Is CM Punk officially the worst fighter to step foot in the octagon?

If you had a time machine, he may have beat some early UFC guys with his BJJ and chin(which is decent), but it is very close. Those jabronis were still bar fighters, tough guys, tho they did not understand BJJ at all. He is certainly the worst athlete tho.

OP may have forgotten this guy exists.

712rg1.jpg

Then again, I'd pay to see Prime Harold Howard and CM Punk in the ring. Just imagine the skills at work.

Actually won his debut though.

My pick would be Ranger Stott and his pro wrestling foot stomps punches.

Yeah, it was bad to see.

And he didn't improve shit on the meantime.

Dude was just not cut for it.

Kalib Starnes was the worst performance inside the octagon ever. Not even close. At least everyone else tried to actually fight.

lz1gn.jpg

That fight is actually a huge misremembering. Kalib wasn't exactly there to go to war but only the last two minutes or so was him straight up backing away (from a guy who literally has no idea how to cut the cage). The other two and a half rounds he was just sticking and moving and being a little timid. Nothing out of the ordinary.

No comparison to the trash performances of punk.

Cindy Dandois. Good friend of Miesha Tate.... which.....might have been influential in Dandois getting into the UFC (very briefly).
Ya, that's her. All due respect to her for her accomplishments and having the courage to putherself out there for possible public failure. But, she's embarrassingly bad.

That fight is actually a huge misremembering. Kalib wasn't exactly there to go to war but only the last two minutes or so was him straight up backing away (from a guy who literally has no idea how to cut the cage). The other two and a half rounds he was just sticking and moving and being a little timid. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Apparently Starnes did this as some sort of "stand" against the way UFC treated there fighters.

Apparently Starnes did this as some sort of "stand" against the way UFC treated there fighters.

I don't know about that, i remember him saying something about he ran away at the end because the UFC didn't pay him enough to get knocked out, and considering the time period he may have had a point. Don't get me wrong it's kind of lame to run away like that, but it wasn't the whole fight like a lot of people seem to remember, just the last two mins or so.

Kalib broke his foot in the very beginning of that fight.

Quarry and starnes are actually very respectable fighters and would both starch punk with ease.

People should their bullshit facts straight before spewing garbage.

Kalib Starnes was the worst performance inside the octagon ever. Not even close. At least everyone else tried to actually fight.

lz1gn.jpg

Kalib broke his foot in the very beginning of that fight. Both nate quarry and starnes would destroy punk. Your casual is showing.

Yes. Zero natural athleticism. Zero. There are half a dozen kids on the Junior High football team I coach that are 10 times the athlete he is.
That's why he choose pro wrestling and not a real sport. He didn't even play pee wee sports as a kid and didn't play anything in high school. He's an actor and a stuntman. That's it. Learning to do a flying elbow off the top rope onto an outside table does take some skill but it's something almost anybody can learn. Being a legit athlete is a totally different animal. You literally have another human competing against you, whether it's tennis, basketball, football etc. Combat sports is the ultimate man vs man sport. In other sports like hockey at least you have a team!!!

I didn't like the UFC signing him at all, but I was willing to give him a fair chance. I wasn't expecting much, but the first time I saw him train I knew the guy was going to be awful. Even worse than I imagined, because I couldn't imagine someone signing up for a professional sport, especially fighting - having to know they were that uncoordinated. Like the slowest guy in school uncoordinated.

People were trying to tell me he's still new to the sport - no shit. That doesn't change the fact the guy was as nonathletic as they come. You may need a guy to train for 2 years to tell if they can make it big, but you don't need them to train for 2 years to tell that they aren't. CM Punk was that case and I'll always hold Doufusport accountable for the crimes they committed in this ordeal.

Back