Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Here's criterion for Sportova
  1. Time limit
  2. Physical task
So in competetive eating, which is prolly for healthy contestant either
  1. Consume a certain large amount in time period
  2. In a limit time period and against other competitors are judged by how much they can put down
These guys have a training regiment. It includes regular blood work and stretching stomach gradually.

Is this a sport you guys?

Sure, it's somewhat facinating and grosse but I say no. I think sport requires some technical aspect that is difficult to achive... ie- someone ice skating or shooting in bball. But then marathons aren't a sport either cuz its just building endurance.

Sure, whatever you want.

C9B8958C-B460-4F3D-A8F3-60E9B46DDB77_zpsh2rs4puh.jpeg

it's more physically demanding than a lot of the shit on espn 3 so yes.

You can say professional movie watcher is a sport because you go to the gym. Need to strengthen that lower back and glutes

No. Just like the spelling bee, darts, bowling, nascar, golf, body building are not sports either.

sport
spôrt/
noun
  1. 1.
    an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

i would say missing the skill part. actually and the physical exertion.

My criteria for a sport has always been:
1. Physically demanding enough to at least break into sweat
2. Has a reasonable risk of injury

So that way shit like chess and card games are excluded. But competitive eating I guess does fulfill those criteria..

No. I actually find it disgusting. I'm going to be "that guy", but it's hard to look at it with glee, knowing that food is a scarce resource for a lot of people.

If people are claiming that gaming is a sport, then anything can be a sport. Literally anything.

Sport no contest.

Sorry, punctuation matters.

Sport? No, contest.

No question. Joey Chestnut is this generation's Michael Jordan. Kobayashi is the Japanese Mamba.

No. Just like the spelling bee, darts, bowling, nascar, golf, body building are not sports either.
I generally agree, but disagree a bit when it comes to darts, bowling, and golf.
But, I guess it depends on how you define a sport. Is a sport only a sport when you're directly playing against someone else in a head to head match?

No. Stuffing your face does not count as an athletic event.

Back