Is Bellator TRYING to get the lowest ratings possible?

CatchnShoot

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I love Bellator, but what the fuck are they doing? If you thought Fedor vs Mir couldn’t draw flies, I can not wait to see the results for this next card.

Instead of going up against a pretty crap Showtime boxing card on their regular Friday slot, it’s another Saturday show going up against a UFC card, and two really decent Boxing cards in Lomachenko vs Linares and the Sadam Ali card on HBO.

This one is going to make the CMT numbers look decent. Absolutely ridiculously stupid.

Call me crazy but I'll be watching Bellator<{cum@me}>

I'm more interested in the Heavyweight Grand Prix than Nunes vs Pennington. Hell, I forgot about Nunes vs Pennington until I saw this thread.

King Mo or Ryan Bader will be an interesting fight for Matt Mitrione. Also, Aaron Pico, Daley, and the SMALL chance of Kongo getting his lights turned out.

(But not like in a "I hope Kongo gets CTE" kind of way. More like the "I hope Kongo is fine afterwards" kind of way)

Last edited:
It will do slightly better than typical Bellator ratings and that is about it.

Really not sure why this card isn't on Friday night. I really don't get them switching around nights hear and there. They surely aren't trying to avoid anything. I'm sure if you ask Coker his response will be..............well that is when the arena was open nothing more. But its that way thinking that puts Bellator where they are at right now. In other words why try to plan anything out long term.

I'm more interested in the Heavyweight Grand Prix than Nunes vs Pennington. Hell, I forgot about Nunes vs Pennington until I saw this thread.

King Mo or Ryan Bader will be an interesting fight for Matt Mitrione. Also, Aaron Pico, Daley, and the SMALL chance of Kongo getting his lights turned out.
The last time I was this exited about something in MMA, was the last time Scott Coker organised a HWGP.

Lomachenko and Bellator for me on Saturday. Will find Kelvin vs Jacare sometime on Sunday.

Def a bad night for them, you have UFC PPV, not a great one but its still a card thats gonna have over 700k watching prelims, you have ESPN with Loma which will have 700k to 1 mill watching and then NHL and NBA playoffs.

Think this is gonna be another sub 600k Bellator card for sure.

If you think this is bad, wait until the cards headlined by wmma come up in the summer. We’re talking like 60k viewers prob.

I prefer Bellator than the upcoming UFC card, but nothing can top the Lomachenko Linares fight.

Def a bad night for them, you have UFC PPV, not a great one but its still a card thats gonna have over 700k watching prelims, you have ESPN with Loma which will have 700k to 1 mill watching and then NHL and NBA playoffs.

Think this is gonna be another sub 600k Bellator card for sure.

No NBA playoffs this Saturday but the rest of the post looks accurate to me. PPVs should be glad Golden State vs Houston Rockets avoided landing on the same night as the ratings for that series should be very high.

Last edited:
I'm more interested in the Heavyweight Grand Prix than Nunes vs Pennington. Hell, I forgot about Nunes vs Pennington until I saw this thread."
====================================

I am not much interest in Bellator's matches. Nor should Nunes vs Pennington be the UFC headliner.
want to watch .. sorry for me Bellator's card not worth the time.
-Ronaldo 'Jacare' Souza 25 - 5 - 0 vs Kelvin Gastelum 14 - 3 - 0
-Mackenzie Dern 6 - 0 - 0 vs Amanda Bobby 'ABC' Cooper 3 - 3 - 0
-John 'Hands of Stone' Lineker 30 - 8 - 0 vs Brian 'Boom' Kelleher 19 - 8 - 0
-Vitor 'The Phenom' Belfort 26 - 13 - 0 vs Lyoto 'The Dragon' Machida 23 - 8 - 0
-Cezar 'Mutante' Ferreira 12 - 6 - 0 vs Karl 'Baby K' Roberson 6 - 0 - 0
-Alexey 'The Boa Constrictor' Oleynik 55 - 11 - 1 vs Junior 'Baby' Albini 14 - 3 - 0
-Davi 'The Tasmanian Devil' Ramos 7 - 2 - 0 vs Nick 'Sergeant' Hein 14 - 2 - 0
-Elizeu 'Capoeira' Zaleski dos Santos 18 - 5 - 0 vs Sean 'Tarzan' Strickland 19 - 2 - 0
-Warlley Alves 11 - 2 - 0 vs Sultan Aliev 14 - 2 - 0
-Thales Leites 27 - 8 - 0 vs Jack 'The Joker' Hermansson 16 - 4 - 0
-Alberto 'Soldier of God' Mina 13 - 0 - 0 vs Ramazan Emeev 16 - 3 - 0

These for me beat Bellator's card.

The small bellator card has Paul Daley who is great standup fighter but loses to good ground game.
And Ryan Bader should win over King Lawal unless Ryan don't take him seriously. So I can't take the card seriously.

Bader vs MO is just way better than Nunes vs Penington IMO... aside of Jacare vs Gastelum im not really hyped about the UFC this weekend

I can understand that. If we factor in the prelims, Bellator's are usually ungodly starved of talent.

I do like the Kevin/Souza and Machida/Belfort match-ups, that's really it. Not sure about the Lesbian World Championship fight. Rocky Pennington can be boring as fuck. I'm not too emotionally invested in Amanda Nunes.

Usually, I don't ever pick a Bellator card over a UFC PPV card. This is not one of those times for me.

Bader vs MO is just way better than Nunes vs Penington IMO... aside of Jacare vs Gastelum im not really hyped about the UFC this weekend
I don't see how fight wise it is honestly. Both Nunes and Pennington come to scrap. Bader vs Mo feels like it could be another dreadful Bader vs Davis type fight to me .

not paying for that UFC card, so I'll be watching the Bellator card.

But yeah, this rating is going to suck.

I’m happy that there is this much combat sports to go around. I’m watching Lomachenko, taping Bellator, and skipping UFC.

Normally I'd agree, but this time I'd rather watch Bellator.

Bellator show rocks UFC show sucks.

Back