Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada 8pm et/5pm pt/1am uk DISCUSSION

After continued crunching of numbers and confirmation in the lack of japanese trash talk from Modafferi, I can say now we have a winner for the The First Ever Worldwide Official Women's MMA Discussion Thread VS. The Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada (Saturday 09.06.2014) Official Thread: Invicta Phoenix Challenge

And the winner is............
dT7zAagnc.gif

JarlSkuld and VolkHan representing the historically great and monumental Team Worldwide WMMA Discussion Thread!!!

Final Scores:

Leto: 59
Gorgo: 186
Jarl: 201
Volk: 67

Team Invicta 8 Thread: 245

Team World WMMA Discussion Thread: 268

Congratulations to a great competition!!!

B5aTato.gif

Last edited:
f729a178_whatha.gif

Best Invicta event ever! Minus the unnecessary violence and savagery in the Main Event by the hands (and legs, and knees) of the Karate Hottie.

In fact, I'm too scared to check Fight Metrics for the striking ratios.

Do you think anyone beat Bethe' Correia's 68 significant strikes from her fight with Baszler?

Last edited:
f729a178_whatha.gif

Best Invicta event ever! Minus the unnecessary violence and savagery in the Main Event by the hands (and legs, and knees) of the Karate Hottie.

In fact, I'm too scared to check Fight Metrics for the striking ratios.

I know man, a bit under the weather right now, didn't have the strength in me to stay up till 5am.

Do you think anyone beat Bethe' Correia's 68 significant strikes from her fight with Baszler?

Karate Hottie probably already beat that number before Fight Pass began crashing!

Ain't that right SeverianB? :icon_lol:

After continued crunching of numbers and confirmation in the lack of japanese trash talk from Modafferi, I can say now we have a winner for the The First Ever Worldwide Official Women's MMA Discussion Thread VS. The Invicta FC 8: Waterson vs. Tamada (Saturday 09.06.2014) Official Thread: Invicta Phoenix Challenge

And the winner is............
dT7zAagnc.gif

JarlSkuld and VolkHan representing the historically great and monumental Team Worldwide WMMA Discussion Thread!!!

Final Scores:

Leto: 59
Gorgo: 186
Jarl: 143
Volk: 67

Team Invicta 8 Thread: 245

Team World WMMA Discussion Thread: 267

Congratulations to a great competition!!!

B5aTato.gif

Maybe I missed something since I know you had a pretty complicated scoring process, but dont Jarl and Volk only have 210 points for team worldwide?

Maybe I missed something since I know you had a pretty complicated scoring process, but dont Jarl and Volk only have 210 points for team worldwide?

Yeah, that's my bad, didn't include his bonus points for Jarl, just for me! lol (my subconscious probably still thinks there's a chance to win!:p). Alot of the questions we answered the same, so no need to tally, just the difference makers!

He got 49 bonus points for guessing that Roxy would shun her Japanese verbal skills when she was in the cage, and 9 points for guessing that Julie would not mention her love of cats or cats in general during the entire broadcast.

143 + 49 + 9 = 201 for Jarl

Volk didn't submit an entry for the bonus round, so he stays at 67

201 +67 = 268.

I guess they won by one more than I calculated. It hurts no less, but for them to step up and defend the honor and integrity of this thread is nothing short of coolness. :cool:

I will correct the error. I apologize, I had the paper where I had the scoring for the fights and then in the back I figured the bonus rounds, so I had the final scores, just forgot for that one area. Sharp eyes, lilmountain!

Would you ever consider joining my TUF20 Reality League, where we follow not only the fights, but the reality show exploits of the upcoming season this Wed? You're more than welcome to check it out, you'd probably do real well, its lots of fun:

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f56/alt-reality-tuf20-league-sign-up-post-mods-please-sticky-if-possible-2818187/

Sign ups are open to all, the first week we are picking the order the fighters get on their respective teams, so its two #1's, two #2's, etc, to the eight spot.

Also, 20 questions in honor of it being the 20th installment of TUF, here are the questions for you to get the kind of game it is:

1: Will Dana say that thing he says, something like... "Don't Leave it up to the Judges"?

Yes: -- 29 pts
No: -- 28 pts

2: Rumors abound that there was a scuffle early on. Will it happen this first episode?

Yes: -- 86 pts
No: -- 42 pts

3: Will even ONE the contestants in the house get drunk first night?

Yes -- 21 pts
No -- 101 pts

4: Over/Under -- Will there be more than 3 instances where they will need to censor for cussing? So if anyone, Dana or fighters or coaches, if there are four beeps, Over wins.

Over -- 42
Under -- 18

5: Who will win the first coin toss -- Pettis or Melendez?

Pettis -- 50 pts
Melendez -- 50 pts

6: Will there be an actual fight, like in the Octagon and with a Ref, in first episode? So quick like that??

Yes/No -- 20 pts

7: Since Strawweight is one of the lightest weightclasses out there, and actually two of the contestants were former Atomweights (even smaller 105 lbs!), Jessica Penna and Alex Chambers, will anybody mention how tiny/small/thin another contestant is?

Yes: -- 11 pts
No: -- 8 pts

8: There is a pool in the TUF20 house... will anyone dare wear a 2-piece bathing suit in the first episode?

Yes: -- 8 pts
No: -- 11 pts

9: Will they use subtitles for the soft-spoken scot, JoJo (Joanne Calderwood)?

Yes: -- 23 pts.
No: -- 13 pts.

10: There are always pranks, every season, so immature, right? Well, we have mature all-women in this season and not a bunch of knuckleheads who try to intimidate... but just in case, will it happen this first episode?

Yes: -- 44 pts.
No: -- 22 pts.

I know man, a bit under the weather right now, didn't have the strength in me to stay up till 5am.

Awww Tobago, you missed some great fights. I hope you catch a replay when you feel better. Eggink vs. Kankanpaa was a truly great fight!

...and has anyone heard about Yasuko Tamada...is she okay? I`m sure she`ll need some hospital time after that beating, right? Poor girl. It reminded me of an old interview with Wanderlei`s when he said he had great respect for Japanese fighter because they don`t give up. Tamada probably should have given up a lot earlier; there was no reason to stand there and take it (except pride)...and even her corner wouldn`t throw in the towel. She never tapped and she never lost consciousness...admirable, and yet foolish. I hope she`s alright.

Jarl

P.S. And oh, look at all the pages and posts in this thread! That is encouraging. I think more and more people are starting to take women`s MMA seriously. Invicta certainly did their part with great match-ups and great production all around (except the main event stream...which seems to be not their fault).

Last edited:
So the morning after Invicta 8: Waterson vs Streaming Issues

To anybody asking just how bad Rothlenhausler looked, imagine your average WWF jobber, not even Brooklyn Brawler level, more "local guy Joe Johnson" level. That's how bad. As soon as Tweet figured out how to deal with the pressure [pretty quickly might I add] she picked her apart then made her look like an absolute white belt on the ground.

That's not to say Rothlenhausler sucks, she pretty clearly doesn't and is the definition of potential, but Charmaine's experience was just too much for her.

Also, Waterson looked awesome but I can't help but think Tamada was some chick they picked up at a strip mall who was working the denny's or something. I know better but I really don't think Tamada was that good or even deserved the fight. I'm looking forward to seeing her against fantastic competition again and I see this as a tune up after her 17(?) month lay off. She blasted her exactly as she should've so I can't complain at all.

LOL @ 229 pages of this.

WOW. I don't know what else to say.

LOL @ you not knowing you can set threads to display 30 posts per page. Did you even watch the event?

Just caught up on it (been trying not to mess up my body clock too much recently) and it was an absolutely superb night of fights :icon_chee Delighted for Roxanne, her striking looked far better than it ever has. Aldana looked great, and I'd personally swap her in the UFC for Duke right now. A fight between her and Andrade or Bethe would be a lot of fun.

Rothenhausler has a lot to work on. She can't always rely on that power. Tweet capitalised on her wild style. Waterson again showed why she is one of the most popular and marketable WMMA fighters around. Tamada was too tough for her own good and I think her corner should have seriously considered pulling her out before the 4th.

So far, it doesn't look like the departure of the top-ranked Strawweights and a couple of the bantamweights is going to hurt Invicta much at all. Can't wait for the next card! :) :cool:

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I tried watching the FP Invicta recording this morning. I got through all of the fights except halfway through Waterson's destruction of Tamada, where it all of a sudden skipped from 3rd round to the closing credits.

Otherwise, great night of fights.

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I tried watching the FP Invicta recording this morning. I got through all of the fights except halfway through Waterson's destruction of Tamada, where it all of a sudden skipped from 3rd round to the closing credits.

Otherwise, great night of fights.

That happened to me too. I dragged the video back to around where I was and that worked.

That happened to me too. I dragged the video back to around where I was and that worked.

Thanks, I'll try that.

@Rothenhausler: Holy shit does she need to clean up her striking. She essentially looks exactly the same as the last time she wasn't able to end a fight in the opening seconds....

Made gifs from the finishes but I goofed and forgot to make them the same size

sNuXJZK.gif

f9xqjNJ.gif

dRrcIWA.gif

asksg98.gif

J1LLtqp.gif

EaZR2z9.gif

I wonder when Dana is going to add the 105 division. Waterson had a highlight reel finish and she's attractive.

Thanks for the GIFs, Vukkan.

Can somebody make/direct me to a GIF of Michelle doing that push kick tthat sent Tamada flying on to her ass? That was so bad-ass.

Jarl

Thanks for the GIFs, Vukkan.

Can somebody make/direct me to a GIF of Michelle doing that push kick tthat sent Tamada flying on to her ass? That was so bad-ass.

Jarl

Not to mention the spinning back kick to the face.

So far, it doesn't look like the departure of the top-ranked Strawweights and a couple of the bantamweights is going to hurt Invicta much at all.

I was thinking the exact opposite.
The best fight of the card was a Strawweight fight, wasn't it?

Thanks, I'll try that.

@Rothenhausler: Holy shit does she need to clean up her striking. She essentially looks exactly the same as the last time she wasn't able to end a fight in the opening seconds....

Yeah, i was really curious to see the improvements of her striking....but she looked the same.
She's young so she has the time by her side, but at this point...can you really polish that mess?

Back