Invicta FC 13: Cyborg vs. Fan Duin 11PM ET/8PM PT/3AM UK DISCUSSION (Fight Pass)

I distinctly remember this too. Misha rocked her in the last fight, but she played it off well. I think her knees even buckled really quickly. And she immediately backed off composed herself and kicked ass. But Cyborg looks to hit much harder.

Yep. She rocked her twice. Once on the feet then with the up-kicks.

Edit: Perhaps not rocked with the kicks, but hurt.

You specifically said that Ronda "has never felt a solid punch" and I absolutely disagree. Sure she hasn't been hit by someone who hits as hard as Cyborg (Because no one else hits quite as hard as her), but she has definitely felt a "solid" punch before and hasn't been so much as fazed. As for whether I think she could take a Cyborg punch or not, I think she could at least take a couple, but would have to avoid any big flurries obviously.

You didn't notice my edit. Tell me which solid punch Ronda's taken? Miesha has no power and she's the only one to have tagged Ronda. Liz was a grappling match. McMann landed one rushed shot before she got finished on the fence. Alexis Davis didn't touch Ronda. Cat didn't touch Ronda. Every Ronda fight in Strikeforce was finished quickly on the ground before she was tagged.

When has anyone landed a big shot on her? Seriously?

I distinctly remember this too. Misha rocked her in the last fight, but she played it off well. I think her knees even buckled really quickly. And she immediately backed off composed herself and kicked ass. But Cyborg looks to hit much harder.

If still give Ronda advantage overall, but I could totally see Cyborg winning.

with the way ronda seems to find armbars, i wouldn't be shocked to see her pull a frank mir while rocked

All I remember from that fight is screaming at the TV as Miesha continued to run forward and get thrown every single time. One of the worst gameplans in the history of the UFC, a notch below Koji Oishi/Nick Diaz but still up there lol

Cyborg was signed, she asked to be released.

Was signed as a 145er, UFC refused to offer her fights at that weight class after dissolving Strikeforce. But I meant Evinger. It's rediculous she's not signed. May not be a title contender, but she's a Top-10 fighter who adds depth to that division.

Looking at Cyborgs size I don't think Ronda tosses her as easy as people say.

She most def won't bring her down by headlock drag down.

I know Rondas judo is clearly legit but Cyborgs base just looks so strong.

zH4EayI.gif

If still give Ronda advantage overall, but I could totally see Cyborg winning.

Since that fight happened quite some time ago, I think people have just settled on remembering that Ronda embarrassed Miesha. Tate has no power but was just swinging wildy and caught Ronda once. She buckled slightly and Tate didn't get that chance again.

Was signed as a 145er, UFC refused to offer her fights at that weight class after dissolving Strikeforce. But I meant Evinger. It's rediculous she's not signed. May not be a title contender, but she's a Top-10 fighter who adds depth to that division.

If she was attractive she would be signed already. Sad but it's the truth.

I was excited for the McMann fight before hand. Aside from that stardom be damned. I get way more pumped to see Cyborg feed than I do watching Ronda dominate.
I'd much rather see Rousey dominate talented fighters than seeing Cyborg dominate people that have no chance. Van Duin didn't belong in there.

It's cool to see her crush people but knowing why she is so strong and knowing that she is fighting girls who don't belong?

It makes the fight uncomfortable.

If she was attractive she would be signed already. Sad but it's the truth.

"Evinger just lacks that "it factor" that Paige Van Zant has and as a result isn't UFC material... I just can't put my finger on what "it" is though " - Dana White

ufc170-2.gif

You didn't notice my edit. Tell me which solid punch Ronda's taken? Miesha has no power and she's the only one to have tagged Ronda. Liz was a grappling match. McMann landed one rushed shot before she got finished on the fence. Alexis Davis didn't touch Ronda. Cat didn't touch Ronda. Every Ronda fight in Strikeforce was finished quickly on the ground before she was tagged.

R3 gets hit three times in this gif and one more time afterwards.

It's cool to see her crush people but knowing why she is so strong and knowing that she is fighting girls who don't belong?

It makes the fight uncomfortable.

Oh no mistake about it. I feel dirty after watching her fights. Like one of those rich people from the movie Hostile.

Naw just watched the McMann fight again and she appeared to get tagged pretty hard about 3-4 times and going off memory I feel like she got tagged once or twice by Davis as well. Either way I would be very curious to see what Cyborg would look like in this 135 division. It's pretty crazy how much more talented the BW division is than the FW.

ufc170-2.gif

This is also against the fighter that has the best chance of keeping it standing with Ronda, so that's a bit unique.

People close distance on Cyborg effortlessly because Cyborg is wild and plods forward. McMann was at least tactical there and fought moving backward. Cyborg is going to do what she knows, and that's walk right into Rousey swinging, and that's the worst thing she could ever do.

ufc170-2.gif

Come on, I'm not saying Ronda has a glass jaw or some shit. I'm saying she hasn't been hit with a huge shot in her career, never said she hasn't been touched at all. Did those look like big shots to you? Looked like they rushed at each other and Sara started swinging rushed hooks till Ronda clinched up.

I'm talking about the kind of shot Sara dropped Miesha Tate with. Huge overhand right if I remember correctly.

Naw just watched the McMann fight again and she appeared to get tagged pretty hard about 3-4 times and going off memory I feel like she got tagged once or twice by Davis as well. Either way I would be very curious to see what Cyborg would look like in this 135 division. It's pretty crazy how much more talented the BW division is than the FW.

The smaller the women get, the more talented they become.

Back