbs heavier, floyd's never been a big puncher either, it was just weird watching little guy walk down and back up a much bigger guy so easily.
its really not that weird in the context of the match up

it would have been much more weird if he was not able to walk him down and eventually finish him.

Back