Is anyone watching PFL?

HUGHPHUG

AL CAPS YO
@Gold
Reaction score
Is anyone actually watching PFL? I see all the Fedor threads but there is nowt I can find on PFL

First off, Vinny Magalhaes, god damn homie! Dude has turned into a beast
4 first round finishes, around 7 minutes fighting time, including taking care of Atajev like he was no threat at all.
beautiful sub over Rakim as well

Sean O'Connell, incredibly humble guy, keeps taking a beating but keeps on advancing.
Not sure about the 10-8 round to get him past the 1/4 finals, glad he got it but it did seem a little suspect given how much judges begrudge giving them out.
That said he lost the first round and really went for it in the second, definitely deserved to go through, just not on the judging criteria.

I'm still not sold on the 2 round 1/4 finals

Wade vs Schulte was fun, but man did he forget how to wrestle in that fight, seeing as that is what got him so far, very odd choice.

Looking forward to those two finals, NYE is gonna be a hoot

I started following them mid-way through the tournament. As a matter of fact I chose to watch the latest PFL over Bellator 208 this weekend as most of the fights on the latter didn't interest me. Yeah, Magalhaes is looking good I think he mentioned he's been on a new camp for the past 8 months and it seems to be working well for him. I also thought Wade won his fight with Schulte and it really surprised me that the judges gave it to Schulte despite the massive disparity in strikes landed between them. I can see why people keep saying PFL has a reputation for weirdness after that one.

I started following them mid-way through the tournament. As a matter of fact I chose to watch the latest PFL over Bellator 208 this weekend as most of the fights on the latter didn't interest me. Yeah, Magalhaes is looking good I think he mentioned he's been on a new camp for the past 8 months and it seems to be working well for him. I also thought Wade won his fight with Schulte and it really surprised me that the judges gave it to Schulte despite the massive disparity in strikes landed between them. I can see why people keep saying PFL has a reputation for weirdness after that one.
It's been a joy watching it the last few months, it replaces the Bellator of old for me that I miss so much.

I was surprised at the Wade result, but I guess a split decision is about right, really was a toss up.

I've been following it somewhat. The fights and tournament are great!!

Just wish they promoted themselves online better. Last time I tried to watch their weigh-ins, they had nothing on youtube and their facebook stream had no sound unless you registered. Why the hell are they intentionally trying to limit their audience like this? Just put your damn shit on youtube, and do it regularly.

I've been following it somewhat. The fights and tournament are great!!

Just wish they promoted themselves online better. Last time I tried to watch their weigh-ins, they had nothing on youtube and their facebook stream had no sound unless you registered. Why the hell are they intentionally trying to limit their audience like this? Just put your damn shit on youtube, and do it regularly.
Even now you can't find most of the content on Youtube from Saturday, Instagram has all of the action but what use is that?

I have to wait a good 12 hours and download it to watch the full event.

Even now you can't find most of the content on Youtube from Saturday, Instagram has all of the action but what use is that?

I have to wait a good 12 hours and download it to watch the full event.

They also remodeled their website and made it harder to navigate.

I watched the replay yesterday, I've been missing the thursday events (but watching the playoffs now)

LHW picture: Magalhaes is doing crazy things, I think he is gonna sub O Connell too, Lins would have been a decent opponent for him (still not sure why he is fighting at HW)

LW picture: Rashid is gonna smash Schulte, both Schulte and Wade have had weak performances IMO, weird brackets on that side.

2 rounds: I dont love it (judging fight as a whole -Pride style- would be better) but it makes some sense (I was actually thinking about it yesterday):
Judging criteria forces you to go for all in the 1st round, so that round SHOULD be exciting.
If you lose that round, you are now forced to end the fight (because if you win the second round 10-9 you are losing the fight anyways for the tiebreaker) so it SHOULD be exciting for that reason (guy who is losing should more aggresive)
There were a lot of fights who ended in decision + tiebreaker though, but the idea isn't bad

where can i watch the events? is there a mma site where i can rewatch recent events?? like ksw or PFL??

please somebody help

where can i watch the events? is there a mma site where i can rewatch recent events?? like ksw or PFL??

please somebody help

PFL Facebook has the replays of the most recent events.

I watched the replay yesterday, I've been missing the thursday events (but watching the playoffs now)

LHW picture: Magalhaes is doing crazy things, I think he is gonna sub O Connell too, Lins would have been a decent opponent for him (still not sure why he is fighting at HW)

LW picture: Rashid is gonna smash Schulte, both Schulte and Wade have had weak performances IMO, weird brackets on that side.

2 rounds: I dont love it (judging fight as a whole -Pride style- would be better) but it makes some sense (I was actually thinking about it yesterday):
Judging criteria forces you to go for all in the 1st round, so that round SHOULD be exciting.
If you lose that round, you are now forced to end the fight (because if you win the second round 10-9 you are losing the fight anyways for the tiebreaker) so it SHOULD be exciting for that reason (guy who is losing should more aggresive)
There were a lot of fights who ended in decision + tiebreaker though, but the idea isn't bad
Personally I prefer the mid/end of week schedule rather than Saturday shows

I don't see Schulte being much of a match for Rashid, they look like different weight classes, be interesting to see how much bigger he looks once in the cage.

The 2 rounds thing I'm split on, you have fights like Brooks/Rashid, Popo/Harrison, Siler/Malegarie that are never going to be resolved in 2 rounds.
But then like you say it should force the action from both guys in the first round and by one guy in the second (like O'Connell).
Just think they need something different than a round by round 10 point must system for those 2 round fights

Personally I prefer the mid/end of week schedule rather than Saturday shows

I don't see Schulte being much of a match for Rashid, they look like different weight classes, be interesting to see how much bigger he looks once in the cage.

The 2 rounds thing I'm split on, you have fights like Brooks/Rashid, Popo/Harrison, Siler/Malegarie that are never going to be resolved in 2 rounds.
But then like you say it should force the action from both guys in the first round and by one guy in the second (like O'Connell).
Just think they need something different than a round by round 10 point must system for those 2 round fights

Yeah no doubt, probably a third round as the tiebreaker, but we know AC won't allow them to do it.
I still don't know how WSOF could put that 8 man tournament where Foster fought seven 5-min rounds.

I am and Vinny looks like he's in his prime. His fights haven't gone long cause he's finishing everyone fast but I bet his cardio is better than ever. You can tell he's in really great shape by how little fat he's carrying on his face. I like that he's throwing more head kicks, it's not like he's worried about getting taken down and it's making him more dangerous.

I am and Vinny looks like he's in his prime. His fights haven't gone long cause he's finishing everyone fast but I bet his cardio is better than ever. You can tell he's in really great shape by how little fat he's carrying on his face. I like that he's throwing more head kicks, it's not like he's worried about getting taken down and it's making him more dangerous.
Vinny "TRT Vitor" Magalhaes surprised me the most during this whole season. Just looked Jon Jones-esque unbeatable.

I honestly hope Sean O'Connell somehow pulls it off.

Will be surprised if the tourney winners actually see $1mil.

Will be surprised if the tourney winners actually see $1mil.
User name checks out. It would be a huge scandal if they didn't get their money from the very well known businessmen and investors in PFL. No way they are not getting paid.

Vinny "TRT Vitor" Magalhaes surprised me the most during this whole season. Just looked Jon Jones-esque unbeatable.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy if he does win it. As amazing as Vinny has looked I have to route for Sean

I'm cool with it either way, both guys have been very entertaining and I would like to see either make a million.

4 first round finishes, around 7 minutes fighting time, including taking care of Atajev like he was no threat at all.

When Atajev started hammerfisting him I was like "oh shit here it comes!" but Vinny kept his BJJ going.

Wade vs Schulte was fun, but man did he forget how to wrestle in that fight, seeing as that is what got him so far, very odd choice.

Well, I think it was evident that Schulte was just to damn gassed in that fight to get his judo going efficiently. The 2-fights in one night deal really worked against his cardio.

really surprised me that the judges gave it to Schulte despite the massive disparity in strikes landed between them.

The takedown + RNC attempt probably won him the 2nd round. The strike disparity was massive but Wade seemed to be hitting a hell of a lot of forearms.

Why the hell are they intentionally trying to limit their audience like this?

Probably something the investors requested. They tend to do strange stuff like that. I suppose the value facebook viewers more than youtube views for their assessments.

(still not sure why he is fighting at HW)

Well it's clearly working for him! He's in the finals and I'm pretty sure most people give him a better chance of beating Copeland than Vinny.

both Schulte and Wade have had weak performances IMO, weird brackets on that side.

To be fair Schulte looked awesome in the play-offs.

Schulte is a judo guy but Rashid's balance in the clinch is excellent. His best chance might actually be just skipping the trips all-together and slap on the thai-clinch and go for those knees. Rashid had big problems in that position vs Benil Dariush, couldn't break it and kept exchanging dirty-boxing for knees with isn't really a winning strategy. So that might be something he could replicate (Rashid still being a massive favorite, of course).

Probably something the investors requested. They tend to do strange stuff like that. I suppose the value facebook viewers more than youtube views for their assessments.

I don't believe it. They would want people from other outlets to VISIT facebook and NBCSN to watch the actual fights.

This is because of incompetency, nothing else. Promoting the product on youtube also doesn't take away from FB when the FB audience is already limited because most people don't know about it. Better awareness helps viewership on both ends.

I appreciate the recap but nah I gave pfl a chance and I just aint feeling it

I'd rank it under the top two (ufc, Bellator) , after rizin and ksw.

Back