Is Cain Velasquez injured or lazy?

brainwash

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This guy has 1 fight every 2 years. Look at his instagram posts, all he does is hang out. Where are the training pictures? Why isn't this man in the gym?

Cain Velasquez in my opinion is the definition of a guy that does excellent work, but that's if you can get him to show up. He only does good when he is periodically motivated. He could have been the greatest, but his lack of focus keeps him from being up there.

1 fight every 2 years? There have been guys that have come back from worst injuries much sooner. This man has no longevity. He is the heavyweight BJ Penn.

Definitely lazy. That's why he gassed against Werdum - too lazy to go train and acclimate in Mexico City, despite his coaches urging him to do so. Which is more than a little ironic considering how proud he claims to be of his Mexican heritage.

Definitely lazy. That's why he gassed against Werdum - too lazy to go train and acclimate in Mexico City, despite his coaches urging him to do so. Which is more than a little ironic considering how proud he claims to be of his Mexican heritage.
And Gastelum too....

Pattern?

And Gastelum too....

Pattern?

And I myself am a half Mexican bum who had to go to jail for failing to pay child support. If it weren't for Jordan Peterson I would still be living in a storage unit.

Coincidence? I think not!

Can't train hard anymore without getting hurt. All that Iron Sharpens Iron BS his camp spewed for years, cost him his career.

I took a semester of Psychology 101 at a community college, so I’m extremely qualified to speak on this topic.

I think he is a guy that had unlimited potential, and now with injuries, he’s seeing his opportunities dry up and he is facing the fact that he is, for all intents and purposes, done fighting.

I think he is paralyzed by these facts, and is stuck in a rut. I’m bummed for him

Cain doesn't get paid if he's not fighting, there's no discussion here.
Basing an opinion on Instagram posts.... the TS should be a journalist.

Can't train hard anymore without getting hurt. All that Iron Sharpens Iron BS his camp spewed for years, cost him his career.
I don't think he's hurt though. If he is, he seems to be simply too complacent to put the hard work into physical therapy to get back in fighting condition.

The man has fizzled out. He isn't even trying.

I wonder how this guy gets paid. I mean, I can't imagine sponsors are knocking down his door. He's kind of a professional training partner for his peers in between surgeries.

Cain has gotta have a day job.

Too many injures have made him lazy. Go figure.

Well he is Mexican

giphy.gif

He has been injured cuz he trains way too hard but At least cain fought once in the past 2 years, but connor lol what's his fucking excuse

Cain definitely didn't turn out to be the heavyweight GOAT that many thought that he would be. His lack of activity certainly kept him from achieving more success, but it also kept him from more failure as well.

Looking at his Instagram it looks like he’s enjoying time with his family. He’s climbed the mountain and got the gold belt. He owes us nothing.

My guess is that he is making about the same money trading on his name recognition.

Paying for a 3-4 month training camp is probably not cost effective when he could spend those same 3-4 months getting paid to train others or do appearances.

When you consider that he may train for a few months and still have the fight cancelled at the last minute and not get fully paid for it there is even more incentive for him not to fight and instead focus on more guaranteed forms of income.

Back