Is Competitive Eating a Sport?

No. Just like the spelling bee, darts, bowling, nascar, golf, body building are not sports either.

Sports isn't just about physical exertion. It's also about strategy, technique, getting the right angles, right strokes, right thrusts and the right amount of force. Like sex.

Tennis isn't just about strength, speed and endurance, you need strategy, feints and knowing how and where to swing the racquet to get the perfect spin on the ball.

I'd definitely consider darts, bowling and golf sports. They just require more precision techniques than physical strength.

If the definitions of racism, bullying, misogyny, etc can change randomly over the years then sure... why not "sport"?

I always laugh at the people that get their panties in a bunch about golf being a sport. They always talk about the "physical exertion" not being met. Newsflash - you burn a lot more calories in a round of golf than most traditional sports.

Only reason why I have a slight interest in competitive eating is of Raina Huang. The amount she eats is disgusting, and the pace is gross.

If people wanna make this into a sport I wouldn’t agree, but then again, darts is considered a sport and so is billiards.....

Back