***Irene Aldana SHERDOG Q&A***

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Drake

(Q&A now over)

*****This is a Q&A for UFC Bantamweight, Irene Aldana! She will answer your questions LIVE on TUESDAY, the 7th of February at 5:00 PM EST. This thread will open when it is time. Remember to keep it clean & respectful otherwise dubs or bans will be handed out.*****

Irene Aldana is one of the top Bantamweight prospects in the world & just recently put on a fight of the night performance in her UFC debut against Leslie Smith at UFC on Fox 22. She will next be taking on Katlyn Chookagian at UFC 210 in Buffalo, New York on April 8th.

16123693_1163149193794293_2254243658666606592_n.jpg

Irene holds a 7-3 pro record & is one of Mexico's best young rising stars. She was one of Invicta's top fighters prior to being signed to the UFC. Only going to decision once in her 10 fights, Irene is always looking to entertain(5 TKO/KO wins & 2 sub wins). Irene holds notable victories over the likes of Faith Van Duin, Peggy Morgan, Colleen Schneider & Jessamyn Duke.​

Irene-Aldana-desconoce-su-futuro-en-las-artes-marciales-mixtas.jpg

Follow her here:

Twitter: @irenealdanamma
Instagram: irene.aldana
Facebook: @irenealdanaufc

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Irene, how are you?
Do you think that octagon jitters(fighting in the UFC for the first time) played
a role in your fight against Leslie Smith? I have to say, despite having the loss,
there were moments in the fight where you looked really good. Do you think now
that you have that first fight in the UFC out of the way, you'll be more comfortable
in your next fight coming up?

Do you prefer knock outs or submissions? And thanks for taking your time to answer questions.

Irene,

As a fan since you debut in Invicta FC, thank you for doing this. It’s greatly appreciated.

1. I’ve read differing stories, but who started training first, you, or Alexa?

2. You’ve said in an interview that you prefer Tequila to Mezcal. What is your favorite kind of tequila?

3. When did you decide that you wanted to become a fighter, was it before, or after you started training?

4. You’ve posted several vids on social media of you practicing kicks, but you seem to use them sparingly in your fights. Do you plan to use them more often in your fights in the future?

5. What is your favorite win?

6. What was your hardest loss?

7. Any fighter you look up to?

8. 8 favorite technique, or favorite practice drill?

9. Your next opponent is another fighter that likes to put forward pressure on her opponents. Any plans you can reveal on how you plan to handle her?

Again, thank you for doing this, and I hope you enjoy it.

Irene!!! Saludos desde Fresno, CA........Que opinas de tu proximo oponente y como va tu preparacion para la pelea?

Hi Irene! I've been a fan of yours since you first came to Invicta FC.

I know that you are teammates with Alexa Grasso. Would you please describe how you support each other? Did she come to your Sacramento fight? Did you go to her Houston fight?

I've read that your nickname is "Robles". Is that really a nickname, or is it a real name? If it is a nickname, what does it mean in English?

Will we be seeing other female MMA fighters coming out of Lobo Gym soon?

Hey Irene, how are you?
Do you think that octagon jitters(fighting in the UFC for the first time) played
a role in your fight against Leslie Smith? I have to say, despite having the loss,
there were moments in the fight where you looked really good. Do you think now
that you have that first fight in the UFC out of the way, you'll be more comfortable
in your next fight coming up?

definitely, I was nervous and excited at the same time, had a lot of different emotions up there, lost a little of my focus at the beginning, but what I think that really affected me, was that little mistake I made, I left my hand down I got caught, But Im happy that I had such an amazing opponent, with a lot of experience, now I know now what it feels to be in the UFC cage, next time I would handle it better, its amazing that we had that exciting fight !!

Hola Irene!

A quien le vas a las chiva de guadalajara o Los dorados de sinaloa?

Do you miss Mike Goldberg?

Hi Irene! What are some of your favorite things to do outside of training?

Hi Irene! I've been a fan of yours since you first came to Invicta FC.

I know that you are teammates with Alexa Grasso. Would you please describe how you support each other? Did she come to your Sacramento fight? Did you go to her Houston fight?

I've read that your nickname is "Robles". Is that really a nickname, or is it a real name? If it is a nickname, what does it mean in English?

Will we be seeing other female MMA fighters coming out of Lobo Gym soon?

- We are very supportive to each other, we never lose each other fights, I am always in hers and she is always in mines, we are very close =)

- No jaja ROBLES is my second last name : Irene Aldana Robles, one promotion made a mistake and put is as a nickname and has been an issue since then

- Yes there are two girls on their way

What do you think of Chookagian as a opponent?

Thanks for coming on to do this, Irene. We're glad to have you.

Two questions for you:

1) Why did you choose to walk out to Delinquent Habits' "Return of the Tres" for your first UFC fight? Are you going to use it again in Buffalo, or will you pick something else?

2) If you could fight any celebrity, living or dead, who would you fight?

From @JohnnyAngellove on Twitter:

How soon do you want a title shot?

Hi Irene! What are some of your favorite things to do outside of training?
Hi ! Love to watch movies, read a book, spend time enjoying my home, love to go out to different restaurants, the beach, travel... =) but really dont have much time

Hey Irene, one more thing, will you be a member of our kpop fan club here at Sherdog? All you have to do is say yes. :)

Hi @Irene Aldana !

I want to start off by saying your idea of cutting weight while playing Witcher 3 is revolutionary and if more people did it, we would never have people missing weight ever again

First question, Triss or Yen?

Also, have you bought any of the Witcher 3 DLC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back