Is 225 worth the money to see it live?

I live in Chicago and can't remember a PPV card ever here. Looks like a solid card top to bottom as even the Prelims are stocked with big names. But no real fight that I just know will be great other than Yoel - Knuckles II. Only place I will sit is lower level about 15 rows up even with the cage but fuck they want 350 a piece for those on ticket sites right now. I don't mind paying 700 for 2 seats once in a blue moon - just don't want to go an get a night of boring decisions either. Anyone think the card is going to be worth the money to get decent seats an see the event?

Bobby-Yoel
RDA-Colby
Holly-Meagan Anderson
Punk - ???
Reem-Blaydes

4 pre lims with big names (all be it most past primes).

The mezz prices are a touch lower but not much anywhere close to even with the cage is still right around 300 a ticket. I will just watch on TV rather than go an have a shitty view.

anyone think this card might be worth the pony up to see a ppv in person in your home town? On fence right now

I like sitting up high at MMA fights so I can see down into the cage better. I got 2nd row on the upper deck, and after tax and fees it was around $100 a piece. Pretty expensive, but they don't come around often so I figured what the hell, why not..

You should go,. just remember that card will look nothing like that come fight night though. Also you need to get good seats or you will just be watching the big screen all night.

I've been to a ton of events. Closer to the cage the better. The interactive map on ticketmaster helps because $300 seats turn into $185 within 1 seat or so. I try to grab those which normally have a slight angle.
IMO UFC events are either extremely boring or its unbelievable.

A majority were boring for me.. but for example when UFC 189's atmosphere peaked, it was equivalent to a massive Stanley Cup game i've attended. That feeling is rare and special.

Im going. You should too.

Card has potential for some awesome fights. United Center should be buzzing.

I live in Chicago and can't remember a PPV card ever here. Looks like a solid card top to bottom as even the Prelims are stocked with big names. But no real fight that I just know will be great other than Yoel - Knuckles II. Only place I will sit is lower level about 15 rows up even with the cage but fuck they want 350 a piece for those on ticket sites right now. I don't mind paying 700 for 2 seats once in a blue moon - just don't want to go an get a night of boring decisions either. Anyone think the card is going to be worth the money to get decent seats an see the event?

Bobby-Yoel
RDA-Colby
Holly-Meagan Anderson
Punk - ???
Reem-Blaydes

4 pre lims with big names (all be it most past primes).

The mezz prices are a touch lower but not much anywhere close to even with the cage is still right around 300 a ticket. I will just watch on TV rather than go an have a shitty view.

anyone think this card might be worth the pony up to see a ppv in person in your home town? On fence right now
look at it this way. it is in your hometown so it is only the cost of the tickets. if you traveled for a "better" card you'd be looking at airfare and a hotel. so even if the tickets were cheaper you'd be spending more in total.

also, "better" cards don't always live up to the hype and some crap cards deliver excitement (not saying this card is crap).

i didn't wanna be that guy but when you asked is this card worth it, we'll only know for sure after the card at which point you will have had to made a decision. good luck

I live in Vegas and still haven't gone to it live. It's not worth it unless you are close and being close will cost me a few months in rent. No thanks.

Wait closer to the event in case someone in the main event pulls out.

You don’t want to buy it now and find out later that holly vs Megan Anderson is the new main event.

let's get a poll going for how many fights fall thru before game time.

I've been to a ton of events.

A majority were boring for me.. but for example when UFC 189's atmosphere peaked, it was equivalent to a massive Stanley Cup game i've attended. That feeling is rare and special.

Im going. You should too.

Yeah when I went to the Lewis vs. Abdurakhimov fight night in Albany, I honestly felt like what the hell am I doing here? It was quite boring.

UFC 206 however, with Lando's spin kick, Swanson vs. Choi, and Cerrone vs. Brown... that was a blast. Great time.

Back