Is Die Hard a Christmas movie?

Is Die Hard a christmas movie?

• Total voters
It is. There's Christmas shit throughout the whole movie. From the in your face "Ho Ho Ho" scene to the Season's Greetings tape that he uses to kill Hans, it's littered with Christmas references. And also, they use little jingle bells to score the whole film.

Also, Die Hard 2 pretty much put the nail in the coffin.

It is. There's Christmas shit throughout the whole movie. From the in your face "Ho Ho Ho" scene to the Season's Greetings tape that he uses to kill Hans, it's littered with Christmas references. And also, they use little jingle bells to score the whole film.

Also, Die Hard 2 pretty much put the nail in the coffin.

Showed it to my daughter last night. Told her the big debate is if its a Christmas movie. As Hans was falling off Nakatomi plaza, she looked at me and said yup. Its a Christmas movie.

I watched it again last night. The question is not, "is Die Hard a Christmas movie?" but rather, "is Die Hard the best Christmas movie".

The answer, of course, is yes it is;)

The question is not, "is Die Hard a Christmas movie?" but rather, "is Die Hard the best Christmas movie".
That would be Trading Places
09132013_Trading_Places.jpg

58c1f0cadc4b2f701b88338a_tradingplaces.gif

It’s a Christmas movie. Christmas is integral to the plot on multiple levels. It’s critical in both the melodramatic and action/heist elements of the film.
Lethal Weapon has more Christmas tropes throughout, but they don’t effect the narrative in any significant way so, not a Christmas movie.

It is about a man trying to see his wife and kids for Christmas. He has to go through some terrorist to achieve this and in the process he learns Christmas spirit to have more love for his wife.

I think people get hung up on the guns and violence so they disregard it as a Christmas movie but it is damn clear it is a Christmas movie

It is about a man trying to see his wife and kids for Christmas. He has to go through some terrorist to achieve this and in the process he learns Christmas spirit to have more love for his wife.
IIRC, he had to fly out to LA because Mr. Takagi couldn't control his horny level.
James-Shigeta-Mr.-Takagi-e1406612819268.jpg

Even the bad guys are German.... The home of the greatest outdoor Christmas markets in the world....

Back