Is ACB folding?

Evangelion

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

They've now cancelled 3 consecutive events. With Fight Nights Global also in trouble there's going to be a big time shake up in Russian MMA.

Not good news. They always acted like they had never ending money, lots of events all over the world some in places that made no sense. Event after event. I always thought it was strange, money laundering strange tbh. Let's see what happens but I wouldn't be surprised if they vanish out of nowhere.

yeah they're gonna go out of business.

only good that'll come of it is the fighters can get scooped up by other orgs and some of their divisions can get some more talent. bellator could use some of these guys

I thought it was FNG, when one of their primary backers got indicted

This is pretty huge news for Russian MMA

Something always seemed off with those guys, so this isn't all that shocking to hear.

I'm sure someone new will fill the vacuum for Russian MMA, but in the meantime hopefully the fighters can latch onto KSW, Bellator, etc.

ACB has a great roster, but they should only do Russian events for a while.

if one org can consolidate all of the talent they'd be a huge threat to bellator and PFL

I thought it was FNG, when one of their primary backers got indicted

This is pretty huge news for Russian MMA

Fng also seems to be in a lot of trouble. Not going to lie I'd love to see Pavlovich, Tumenov, Khasbulaev, Abdul aziz, Kerimov and on head stateside

if one org can consolidate all of the talent they'd be a huge threat to bellator and PFL
PFL maybe but na Bellator has an amazing roster tbh. ACB couldn’t even come close to touching Bellator’s roster. Bellator’s roster might be more filled top to bottom with names, vets, and big time prospects than SF’s was.

Fuck, ACB was dope, hope they can overcome this. If not, would be great to see if RCC or some other promotion can take all the talent. Hope UFC can sign some guys too.
PFL maybe but na Bellator has an amazing roster tbh. ACB couldn’t even come close to touching Bellator’s roster. Bellator’s roster might be more filled top to bottom with names, vets, and big time prospects than SF’s was.
I think he's talking about all Russian talent. If you stack all top fighters from ACB + M1-G + FNG + WFCA you definitely would have a much more competitive and exciting roster than Bellator's. No doubt about it. The most stacked div. in Bellator has like 12-15 fighters.

I think he's talking about all Russian talent. If you stack all top fighters from ACB + M1-G + FNG + WFCA you definitely would have a much more competitive and exciting roster than Bellator's. No doubt about it.

Maybe a more skilled and competitive roster, but not one that would be remotely threatening to Bellator.

Sad news. :(
ACB was dope.

too soon to make any conclusions. so far we know that London is officially cancelled and the rest is just a rumors. tickets still on sale. let's wait.

Shocking that if you build it they will come attitude of some these promotions fail miserably. They get a couple guys willing to shell out millions and they burn right through it with little plan on how to actually grow what they are doing to become self sufficient. Even the richest people in the world hate throwing money down the drain.

Sad news, i was even thinking of going to the Sweden event. If ACB does fold i hope the talent they have will go to UFC/Bellator/PFL instead of another Russian promotion. At this point Russian promotions are only for building talents, they cant compete with American promotions in business so they should only focus on building fighters.

I remember frank mir was going to have a USA promoters license and supposedly promote acb in the US and he never mentioned anything about it plus now all the cancelations and the burned money. They were doing events left and right with 0 promotion and empty arenas

A shame, ACB may be shady but it still belongs to the top when it goes about the sport aspect.
Wondering what's the reason for this, does Khasiev have financial problems ? did he lost the interest in the sport ? political problems ? something else ?
Or are they tired of having events in empty arenas ?

Also bad for russian MMA, when with ACB and FNG the 2 big players are having problems.
Looks like M-1 will become the new leader in Russia (doesn't seem like RCC and Akhmat have big ambitions regarding expansion etc.)

Nahhh, they will be OK
Probably going to start to focus just in the Russian market again (Sweden show aside) and try to secure some stablity for the rest of the year, then starting the expansion with a lot more of advertisement and inteligence oncd they are recovered and if they get new $ponsonrs...

(Ultra optimistic, love ACB)

Back