Is Conor Anthony McGregor fast?

It’s a good thing you said MMA....

akkf9sc7ys1p2clzg.jpg

Love watching the difference in footwork between the two.

This kinda puzzles me because if you look at his movements they don't seem that fast, but then sometimes you have to watch wtf happened in slow-mo because it happened so fast (especially with Aldo and when he dropped Alvarez the first time), he's like deceptively fast or something. Is it just great timing that gives that illusion? or like his hands are fast but not his movements? wtf am I saying? I dunno but it's weird.
Like if I watch The Menace fight I can tell right away that he's fast, but with McGregor it isn't obvious that he's fast, am I making sense?

Conor routinely changes speed. His footwork isn't as good outside of MMA, so that is what you are considering when it's not always as smooth, quick, and seamless.

A lot of people think he gasses because he puts everything in every punch but that isn't true. There's a variety of reasons that probably all can be combined as the reason to his poor cardio. Willingness to take too many hits, volume output and intensity, inflated size and muscles over the past few years, maybe a lack of natural cardio to some extent, and probably a lack of proper cardio training.

Can you be premeditated and non-cognitive in the same scenario bro?

Although I think I know what your saying... He polishes his possible combinations so that his decision making flows more quickly than most.

dude is a gifted striker.

Yeah one follows the other. It's like i really know how to drive a car, a boat and a plane not so much, so i premeditate that it's a car i'll be driving, then i can do that non-cognitively.

or if he switched orthodox and boxed a southpaw i reckon he wouldn't look/be as fast when pulling out the way of the jab and throwing a counter right.

Floyd makes everyone's footwork look awful. He is the greatest of all time in that regard. There is no shame in that coming from an MMA fighter, nice try!

Easy there sister, no need to be so insecure and defensive.

Yeah that gif alone shows the difference in IQ, discipline, footwork, reaction time and speed between the two. Lol

Not really, if i was setting up an experiment to test "IQ,Discipline,Reaction Time and Speed" between two people, I wouldn't run a copy of that and then record the data and try and print it in a peer-reviewed journal.

In fact thinking about someone doing that is pretty amusing.

This kinda puzzles me because if you look at his movements they don't seem that fast, but then sometimes you have to watch wtf happened in slow-mo because it happened so fast (especially with Aldo and when he dropped Alvarez the first time), he's like deceptively fast or something. Is it just great timing that gives that illusion? or like his hands are fast but not his movements? wtf am I saying? I dunno but it's weird.
Like if I watch The Menace fight I can tell right away that he's fast, but with McGregor it isn't obvious that he's fast, am I making sense?
Watch the slomo side angle of the last combo he landed on Alverez, its all you need to see to understand.

Easy there sister, no need to be so insecure and defensive.

Insecure and defensive? I was simply debunking your ridiculous insinuations with facts. You're the only that's clearly insecure and defensive trying to base insults off that. Sad!

fuck off with the conner threads....

In terms of hand/kicking speed? I'd say guys like MJ and Edson (with his kicks) are faster. In terms of timing and precision? He's at the top.

Conor is very fast for his frame IMO (for those first 8 mins anyway).

What you're picking up on is how he 'puts the opponent to sleep' with slower movements, off-speed strikes, then accelerates. This is especially effective because his reach and low stance extend his range beyond what his opponents understand it to be.

No training required

He's a C level athlete and I'm a sherdog brown belt. He doesn't stand a chance

Training for martial arts is very demanding and not particularly rewarding unless you're part of a small handful across the world.

Conor is slow. Don't mistake the delayed reaction of D-level MMA athletes trick you into Conor being fast.

A-level athlete Floyd put this to rest.

A-Level Floyd gets wrecked by any B-level MMA fighter in the game. Just drop him on his head..

he's not insanely fast, he's just pretty fast. theres maybe only 2 or 3 guys who are faster at LW though.

his counters/reflexes however are stupid fast, like levels above anyone 145 and higher.

Last edited:
Back