Is anyone picking Aldo in the rematch?

According to Aldo he's been implementing kicks in training camp, and he just spent a month with Robert Garcia (with documented progress available).

Both are great and all, but I'm with Chael on this one. As the West Linn loud mouth pointed out, historically in rematches the younger fighter wins only more decisively.

Mark hominic...

Aldo beat on him for 3 rounds and then spent 2 rounds in survival mode.

And Holloway is vastly better than hominic . Not to mention aldo is 6 years older and has been ko'd twice.

Max wins again

Going into the first fight I had max. But I thought aldo fought well in that first fight and can see him getting his belt back in this one

Mark hominic...

Aldo beat on him for 3 rounds and then spent 2 rounds in survival mode.

And Holloway is vastly better than hominic . Not to mention aldo is 6 years older and has been ko'd twice.

Max wins again

Your memory is complete shit! 2 rounds in survival mode? Aldo won 4 rounds and was winning the 5th until the TD with 3 min left in the 5th. He kept Hominick in his guard and was never close to being finished for the last few min

Your memory is complete shit! 2 rounds in survival mode? Aldo won 4 rounds and was winning the 5th until the TD with 3 min left in the 5th. He kept Hominick in his guard and was never close to being finished for the last few min

funny you should say that.. sherdog had it 48-47 for aldo. So how do you think they arrived at that score genius? Aldo dropped hominic the 4th but other than that hominic won the round. The 5th under the new scoring would have Been a 10-8.

My memory is fine considering I was there live for the fight. Aldo clearly won the first 3 and definitely won the fight but he was badly gassed by the end of the 3rd.

He could win 1 or 2 rounds again. But he did put up a fast pace vs Holloway and Aldo's gas tank has never been his strongest point - especially with his furious pace. I expect Holloway to wear him down and finish Aldo again - sadly.
Except his rematch with Edgar. That was the best conditioned Aldo I’ve seen.

I'm hoping he wins, but I certainly am not expecting him to win.

funny you should say that.. sherdog had it 48-47 for aldo. So how do you think they arrived at that score genius? Aldo dropped hominic the 4th but other than that hominic won the round. The 5th under the new scoring would have Been a 10-8.

My memory is fine considering I was there live for the fight. Aldo clearly won the first 3 and definitely won the fight but he was badly gassed by the end of the 3rd.

I'm not jumping in on the scoring, but if I am scoring a fight I would rather watch in on HDTV than be in the arena live.

I'm not jumping in on the scoring, but if I am scoring a fight I would rather watch in on HDTV than be in the arena live.

I happen to agree with you. I've been live twice at the Rogers centre because I get free access to the Scotia box and even though we were 20' from the cage we still ended up watching the screen, hard to see into the cage

First fight showed that it’s about as even of a matchup as it gets. Both guys were landing good shots and had each other in trouble at different moments. Max was able to land the better combo that knocked Aldo down and he was able to swarm him and finish with nasty gnp and made it look like a dominant win from there but the fight could have easily gone a different way.

I don’t see how anybody can be so confident in one winning over the other. Aldo was throwing some power right hands and knees that could’ve done major damage but Holloway was just able to slip them. Shocking that Aldo didn’t throw a single leg kick if I remember correctly. Holloway got confident when he figured out Aldo’s timing and Aldo was one dimensional with his strikes. Holloway was able to get in, land, avoid the counter and pop out. On the combo that dropped Aldo he threw a 1-2, stayed in the pocket instead of popping out all the way, avoided the counter and reloaded quickly with the 1-2 again. Brilliant stuff.

Aldo had so many chances to throw the leg kicks especially when Max was having success getting in and out.

If this fucking idiot doesn't throw a leg kick i'm going to lose my shit.

TS sounds

eL4DxSF.gif

Your post is shit and wrong, but this is kinda cool because i also saw the fight live in TO. Although its much harder to score live then watching on TV. Especially when its a Canadian fighting in Toronto

Also Sherdog scored round 4 for Aldo on all three judges. Not sure where you got that Sherdog scored it for Hominick.

TJ De Santis scores the round 10-9 Aldo
Chris Nelson scores the round 10-9 Aldo
Mike Whitman scores the round 10-9 Aldo

Thats the Sherdog round 4 scores

Also the official score cards had Aldo officially winning the 4th as well. Pretty much everyone had Aldo winning the 4th. Its FAR from being in "survival" mode lol

No.
You didn't see the fight.

Holloway by knockout. Again.

And lol at all the people thinking Aldo won round 1 and 2. You either never watched the fight or you were too drunk to understand anything.

Holloway dominated Aldo.
Don't be angry. I just think aldo possibly did better then most people remember. I'd still pick Max. But you never know.

Was winning every round till the eventual knockdown.
I need to rewatch it. Someone accused me of being drunk for merely suggesting the fight may not have been as one sided as people remember.

Back