Is Cowboy Cerrone 20 times more popular than Platinum Perry?

Well he has 20 times the Twitter followers. Mike is a sherdog meme, but not many people outside of here know who he is.

Fans of both. But the following of Platinum is crazy. Dude eats souls for lunch!!!

2zPXU5M.gif
Best GIF E-V-E-R

and it's common knowledge Cerrone is a giant douche
He's a giant douche, but he's a charismatic giant douche, and his quotes get the clicks that ultimately pay the journalists. They essentially give themselves money by interviewing someone like Cerrone. Someone like Perry, on the other hand...well...

He's a giant douche, but he's a charismatic giant douche, and his quotes get the clicks that ultimately pay the journalists. They essentially give themselves money by interviewing someone like Cerrone. Someone like Perry, on the other hand...well...
He's single handedly saving the bleacher report from going under.

Cerrone hits like a truck, truck, Perry likes what? boy butt! let me sing it again.

Lol at comparing popularity of someone with only a few UFC fights to one of the OG local residence fighters who also has 8 years longer as a pro fighter.

Interestingly though... it wouldn't take Plat but a few more winz to catch him with the younger generation who didn't follow Cowboy's rise.

That said... the difference in popularity is much less than 20:1 even today
Its much much more. Cowboy is one of the most well known ufc fighters. Platidumb is known by a few sherdog nerds who missed the conor train

Nobody gives a shit about mike perry except basement dwelling virgins living vicariously through him.

Lol at comparing popularity of someone with only a few UFC fights to one of the OG local residence fighters who also has 8 years longer as a pro fighter.

Interestingly though... it wouldn't take Plat but a few more winz to catch him with the younger generation who didn't follow Cowboy's rise.

That said... the difference in popularity is much less than 20:1 even today
Not when he loses again and falls off the face of the planet.

Absolutely and he doesn't have to pay guys to post threads about him on sherdog.

Cerrone hits like a truck, truck, Perry likes what? boy butt! let me sing it again.
If anything, you got that the other way around. I'm not trying to take away the power that Cowboy generates... but Plat has that freakish power that you have to be born with. Like that Rumble power. He will be a major contender as his style develops.

Last edited:
Its much much more. Cowboy is one of the most well known ufc fighters. Platidumb is known by a few sherdog nerds who missed the conor train
Nice bit of roasting there... but obviously Conor fans have nothing to do with whether or not someone is a Perry fan... lol... I'm a fan of both personally.

It took me a while to warm up to Plat... because he was recklessly getting hit... but he's clearly been refining his style for the better... & that's what got me on board. Also you can't deny that KO power. He will be a force to reckon with... & that's why he will (& does) gain an impressive fan base.

I have no real interest in comparing to Cowboy's popularity... I don't really care.... I just heavily doubt that it's a 20:1 ratio... & that's why I spoke up. Plat has been getting lots of attention. He's one of the up & comers that sticks out.

He keeps knocking people out... & he will just keep getting more popular.

Last edited:
Nobody gives a shit about mike perry except basement dwelling virgins living vicariously through him.
Of coarse that's not true.... but you're having fun trolling the Plat Naysh I suppose. Your burn is a bit flawed though. A basement dwelling virgin would not know what the word "vicariously" means. Try not to have such gaping holes in your trolling game moving forward. It's a bit embarrassing to the troll society.

5QAfRYj.jpg

Not when he loses again and falls off the face of the planet.
At the point in his career that Plat is currently at... Cowboy was skipping back n forth between wins & losses & he's doing just fine with popularity now-a-days. Same with Plat. He can take another L & be just fine.

Obviously their paths have been different.... but Comparison to Cowboy's career aside... (which I don't really care about anyway) Plat can easily eat another loss & come back & take over the division. Don't forget about that power if you doubt that. It's a very special thing that most people don't have. That means his potential is much higher... & with the work on his technique that I see he's obviously putting in... I think he will be a major contender.

Last edited:
Funny thing about this thread is that there is a good chance that Mike and Cowboy face off after the Lawler and Alves fights. Let me tell you this, Cowboy does not match up well against Platinum - yes he is 'technically' a better Martial Artist but he crumbles easily and Mike hits harder than anyone who has ever hit him before.

Cerrone can't fight gangstas and Platinum Mike is also just in general twice the man cerrone is lol cerrone will get bitched out hard in this fight he has a similar style to Alan Jouban but he is much more aggressive movin forward he's gonna get clipped and Mike Perry will touch him and when he does he's fucked cerrone a big weakness is power hitters

Back