Invicta 25 - Kunitskaya vs Pa'aluhi

EzFlyer

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
http://www.sherdog.com/events/Invicta-FC-25-Kunitskaya-vs-Paaluhi-61821

UFUZU_thSuCKQVLh4-MRHw.png

yeaaaaa ufc poached a lot.. two pretty weak invictas in a row...

not sure who morandin is; i know she's short notice in for jodie esquibel.

the main two fights are both 5 round titlefights, fyi.

...oh, and this is on thursday for some reason.. i guess the holiday weekend? idk, hehe

bettable mma on a thursday night, not complaining.

yeaaaaa ufc poached a lot.. two pretty weak invictas in a row...

not sure who morandin is; i know she's short notice in for jodie esquibel.

the main two fights are both 5 round titlefights, fyi.

...oh, and this is on thursday for some reason.. i guess the holiday weekend? idk, hehe
The co-main event with Livia Renata Souza became a three round non-title bout when Janaisa Morandin replaced Jodie Esquibel, fyi.

i have a solid lean on the main event, i think souza is pretty legit too - going to check out her opponent.

https://mmaoddsbreaker.com/news/12119-invicta-fc-25-opening-betting-odds

Main Event | Vacant Bantamweight Title | 135 lbs

Yana Kunitskaya -110
Raquel Pa'aluhi -130

---------------

Co-Main Event | Vacant Strawweight Title | 115 lbs

Janaisa Morandin +335
Livia Renata Souza -505

----------------

Bantamweight | 135 lbs

Katharina Lehner +150
Alexa Conners -190

---------------

Main Card | Strawweight | 115 lbs

Kali Robbins -105
Sharon Jacobson -135

What the shit this is tonight?? Weird

Liking Raquel at first glance but should prob review tape if I get a chance. Still have tape to watch for Sat too. Fml gotta adjust to UFC season back in full force

watched some fast tape.

conners-lehner
lehner is really thick. very heavy base. she has some decent boxing fundamentals but no legit power. she's heavy on top if she can manage a takedown. all 5 of her wins are decisions. she missed weight by like 4-5 pounds i believe and looked just overweight.
conners looked in way better shape at the weighins.. she seems to want to stand and bang on the feet.. has a strong right hand.. but her head doesn't move off of the center too much.. idk. she also doens't seem terribly fast. think the line is accurate right now, no value either side. if conners dropped a bit, i'd consider it. shit's prolly gonna be competitive for 15 but i think conners is in better shape and has better hands. and she's got more length if it is a boxing match.

robbins-jacobson
robbins is a grappler. good clinch takedowns, good top game. hasn't fought anyone worthwhile. she also mised weight by 1.3 pounds or something, but looked pretty fit.
jacobson i actually remember now, she beat moyle in invicta.. this girl is a stocky/strong and can grapple and is good defensively. i think she should be a larger favorite here. for sure better opposition faced and she's come thru pretty well. think she actually has better hands and should be able to hang on the mat. but she's got a really good wrestling background apparently, too.. super stocky girl, strong.
robbins has a size edge, tho.

---

took -135 jacobson

Last edited:
What the shit this is tonight?? Weird

Liking Raquel at first glance but should prob review tape if I get a chance. Still have tape to watch for Sat too. Fml gotta adjust to UFC season back in full force

tell me about it. i'm still out of my normal routine, but keep on crashing these smaller things and tennis is going great for me, haha.

not to mention the ufc is EARLY saturday and fight pass only.. we'll still feel weird

---------

oh and as for the fight.. i gotta think about it. (raquel vs yana) -- gonna watch movement. i have some leans but waiting to see movement before i share

I am just not betting against Raquel. She has that hawaii scrappiness. Even if she loses I know she will give 100% for 3 rounds. Her opponent hasn't really fought anyone of note. Admittedly I don't know anything about the other girl.

love pa'aluhi in the main event.

kunitskaya will definitely have the striking edge but her takedown defence doesn't look good and while she throws up some sub attempts from her back, i don't think that will bother raquel who is an accomplished no gi tournament champ and a brown belt under robert drysdale.

raquel is much better than her record suggests (most of her losses came years ago to ufc caliber opponents).

with her wrestlng base, i think raquel can get the fight to the mat and if she does, kunitskaya is fucked imo.

sure it's possible kunitskaya gets a ko on the feet but at pick 'em odds i'm all over raquel.

i'm not too knowledgeable about jiujitsu but this looks really bad to my untrained eye:

Well, I was going to wait to see line movement, but now that I see all this Raquel love I have to hit her at -120 before you guys ruin the line. And Lemonzest, this is a five round title fight. Watch the last few Invictas, this is Kunitskaya's third title fight in a row, with the first one being a controversial armbar over Evinger that won her the bantamweight title but then got officially reversed due to referee error; then her losing the re-match with Evinger by getting subbed herself after a struggle.

if anyone was wondering why Jacobson have been out two years its becourse she was wrestling trying to make it to the olympics but came up short

For anyone with access to Ohmbet, they have Raquel +150. Putting a unit on it.

Back