Is Conor bigger in Brazil than Jose?

Gearc10

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
With Jose recently saying he's the biggest MMA name in Brazil over Ando and Showgun etc..

Well I'm pretty sure he's not.

Maybe at one point he was. As of now not anymore.

There is only one King of Brazil son.

usa_today_10116448.0.jpg

anderson silva is way bigger....when i talk to people that have pretty much 0 knowledge about mma...the only thing they say is: what about anderson silva?

aldo was unluck....they promoted him quite a lot in general media about the fights against max...and the results diminished his status for casuals or general public

and unless u are a hardcore casual (if it is possible) nobody have a clue about who conor is

Due to different microorganisms in the water and food his stomach would likely be upset giving him diarrhea... which could potentially make him samller

Cyborg is the king of Brazil

Aldo is pretty well-known in Brazil.
He's friends with lots of A-list Brazilian celebrities, and is given a lot of publicity in Globo (the biggest TV network).

He's not as well-known as Anderson Silva or Belfort though.
But today, he's one of the few active stars here.

Makes me think of Marcelo Alonso on a SRN Roundtable back in the day. They asked him how Chael Sonnen was received in Brazil -- did he have to worry about his safety, did people yell at him on the street, etc. He said, "Of course they boo him in the arena if he's fighting a Brazilian, but on the street they love him. He might be one of the three most popular fighters in Brazil right now."

I have the feeling that McGregor might be similar. At the end of the day, he's a charismatic guy and a good fighter and they want to see the star. Who knows, maybe even Colby would fall into this range, but Colby is nastier than Sonnen ever was, less clever than McGregor, and not nearly as popular in the U.S. as either one.

No matter whether you use ft, inches or metres - mcgregor is bigger.
Therefor, unless aldo can magically gain half a ft, he'll always be the smaller fighter.

Nah I'd wager it's his delusional fanbase would be to blame for that. I haven't ordered any PPV's that can was on.

Back