Iron sharpens iron.

eternaldarkness

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
just watching aleksander emelianenko, and i think a part of fedors decline could be attributed to the loss of his brother as a sparring partner. aleksander was a big fighter and had good boxing skill, especially for that era of mma. i believe he was a big part of what made fedor great. what are some other examples of fighter/training partner or fighter/coach relationships that created great fighters. obvious one would be team chuteboxe back in day.

aka

cain dc,khabib,luke

they also injure each other

I don't think Aleksander was ever a consistent part of Fedor's camp. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

Fedor's issue, to me, is he stopped prioritizing his training as a whole deeper into his career. His ties to M1-Global furthered this. Fedor's IQ just disappeared overnight. The guy who was considered the smartest fighter in all of MMA suddenly decided to fight like Wanderlei Silva.

Kind of sad really. I love Fedor and I get why he never came to the UFC, given the UFC's never really had a monopoly on HW talent whatsoever. But his demise does feel like his own doing to some extent. Kinda hard to believe I'm typing this, when I got into MMA Fedor literally seemed like supernatural being by the majority.

To the point, maybe Jackson's camp as a whole. I kind of question if "training camps" with all of the best fighters working together really makes a lot of sense though now of days.

just watching aleksander emelianenko, and i think a part of fedors decline could be attributed to the loss of his brother as a sparring partner. aleksander was a big fighter and had good boxing skill, especially for that era of mma. i believe he was a big part of what made fedor great. what are some other examples of fighter/training partner or fighter/coach relationships that created great fighters. obvious one would be team chuteboxe back in day.

His decline is because of age and wear and tear. Fedor has always fought the same way but as he aged he got a little bit slower and his chin deteriorated due to the damage he's taken.

iron does not sharpen iron though. You beat two peaces of iron together nothing happens. You need an abrasive harder than iron to sharpen iron.

i feel like his decline came when he started getting heavy into religion.

he started going on weird diets and lost a bunch of weight.

I always thought that phrase was a gay innuendo

Rashad learned a lot from Schoonover.

Fedor decline was a result of him abandoning his grappling and relying on his striking. Hendo did the same thing as he got older

I don't think Aleksander was ever a consistent part of Fedor's camp. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

Fedor's issue, to me, is he stopped prioritizing his training as a whole deeper into his career. His ties to M1-Global furthered this. Fedor's IQ just disappeared overnight. The guy who was considered the smartest fighter in all of MMA suddenly decided to fight like Wanderlei Silva.

Kind of sad really. I love Fedor and I get why he never came to the UFC, given the UFC's never really had a monopoly on HW talent whatsoever. But his demise does feel like his own doing to some extent. Kinda hard to believe I'm typing this, when I got into MMA Fedor literally seemed like supernatural being by the majority.

To the point, maybe Jackson's camp as a whole. I kind of question if "training camps" with all of the best fighters working together really makes a lot of sense though now of days.
what demise? he destroyed people for years and years. then age and time caught up with him.

fuck the ufc. there are hundreds of thousands of people practicing some form of martial arts RIGHT now. they don't need the UFC to validate their existence.

if you can think of one heavyweight fighter who does not list Fedor as one of their role models, I'd be surprised. he did what he came to do, beat people's asses. then he went home to spend time with his family. everything comes to an end.

Really? Most of the best fighters in the sport are religious in some way.

i'm not saying being religious is what made him decline, i'm saying when he started getting into it HEAVY. like i said, he started going on these vegan diets and shit and lost a lot of weight.

i'm not even saying that being deeply religious is bad for some people, but for Fedor, in my opinion, it affected him and not in a good way for fighting.

of course, he could be a much more happier person and at peace with himself because of his religious experiences, and that, i cannot fault him for doing it.

but like i said, strictly from a fighting point of view, i don't think it was a good thing.

Back