Is Conor McGregor the Prince Naseem Hamed of MMA?

I think it's pretty clear that he's the Ronda of MMMA

Big draw
Favorable matchups
Immense hype
Delusions of grandeur
Fell back to earth

Wouldn't go that far. Ronda is more like the Tank Abbott of WMMA than Conor is the male Ronda. Ronda only was good because she had skill that others hadn't really learned yet, in a very small talent pool. You could say she's a poor man's Royce, if that makes you feel better. Once talent came into the game, Royce got exposed for what he is and so did Ronda (one-dimensional and lacking talent).

Conor, for all his delusions, did KO Aldo, do KO Alvarez, etc. Conor could fight.

Obviously the wiki geniuses and bitter bums will say Naseem is a legend and don’t compare the overrated Mcblah blah blah, but it’s pretty damn close right now.

You could say Kevin Kelly was Chad Mendes, Khabib was Barrera. Or you could say Diaz 1 was the first half of the Kelly fight and Diaz 2 was the second half.

Both tremendous showmen with unique styles that tried to devastate their opponents in the buildup and put them out in the fight.

Also, in their own league when it comes to being conscious of “the show”. A very clear difference between guys like Diaz and Holloway who are comfortable enough to showboat in a fight, and born entertainers who put on a show the instant cameras are on them.

Also the way they had their devoted legion of fans from a smaller country that evolved into an entire U.K. fanbase, and eventually became worldwide phenomenons.

Hopefully the ending is different, but you’re crazy if you didn’t already and enjoy the ride, and u think Conor owes anything else or has anything left to prove.
THANK YOU ...That's all I'm saying

Other than defend a fucking belt.
Hamed WBO, IBF, WBC featherweight champion with 15 title defences and only 1 loss.

Comparing the two is laughable.

lol because boxing and mma records are the same. What are u talking about?

MMA fighters don't have the luxury of having their careers mapped out from the jump. Conor was a Tae Kwon Do/Boxing based fighter, who lost a couple early fights by submission. That's a reality of the sport. Lol at acting like "their records are different on Wikipedia so there are no parallels."

People still say Conor's record is padded and he didn't fight half the bums Prince did. And Conor's wins over Mendes, Aldo, and Alvarez are at least as strong as any of Prince's wins. This on top of the fact that you can make plenty of obvious comparisons outside the cage/ring.

Wouldn't go that far. Ronda is more like the Tank Abbott of WMMA than Conor is the male Ronda. Ronda only was good because she had skill that others hadn't really learned yet, in a very small talent pool. You could say she's a poor man's Royce, if that makes you feel better. Once talent came into the game, Royce got exposed for what he is and so did Ronda (one-dimensional and lacking talent).

Conor, for all his delusions, did KO Aldo, do KO Alvarez, etc. Conor could fight.

The male equivalent to Rousey would I'd say be someone like Yoshida, if he'd moved to MMA earlier I suspect he was have had a run near the top in the late 90's.

Every bum who knows a little bit about prince Naseem knows that his hands were fucked up at the end of his career.
He stopped because he was physically unable to boxe anymore.

No. Conor seems to be one of the most over rated mma fighters of all time. He doesn't want to fight anymore
no fighter who becomes a double champ can be considered overrated

Prince never beat any high level competition. McGregor has. He's not focused now, so he'll lose to anybody and will destroy his legacy if he continues. His punching and speed was laughable in that Khabib fight. He looks nowhere near the same athlete.
Hamed defeated at least five World Champions in Title fights (Wilfredo Vazquez, Kevin Kelley, Paul Ingle, Cesar Soto, Vuyani Bungu) that I can think of off the top of my head. Your post is typical of Conor nut licking fan boys: Full of ignorance

Yes he can, esp when his worshipers think he's much more than he is. That is the definition of overrated and Conor is just that: OVERRATED
he was the first person EVER to hold 2 belts at the same time.... something only one other person has done. Yet you say he is overrated?

lol cool story bro

First simultaneous two-weight champion in the history of the UFC. Conor's legacy is secure in the history books, whatever happens next.

………. You could say she's a poor man's Royce, if that makes you feel better. Once talent came into the game, Royce got exposed for what he is and so did Ronda (one-dimensional and lacking talent).
Olympic medalist is no talent?
17wy47.jpg

elanimalsantana said:
Yes he can, esp when his worshipers think he's much more than he is. That is the definition of overrated and Conor is just that: OVERRATED
he was the first person EVER to hold 2 belts at the same time.... something only one other person has done. Yet you say he is overrated?

lol cool story bro
Read my post again

Hamed defeated at least five World Champions in Title fights (Wilfredo Vazquez, Kevin Kelley, Paul Ingle, Cesar Soto, Vuyani Bungu) that I can think of off the top of my head. Your post is typical of Conor nut licking fan boys: Full of ignorance
none of those guys are particularly good. kevin kelley was a decent fighter but that’s about it. boxrec less and watch more boxing. naz completely missed the best featherweight era in boxing.

Barrera vs. Hamed brings back happy memories...

Back