is 10th planet still more practical for MMA and no-gi comps than traditional no-gi BJJ?

oldmansmoker

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
There has been some noticeable fighters in the ufc who repped 10th planet. It used to be such a big deal, is it still a big deal? or is it all about Ryan Hall and 50/50 guard now!!!

There has been some noticeable fighters in the ufc who repped 10th planet. It used to be such a big deal, is it still a big deal? or is it all about Ryan Hall and 50/50 guard now!!!

What? 50/50 is not even popular anymore

Traditional high guard is tons better than rubber guard.

Well, what Tonnon did, strong positioning with the evee threat of subs is the best style.

did you time trave
l from 2009?

posture is different in mma today guys use tot ry to hold and smother guys from guard but now that the levels higher i feel guys now like to posture high and drop bombs they have good base and wrestling so are ready to scramble if the guy tries to escape breaking a guys [posture down isnt the only hard part.

i feel you only have 5 mins a round not even counting how long it takes to get to the ground then the rubber guard takes usually 3 to 5 mins just tog get something working it has so manys teps till you get to most of its subs if there were no time limits it would be fine but time limits kill i i think

Joe Rogan marketing made it a big deal ..

Back