Is Bobby Lashley Done With MMA?

I think he might few more times against weaker competition but he won’t become a contender for bellator

Who really cares about Lashley he's been ducking Cheick Kongo and the boys in Bellator for a grip and has fought the bottom of the barrel in terms of who they've had to offer

He's rumoured to be returning to WWE after being with the smaller organization TNA.

Predicted for Wrestlemania or just after. So around April.

They probably won't let him do both. They let Lesnar do it once but it was a weird out of contract thing. Before that they didn't let Lesnar do both.
TNA let him do both but they're contracts are different and some of his early fights were before signing with TNA.

i doubt it. hes going back to WWE this year where they wont let him do both obviously. i think he enjoyed just fighting on the side for $$$$$ beating up cans. after he tasted defeat in strikeforce i think he came to his senses that he didn't wanna go "all in" on MMA and try to be a champ in an org somewhere.

A while back Lashley said he was working his way down to 205 pounds. I thought this was a very good idea and could see him become a much better fighter. However, I think he just makes too much money off his physique and its a hell of a lot easier than fighting savages in a cage. Cant really blame him.

He's 41 so I wouldn't expect much more from him. He was pretty much a can crusher but there's nothing wrong with that.

No way lashley gets to 205 lmfao guy would have to lose tons of muscle.The thing with lashley is he says he wants to fight guys like fedor but only wants to fight around his wrestling schedule which is why he wasn't invited in the GP.

I've enjoyed watching his progression and if he actually went full time training he would a been a serious killer but you can't half ass mma especially at his age.

Id like to see him be Jake hagers first opponent in Bellator.

Lashley is ready for 205. pic:

636524936205116641-AP18025737794953.jpg

Bobby Lashley was never serious about mma. He only wanted to make some extra bucks on the side while he did wrestling. That’s why he only faced cans and never took a step up in competition. He’s a good fighter but cross him off as someone who is serious about being a top fighter. Just like that new guy Bellator signed too. He’s just looking to do wrestling with mma on the side for extra cash. Nothing wrong with that but just don’t get your hopes up.

by all accounts, he is starting with WWE right after WrestleMania, and I can't see WWE letting him have the Brock Lesnar treatment and do even a single MMA fight while under contract to them.

It's more interesting speculating when Jack Swagger is going to have his first MMA bout, rather than Lashley's next.

If Lashley was not already famous, nobody would be yelling about his career in MMA. If he was 25 years old, with his record, he would be considered a good prospect. 15 mostly dominant wins against tough lower level competition, with the only losses coming from a bizarre refs decision, standing Bobby up when he was in mount position, and a biased judges decision which he avenged.

It would be now that he would turn the corner, and step aboard the UFC/Bellator hype train, and get an old out of prime fighter to make his name with. Trouble with that is Lashley is in his 40's, already got a rewarding career in Pro Wrestling, and has his attention in his gym and management company. There is not a fighter who would not entertain leaving MMA if he had something significant to replace it . Its not a top tier profession, rewards or status wise.

If he cared, it would be a great opportunity now for one more fight, this time with a name. If he wins that, he is solid as a fighter. People could do the "what ifs", if he had started in his 20's, but without that they can't. If he gets back in the WWE, a fight like that could then be profitable.

Back