Is Conor Anthony McGregor fast?

He's quick in short bursts, very snappy. He's not a fast person overall. This is probably why you characterize him as 'deceptively' fast.

His hands seem spring loaded on the counter

He's fast enough for his style, he relies more on accuracy, reach and timing.

This kinda puzzles me because if you look at his movements they don't seem that fast, but then sometimes you have to watch wtf happened in slow-mo because it happened so fast (especially with Aldo and when he dropped Alvarez the first time), he's like deceptively fast or something. Is it just great timing that gives that illusion? or like his hands are fast but not his movements? wtf am I saying? I dunno but it's weird.
Like if I watch The Menace fight I can tell right away that he's fast, but with McGregor it isn't obvious that he's fast, am I making sense?

tenor.gif

Conor has fast feet and lures you into premeditated scenarios in which he knows what's he's going to do, so everything is non-cognitive and that much faster.

I watched a stream of the mayweather fight and Ray Leonard comments on how fast his feet are. As in surprised how good his footwork is.

He has great positioning, timing and reflexes. His handspeed isn’t that impressive. But his other attributes allow him to appear faster than he is.

It’s like when Marquez fought Pacquiao all those times. He was able to beat Pac to the punch many times because of positioning, and timing. But Pac has much faster actual handspeed.

Unless he's your son, it's super weird to be calling him by his full name like that. Get some help.

Conor has fast feet and lures you into premeditated scenarios in which he knows what's he's going to do, so everything is non-cognitive and that much faster.

I watched a stream of the mayweather fight and Ray Leonard comments on how fast his feet are. As in surprised how good his footwork is.

Can you be premeditated and non-cognitive in the same scenario bro?

Although I think I know what your saying... He polishes his possible combinations so that his decision making flows more quickly than most.

dude is a gifted striker.

He's great at lulling guys in to a certain rhythm and then breaking cadence and altering his rhythm. This is basic boxing stuff, but most MMA fighters learned boxing at Teh UFC Gymz from a quiet little hillbilly from the back arse of no where. This is why even great MMA boxers, like Nick Diaz, get crushed by low-mid level boxers, while Conor can atleast hold his own against guys like Paulie (by Paulie's own admission).

Last edited:
By MMA standards he's fast as hell. Let's give credit where it's due.

He is very fast.

Who has faster hands at LW?

Back