Is Canelo the Definitive Face of Boxing?

Canelo is a drug cheat and has been gifted 2 fights vs ggg.. Mexicans don’t even really like him from what I’ve seen and heard lol. There isn’t really a face for boxing right now tbh .. very interesting ... Loma he ko I believe could be very soon though
So ridiculous. Canelo has been involved in a majority of the highest grossing fights ever.

The not speaking English thing really hurts him, its kinda similar to Aldo, he could have been so much bigger during his long title reign but because he can't talk to fans and media here its a huge setback.

That being said he is still a huge megastar in boxing and has a huge fanbase. Joshua will probably become the biggest megastar in boxing if he keeps winning and fights in America in future fights. The guy is a gentleman and pure class and speaks so well, I can see him being beyond huge

he can be if he fights true contenders like floyd mayweather did and prove time and time again he is the best but a 3rd fight with golovkin has to happen. to complete the trilogy just cements it in history especially if he wins the 3rd fight.

Definition of "get the nod" in a close or not so close fight if he's in vegas.

He's not american and thats why he will never be the face of boxing. Americans control boxing, and the face of boxing will ever be an american fighter. The candidates can be Spence jr, Terence Crawford, Keith Thurman, or whatever next american boxer cames. Lomachenko, he's an eastern european person, and thats the most hated persons in America, he will never suceed in being popular in the Unitated States and thats where he fights. The real face of boxing right now is Joshua, and he fights always in Europe.
Also Mayweather damaged too much boxing to be recover in short time, it will have to take long time to heal before we talk about next "face" of boxing.

Canelo draws lot of mexican and latinamerican people of the United States, but real americans think mexicans are second level people, so his chances are very slim.

Both numbers and achievements say he is the face of boxing in a transition era. Winner of Wilder - Joshua may put up a fight.

Im truly taken back by the amount of people trying to write off and downplay Canelo’s popularity in this thread.

How many top selling PPVs and live gates does he need to headline before you take your heads out of the sand?

Definition of "get the nod" in a close or not so close fight if he's in vegas.
So enjoying this
QTsmhMa982zRdBXUfZHa186s1XefcYDG0QDzEURsPH-KHjElPRor-fH6CPca_SLDGYiDIkCPMqvwF_MmHC6lobbKeXNLULdqEHSOzJKFUFaV-hlFoFf9JA=w400-h288-nc

Ty. GOATnelo

I'm not sure there is a definitive face right now. In the Americas its Canelo, in the UK and most of Europe its Joshua, in the Philippines its Manny, In Ukraine its Loma etc etc. Boxing is pretty regional and there isnt one big Mayweather, Ali etc type figure around now who you can say is hands down THE guy imo.

He's not american and thats why he will never be the face of boxing. Americans control boxing, and the face of boxing will ever be an american fighter. The candidates can be Spence jr, Terence Crawford, Keith Thurman, or whatever next american boxer cames. Lomachenko, he's an eastern european person, and thats the most hated persons in America, he will never suceed in being popular in the Unitated States and thats where he fights. The real face of boxing right now is Joshua, and he fights always in Europe.
Also Mayweather damaged too much boxing to be recover in short time, it will have to take long time to heal before we talk about next "face" of boxing.

How do you think Floyd damaged boxing? The McGregor fight?

Im truly taken back by the amount of people trying to write off and downplay Canelo’s popularity in this thread.

How many top selling PPVs and live gates does he need to headline before you take your heads out of the sand?

Agreed, I think Canelo will be the "it guy" in boxing. If not, then he is definitely the closest.

Floyd generates top PPV sells. However, he does need another fighter to really bring the crowd in. I think he even mentioned being happy to have an opponent such as McGregor who brings his own fanbase. Each top PPV included a fighter opposite of Floyd who had a backing. Oscar, Conor, Manny, Canelo.

I was saying Canelo was going to be the new face of boxing once Floyd leaves back when they fought. The first time I saw him, and the crowd's reaction I knew he was going to be a global star.

Most in Europe think of Canelo as the guy who lost twice to Golovkin but got two dodgy decisions work his way, lost to Mayweather embarrassingly and beat up a chinny lighter fighter who's not as good as the elite in Khan...

He's only really big over the pond cos you guys have no one to cheer and have big racial issues...
Over in Europe
AJ is the superstar with Ussyk exploding all of a sudden.

Most in Europe think of Canelo as the guy who lost twice to Golovkin but got two dodgy decisions work his way, lost to Mayweather embarrassingly and beat up a chinny lighter fighter who's not as good as the elite in Khan...

He's only really big over the pond cos you guys have no one to cheer and have big racial issues...
Over in Europe
AJ is the superstar with Ussyk exploding all of a sudden.

Why would Anthony Joshua vs. Deontay Wilder is "100 percent happening" but has suffered delay partly due to the announcement of Gennady Golovkin vs. Canelo Alvarez, according to promoter Eddie Hearn

f9rp42q.jpg

This seems to directly say the opposite, Seems like Canelo is on a huge upswing Worldwide.

This correct what you are saying "Most in Europe think of Canelo as the guy who lost twice to Golovkin"

That is interesting have a link or some kind of proof?

Why would Anthony Joshua vs. Deontay Wilder is "100 percent happening" but has suffered delay partly due to the announcement of Gennady Golovkin vs. Canelo Alvarez, according to promoter Eddie Hearn

f9rp42q.jpg

This seems to directly say the opposite, Seems like Canelo is on a huge upswing Worldwide.

This correct what you are saying "Most in Europe think of Canelo as the guy who lost twice to Golovkin"

That is interesting have a link or some kind of proof?

Despite the construction of this message hurting my eyes, I'm gone a reply :
Cos of his DAZN launch and having absolutely no reason to go head to head when a year is twelve months long, sorry you're too stupid to understand the importance of that.

Spence isnt the face of boxing and isn't as big a draw as non-Americans, same for Terence Crawford, same for Andre Ward. Ward vs Kovalev 1 and 2 did not sell anywhere near as well as other bigger stars. So... youre wrong.

Despite the construction of this message hurting my eyes, I'm gone a reply :
Cos of his DAZN launch and having absolutely no reason to go head to head when a year is twelve months long, sorry you're too stupid to understand the importance of that.
Great can you explain the google trends in favor of Canelo WORLDWIDE and proof of what you said "Most in Europe think of Canelo as the guy who lost twice to Golovkin"

Back