Is anyone here actually on TRT?

whats funny is after i broke my spine i was given painkillers and muscle relaxers. never took one of them. still trying to show kids how to be a real man.
That is fucking weird I broke like three dudes spines MK style and I take painkillers all the time.

Matt Serra has been on TRT for over 4 years. He will vouch for it more than anyone. Even his teammates like Chris Weidman are tempted after seeing how much of a beast Serra has become while on TRT. Chris Weidman said he has thought about doing TRT after he retires from the UFC.

Matt Serra eats so much pizza and pasta, yet still manages to have an overall muscular physique (look at him and Dana White goofing off shirtless...they both look "buff fat", like people who workout hardcore in the gym while eating a ton on a bulking phase. He is definitely chubby looking compared to his competition days....

but considering how awful his diet is + his endomorphic bodytype, the TRT must be working well for him.

Chael Sonnen is probably the best TRT story. He started using it in 2008....it takes about a year to feel the optimum effects of TRT...by 2009/early 2010 Chael Sonnen was a new man. Ragdolled Yushin Okami and Nate Marquardt, both top 5 MW at the time.

Tthen by mid 2010 Chael became the confident and charismatic guy we know now.

Chael says the moment he retires from MMA...he is gonna go right back on the TRT because "it makes your whole life better"

The only downside of trt and steroids is once you go on it you cant go off it screws with your endocrine system, so if you cant afford the stuff or they have a government recall or shortage you are screwed and will get high estrogen and crash and loses gains. You must take it regularly. Its not like a vitamin where you can just stop supplementing and no negative sides happen, you stop taking trt you a fucked, and once you go on and you get nagging sides you are fucked you have to deal with it, like night sweats, aching shrunken nuts, oily skin, hairloss, acne, thick long ear, nose hairs. Increase in blood pressure, heart issues like increased heart rate, cholesterol blood thickness. Etc.

Based of Tidwell’s post above. What we need in here is someone who has come off TRT to relate their findings as well so we can have both sides of the coin.

Based of Tidwell’s post above. What we need in here is someone who has come off TRT to relate their findings as well so we can have both sides of the coin.

You can find many people on certain forums like "All things male" for this. They go through PCT, which is usually a protocol of taking HCG or clomid for a short period while getting off the testosterone. In short...they live.

We have real life examples in Chael Sonnen, Vitor Belfort, and Dan Henderson.

They became shells of their former selves after the TRT ban....but they were still functional. Dan Henderson had a pretty hit and miss UFC tenure post TRT ban....which is pretty impressive considerinag that he was in his mid 40s. Vitor also had a hit and miss run after the TRT ban...and Vitor's past illegal steroid abuse in the late 90s/early 2000s probably cost him a LOT WORSE permanent damage than TRT.

Chael Sonnen seems to be doing alright...dominated both Rampage and Wanderlei..wasn't even close. Keep in mind that Chael is pretty much the same age as them, so it's not like we can say they are over the hill, because Chael isn't exactly in his prime either.

The only downside of trt and steroids is once you go on it you cant go off it screws with your endocrine system, so if you cant afford the stuff or they have a government recall or shortage you are screwed and will get high estrogen and crash and loses gains. You must take it regularly. Its not like a vitamin where you can just stop supplementing and no negative sides happen, you stop taking trt you a fucked, and once you go on and you get nagging sides you are fucked you have to deal with it, like night sweats, aching shrunken nuts, oily skin, hairloss, acne, thick long ear, nose hairs. Increase in blood pressure, heart issues like increased heart rate, cholesterol blood thickness. Etc.

Actually...some people abuse PEDs then quit in hopes of lowering their levels to the point where doctors have no choice but to give them some form of hormone therapy.

So in the worst case scenario you presented...doctors would definitely not go "Hey you fucked up, it's not our problem". There is precedent for this situation...think drug rehab or alcohol poisoning situations among teenagers.

I noticed a change a few years ago and got tested. I was low. Libido was down, low energy levels. I knew something was wrong. I use the gel daily. It's expensive but free once I hit my deductible. Made me "me" again. I'm tested twice a year because high levels can cause prostate and other problems. No downside that I can tell but I imagine if someone with normal levels took it he could have serious problems.

I noticed a change a few years ago and got tested. I was low. Libido was down, low energy levels. I knew something was wrong. I use the gel daily. It's expensive but free once I hit my deductible. Made me "me" again. I'm tested twice a year because high levels can cause prostate and other problems. No downside that I can tell but I imagine if someone with normal levels took it he could have serious problems.

Do you think the MMA fighters who used it (Couture, Henderson, Sonnen, Vitor, etc) had normal levels before TRT?

Or do you think it's more likely they really did have extremely low levels caused by prior steroid abuse?

I just don't see Dan Henderson as a roider in his younger days. I also don't see him as someone with naturally low T levels.

Chael I can definitely picture as someone who naturally had low testosterone. Just look and listen to him before 10 years ago. He seemed really devoid of any charisma, socially awkward, insecure, and way too self-serious.

PS - normal for one person can be super low for another. Take Chris Weidman....a few years ago, Weidman tested at around 300 to 400 ng/dl testosterone....he was only 30, or close to it...that is very low for a pro athlete in his (near) prime years. However, that was fine for him, whereas maybe a different fighter, who is much older, could test higher but feel worse.

IE- suppose a 45 year old athlete tests 550 ng. What if that fighter actually used to be in the 900s just 10 years ago? Wouldn't that fighter benefit from TRT?

Last edited:
I need to get my T levels check I think. I think I checked them 3 years ago and I was about average. But I was a major alcoholic for quite some time before and after that and now that I'm 41 I feel like my T levels have crashed. I"m constantly tired, low sex drive, etc. I'm still lean but I just think boosting my T levels could make a huge difference in my life. I just don't want to have to be on it the rest of my life!

Do you think the MMA fighters who used it (Couture, Henderson, Sonnen, Vitor, etc) had normal levels before TRT?

Or do you think it's more likely they really did have extremely low levels caused by prior steroid abuse?

I just don't see Dan Henderson as a roider in his younger days. I also don't see him as someone with naturally low T levels.

Chael I can definitely picture as someone who naturally had low testosterone. Just look and listen to him before 10 years ago. He seemed really devoid of any charisma, socially awkward, insecure, and way too self-serious.

PS - normal for one person can be super low for another. Take Chris Weidman....a few years ago, Weidman tested at around 300 to 400 ng/dl testosterone....he was only 30, or close to it...that is very low for a pro athlete in his (near) prime years. However, that was fine for him, whereas maybe a different fighter, who is much older, could test higher but feel worse.

IE- suppose a 45 year old athlete tests 550 ng. What if that fighter actually used to be in the 900s just 10 years ago? Wouldn't that fighter benefit from TRT?
Sometimes low T is the result of past roid usage. Could be a coincidence but who knows. Mine was below 300 and therapy puts me in the mid 800’s. As for your fighter analogy, you aren’t supposed to have the same levels at 45 as you did at 25. I suppose he would benefit performance wise, but I’d be worried about overall health. That’s why I’m fine with mine in the 800’s instead of jacking it up.

You can find many people on certain forums like "All things male" for this. They go through PCT, which is usually a protocol of taking HCG or clomid for a short period while getting off the testosterone. In short...they live.

We have real life examples in Chael Sonnen, Vitor Belfort, and Dan Henderson.

They became shells of their former selves after the TRT ban....but they were still functional. Dan Henderson had a pretty hit and miss UFC tenure post TRT ban....which is pretty impressive considerinag that he was in his mid 40s. Vitor also had a hit and miss run after the TRT ban...and Vitor's past illegal steroid abuse in the late 90s/early 2000s probably cost him a LOT WORSE permanent damage than TRT.

Chael Sonnen seems to be doing alright...dominated both Rampage and Wanderlei..wasn't even close. Keep in mind that Chael is pretty much the same age as them, so it's not like we can say they are over the hill, because Chael isn't exactly in his prime either.

Chael and Dan are not completely off hormone therapy, Vitor is the only one who went off completely.

Hendo was the only one who didnt get caught and came out and said he takes TRT but he was the only guy who didnt go over with it, Hendo legit just took the required doctor shots and his test was at normal he never had those extreme levels like Chael and Vitor.

Hendo probably said dam these bozos they ruined it for guys like me who really need the stuff.

A lot of those body builders would take those prostate supplements, now I know why because they didn't want their prostate to enlarge. I heard that it enlarges if you sit down all day or do a lot of heavy squats.

How does that gel work? do you rub it in a certain part of your body like the shoulder or leg? I only know of the patch and people who used the testosterone patch said it was horrible they would get a huge red or dark circle underneath the patch.

I hope they come out with something more mild but accessible that doesn't give you sides, the closet is Sarms but they still dangerous.

Id take something that would give me a mild boostin testosterone with zero sides, especially if it doesn't harm the heart or internal organs.

But right now Im scared to even take TRT too many sides, and I have a family history of hypertension and heart issues.

You know what? Screw it. I’m gonna set up an appointment to test my levels. My main fear about TRT is prostate cancer, but one site I was reading, the doctor says you test for PC before you even can get TRT.

Top level athletes testosterone levels drop drastically, I remember reading a study that athletes who trained intensely every year since their teens their testosterone will drop quicker than the average male who starts training in his mid 20s, they think over training can cause this. Thats why a lot of trainers dont believe in pushing your fighters or athletes to the point of failure they are training them smarter now to be in conditioning every day without being sore the next.

Chael has a small dick and balls, he admit to it in his testimony in front of the commission he had hypogonads or something which is tiny balls or the balls didnt drop low thats why he got on steroids he already admit he took more than just trt but was trying to use the trt loophole to get away with it.

A lot of guys were using TRT loophole or the exemption to get away with taking more steroids they were just cycling, but these idiots ruined it because they were pissing hot a few days before the fight they didnt taper off so they wouldnt piss hot. They thought if they got that TRT exemption it wouldn't matter and they would just say hey I got approved for TRT thats why my levels are high.

You know what? Screw it. I’m gonna set up an appointment to test my levels. My main fear about TRT is prostate cancer, but one site I was reading, the doctor says you test for PC before you even can get TRT.
they put you in propecia or finasteride if your prostate enlarges but that is your only fear?

Do you have enough money for TRT, do you have a family history of high blood pressure, thick blood or cholesterol, heart issues, kidney? a lot of times guys goin healthy only to wind up sick from TRT, I know a guy who got Jaundice taking an oral steroid.

I'm thinking around my 50's I'll use it
I'm 37 and in pretty good shape exercising 4 - 5 times a week but when I get older I don't have issues about getting on it.

Yea this is my plan going to see how long I can go without it. I workout the same amount between lifting weights and BJJ.

A lot of those body builders would take those prostate supplements, now I know why because they didn't want their prostate to enlarge. I heard that it enlarges if you sit down all day or do a lot of heavy squats.

How does that gel work? do you rub it in a certain part of your body like the shoulder or leg? I only know of the patch and people who used the testosterone patch said it was horrible they would get a huge red or dark circle underneath the patch.

I hope they come out with something more mild but accessible that doesn't give you sides, the closet is Sarms but they still dangerous.

Id take something that would give me a mild boostin testosterone with zero sides, especially if it doesn't harm the heart or internal organs.

But right now Im scared to even take TRT too many sides, and I have a family history of hypertension and heart issues.
Here it is. They just came out with a generic but it still looks the same. You put one pump under each arm like deodorant.

axiron-1.jpg

LLY19750.jpg

400x-axiron-ifu-f9v1.jpg

Back