Is Chester Bennington the best vocalist screamer?

Is Chester Bennington the best vocalist screamer?

• Total voters
No. That would be Mike Patton.

Bonus points for also being able to sing fucking opera.

Kyo from Dir En Grey gets an honorable mention.

He's close, but since he can't seem to keep from constantly damaging his voice, I have to give it to Patton.

Just saw this

I wonder how David Coverdale would do against the top screaming vocalists? Dude had crazy range.

Range has little to do with ability to scream. Coverdale is an awesome singer, love his work, but he does not belong in the discussion, as well as Rob Halford who was mentioned a couple times before. He does cool stuff, but that is different to splitting screams Chester did.

Honorable mentions for people able to produce inhuman screams and growls.

Range has little to do with ability to scream. Coverdale is an awesome singer, love his work, but he does not belong in the discussion, as well as Rob Halford who was mentioned a couple times before. He does cool stuff, but that is different to splitting screams Chester did.

How do you know Coverdale couldn't go even further with it? His range was so good that it wouldn't surprise me if he could go toe to toe with some of the best metal screamers. I don't know if that song is the extent of his screaming range or if he had it dialed back to not get too crazy on that song.

Chino moreno is #1

Holy shit John Garcia reference. You are my new best friend.

Edit: oops I am thinking of Vista Chino. Well John Garcia is dope anyways. Also, from Unida and Kyuss aka Sons of Kyuss.

Shout out to Eddie Berg from Imminence too. Great vocalist.

His cleans are just as good.

Phil shows great range here and the scream at the end is fuckin tremendous.

This is OTEP, and theres no chick that can touch her.

Back