Is April 2024 the Worst Month ever for game releases?

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
  • Frogmonster -- April 2
  • Minishoot Adventures (PC) -- April 2
  • Deceit 2 (PS5, Xbox Series X|S) -- April 3
  • Freedom Planet 2 (PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch) -- April 4
  • Turbo Golf Racing (PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC) -- April 4
  • Biomorph (PC) -- April 5
  • Spirit City: Lofi Sessions (PC) -- April 8
  • Botany Manor (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PC) -- April 9
  • Children of the Sun (PC) -- April 9
  • Gigantic: Rampage Edition (PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch) -- April 9
  • House Flipper 2 (PS5, Xbox Series X|S) -- April 10
  • Inkbound (PC) -- April 10
  • Turbo Kid (PC) -- April 10
  • Slave Zero X (Switch)
  • Let's! Revolution! (PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch) -- April 11
  • Europa (PC) -- April 16
  • BioGun (PC) -- April 16
  • Kingsgrave (PC) -- April 16
  • Grounded (PS5, PS4, Switch) -- April 16
  • Planet of Lana (PS5, PS4, Switch) -- April 16
  • No Rest For The Wicked (PC early access) -- April 18
  • Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes (PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC) -- April 23
  • Lunar Lander: Beyond (PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PC) -- April 23
  • Tales of Kenzera: Zau (PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Switch, PC) -- April 23
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade: Wrath of the Mutants (PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PC) -- April 23
  • Another Crab's Treasure (Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PC) -- April 25
  • SaGa Emerald Beyond (PS5, PS4, Switch, PC, iOS, Android) -- April 25
  • Demon Slayer - Kimestsu no Yaiba - Sweep the Board! (Switch) -- April 26
  • Sand Land (PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PC) -- April 26
  • Stellar Blade (PS5) -- April 26
  • TopSpin 2K25 (PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch) -- April 26
  • Braid: Anniversary Edition (PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PC, iOS, Android) -- April 30
  • Sea of Thieves (PS5) -- April 30

I didn't see 1 game on this list that grabbed my attention.
90% of these games are made for children.

Troll thread but there’s plenty to be excited by. Stellar blade and FFXVI dlc are the highlights but I will also pick up freedom planet 2, sand land and another crabs treasure on sale at some point. No rest for the wicked looks good too but only early access

Troll thread but there’s plenty to be excited by. Stellar blade and FFXVI dlc are the highlights but I will also pick up freedom planet 2, sand land and another crabs treasure on sale at some point. No rest for the wicked looks good too but only early access

Yep all of this and I'll add in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes also.

I saw the Turtles game and got excited, but then I looked it up. Pretty disappointing

Can we not do this Heavies bullshit "worst ever" stuff? Keep that crap where it belongs. Complaining about the latest UFC card.

I saw the Turtles game and got excited, but then I looked it up. Pretty disappointing

Same.

Thought it was DLC for Shredder's Revenge.

Instead, its based off the Nickelodeon show.
Not interested in seeing the teenage turtles being molested and raped by producers.

Same.

Thought it was DLC for Shredder's Revenge.

Instead, its based off the Nickelodeon show.
Not interested in seeing the teenage turtles being molested and raped by producers.
They actually did come out with DLC for that already or did you think it was a second round of DLC?

I haven't played through my Steam backlog, so I don't care if April 2024 goes down as the worst month in gaming history for the rest of eternity. I/we will be fine untill the next best month shows up.

Yep all of this and I'll add in Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes also.
I'm really excited for that, should be a perfect Steam Deck title! Suikoden series is near and dear to me!

Konami is actually remastering 1 and 2 and some fan mod is in the works for a Suikoden 3 remaster too, good times

I'm kind of glad Stellar Blade isn't launching on PC right now, I have too many damn games to play lol

Fallout London comes out this month too, and likely the Fallout 4 remaster/special edition via shadowdrop. April is looking excellent!

I'm really excited for that, should be a perfect Steam Deck title! Suikoden series is near and dear to me!

I never got to play the series but heard nothing but good things about them. Always wanted to try them just never got around to it. I'm a huge JRPG fan though and I'm glad to get to at least try something from some of the same people who worked on the Suikoden series.

I never got to play the series but heard nothing but good things about them. Always wanted to try them just never got around to it. I'm a huge JRPG fan though and I'm glad to get to at least try something from some of the same people who worked on the Suikoden series.
I only played the first 3, as I think the main director left the series after the 3rd game. I liked the 2nd and 3rd best, but the battles in the 3rd were a bit of a slog.

They're very much in line with all the goats from the PS1/PS2 era quality wise, crazier/epic battles though, which sets it apart. I know you're a big fellow JRPG fan too, so I highly recommend getting the remasters of the first two whenever Konami releases them, should be soon.

I'm not sure how much of the OG team is back for Hundred Heroes, but the OG director and illustrator/co-director are back in charge at least, so that's promising.

I only played the first 3, as I think the main director left the series after the 3rd game. I liked the 2nd and 3rd best, but the battles in the 3rd were a bit of a slog.

They're very much in line with all the goats from the PS1/PS2 era quality wise, crazier/epic battles though, which sets it apart. I know you're a big fellow JRPG fan too, so I highly recommend getting the remasters of the first two whenever Konami releases them, should be soon.

I'm not sure how much of the OG team is back for Hundred Heroes, but the OG director and illustrator/co-director are back in charge at least, so that's promising.

Yea I'm going to look into those remasters when they come out. Didn't know they were doing that also. I think the writer (who passed?) also worked on this game as well.

Yea I'm going to look into those remasters when they come out. Didn't know they were doing that also. I think the writer (who passed?) also worked on this game as well.
I didn't know the main writer passed away. I always thought the main writer was the co-director/designer/artist (Junko Kawano) that oversaw the series the main director left after 3. Man they all wore lot of hats back then! That's sad he's gone, but I'm glad he got to work on this! I love his stories, especially in 2.

The first JRPG that really kicked things off for me was FF7. There were so many bangers on the PS1. I think I played Suikoden 2 after FF8 or Xenogears. I'm not sure how old you were then, but you could easily burn/copy games on a CD rom. It was a great time period to have no responsibilities lol

Last edited:
There’s another game coming out this month too not listed here. For those who like big mechs you might be interested

Worst month ever?????????

EVER???

<Dany07>

So dramatic heh?

Did you play the first one? Eiyuden is on a deep sale right now. Thinking about picking it up.

Apparently that's some sort of spin off that isn't very good. I don't know why they released that. Just kind of a bad first impression for a game with a lot of hype.

Worst month ever?????????

EVER???

<Dany07>

So dramatic heh?
Obviously a troll since he just abandoned the thread. It’s honestly a really good month. 2023 and 2024 have been crazy. I think the only legit criticism is that western developers aren’t really showing up that much this year. The big one is like Star Wars later this year but can’t think of much else.

Back