Is 225 worth the money to see it live?

Streeter

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I live in Chicago and can't remember a PPV card ever here. Looks like a solid card top to bottom as even the Prelims are stocked with big names. But no real fight that I just know will be great other than Yoel - Knuckles II. Only place I will sit is lower level about 15 rows up even with the cage but fuck they want 350 a piece for those on ticket sites right now. I don't mind paying 700 for 2 seats once in a blue moon - just don't want to go an get a night of boring decisions either. Anyone think the card is going to be worth the money to get decent seats an see the event?

Bobby-Yoel
RDA-Colby
Holly-Meagan Anderson
Punk - ???
Reem-Blaydes

4 pre lims with big names (all be it most past primes).

The mezz prices are a touch lower but not much anywhere close to even with the cage is still right around 300 a ticket. I will just watch on TV rather than go an have a shitty view.

anyone think this card might be worth the pony up to see a ppv in person in your home town? On fence right now

Your view at home will be significantly better no matter where you sit, but once or twice a year I do enjoy checking out a live UFC event.

MMA live can be quite boring, but if you get Jones/Gus or Dooho/Cub (which I attended) it can be quite special.

Yes because you can't see that great from anywhere that is why they have big ass TV screens and the commentary has monitors and they are right beside the cage. The energy in the building is a rush in itself but as far as watching it and wanting to see everything it is best to watch it at home but the experience is awesome . I went to my first pro fight in 2003 then Luke vs Philippou in Atlanta. I doubt I would ever go again just because i like watching the fights and their is a lot of drunk idiots at fights and I don't drink so I can't stand a fucking drunk person.

I think a UFC experience is worth it either way, it's a different atmosphere live and even if there aren't big names, local or up and coming talent can provide a really good show.

If you've been to a UFC show, or even PPV before maybe skip it, but this is a great card!

I've never like a live show because I always find myself staring at the tv screens to watch the action. But hey everyone should see one mma fight live at least once ! Go do it and have fun!

Its worth the money for CM Punk's entrance alone.

I live in Chicago and can't remember a PPV card ever here. Looks like a solid card top to bottom as even the Prelims are stocked with big names. But no real fight that I just know will be great other than Yoel - Knuckles II. Only place I will sit is lower level about 15 rows up even with the cage but fuck they want 350 a piece for those on ticket sites right now. I don't mind paying 700 for 2 seats once in a blue moon - just don't want to go an get a night of boring decisions either. Anyone think the card is going to be worth the money to get decent seats an see the event?

Bobby-Yoel
RDA-Colby
Holly-Meagan Anderson
Punk - ???
Reem-Blaydes

4 pre lims with big names (all be it most past primes).

The mezz prices are a touch lower but not much anywhere close to even with the cage is still right around 300 a ticket. I will just watch on TV rather than go an have a shitty view.

anyone think this card might be worth the pony up to see a ppv in person in your home town? On fence right now
Yea but purchase insurance man. YOU know the way these cancellations with events and the fights are going it's prob worth it.

if I had $700 to spare for those type of seats I'd do it in a heart beat. Just know that a stacked card on paper doesn't mean a great live card. Or even the same card that was listed at the time you bought your tix.

Imagine being within touching distance of Megan 'Mommy Long Legs' Anderson.

<SelenaWow>

Any chance you get to see an event live, you should take it. Especially if you have never been to one. It’s definitely worth it in my opinion, regardless of the card.

I went to Fedor/Hendo and had similar seats (to the ones I "plan" to get tommorow - even with cage 15 rows up ) - actually saw most of the stuff - was originally wanting floor for that one but my buddy talked me into sitting a little higher and it was actually a decent view. Went to TJ/Renan II a few years ago and sat on floor n it was terrible - my neck still hurts having to look at screen entire time - anI paid more to sit there.

It is just such a great card on paper in terms of names - hell prelims are fucking stacked.

Your view at home will be significantly better no matter where you sit, but once or twice a year I do enjoy checking out a live UFC event.

MMA live can be quite boring, but if you get Jones/Gus or Dooho/Cub (which I attended) it can be quite special.

True that I got Rampage vs. Hamill, expecting Edgar vs. Maynard 3 in Vegas after flights and hotel, and the whole card was awful. Should've waited and went to Cruz vs. Faber instead.

Luckily 136 came to Houston and so I got to see it live antwats. Same with 166. Those were a blast. Sadly missed rest of the Texas cards with the exception of Frankie vs. Cub.

Don't bother going if you're not going to get get drunk as fuck and yell punch him in the face/dick, kick his ass, Seabass, or scream to the ref to stand them up after 5 seconds on the ground.

unless i got money to burn, live events arent worth it, typically.

best seats are first few rows right above the floor seats.

BUT, this is a GREAT card.. if it stays, its ufc 84, 217 good.

True that I got Rampage vs. Hamill, expecting Edgar vs. Maynard 3 in Vegas after flights and hotel, and the whole card was awful. Should've waited and went to Cruz vs. Faber instead.

Luckily 136 came to Houston and so I got to see it live antwats. Same with 166. Those were a blast. Sadly missed rest of the Texas cards with the exception of Frankie vs. Cub.

Don't bother going if you're not going to get get drunk as fuck and yell punch him in the face/dick, kick his ass, Seabass, or scream to the ref to stand them up after 5 seconds on the ground.
get drunk/fucked up before u go.

i recommend an edible if ur into that. its quite a long event, like 7+ hours.

I've sat near where the fighters exit to backstage before, and seen guys burst into tears for what I thought was a insignificant bout. I realized that a newcomer losing somewhere on the prelims, can be more devastating than a fighter losing a title fight in the main event.

Guys who have won the title at least made it.

The guys on the prelims are sometimes making no money and this might be there only chance at living their dream.

So live events do provide a new perspective. They help put things into reality which I think is great to experience at least once.

Last edited:
He’ll yeah it’s worth it!. I live in Indiana and go to every Chicago event. I payed $265 to be mid level. You better get on it for tickets cuz they are going quick. To me it’s always worth it. I’m going on my 14th or 15th event total between UFC and Bellator. It’ll be my first PPV. You gotta go!

If u have some good binoculars just get cheaper seats. The energy in the building is incredible on a good card like 211 or 218. And with good binoculars you it's like you're as close as the ref. I was pretty high up but I could see the blood, sweat, and expressions on fighters faces. Pimples & moles too. Zoom in on Rogan checking his phone every 15 secs. Definitely more than a good HD smart tv reveals.

Yes. It is Chicago, which despite the bad press is a pretty awesome city. It will also for sure have fights in the audience that you will not see on Fox. You must go. The food is great there too.

He’ll yeah it’s worth it!. I live in Indiana and go to every Chicago event. I payed $265 to be mid level. You better get on it for tickets cuz they are going quick. To me it’s always worth it. I’m going on my 14th or 15th event total between UFC and Bellator. It’ll be my first PPV. You gotta go!
My Buddy got 4 tickets today already - he offered me 2 they are section 110 about halfway up.

Back