Is Die Hard a Christmas movie?

Is Die Hard a christmas movie?

• Total voters
Is Savage Bees a Mardi Gras movie?

Is Cape Fear an Independence Day movie?

For that matter, is Independence Day an Independence Day movie?

How about Jaws...Independence Day movie?

Groundhog Day is a Groundhog Day movie IMHO.

I do. It's about terrorists taking over a corporation at a Christmas party during Christmas time.

maxresdefault.jpg

No.

Could've been any kind of party at any time of year and the plot still works.

No.

Could've been any kind of party at any time of year and the plot still works.

But it wasnt. It was during Christmas during a time most places are closed which allowed the terrorists to go through with their plan.

No Christmas. No movie.

Same boat as Trading Places, Batman Returns, Edward Scissorhands etc etc, imo.

Even Home Alone.

Do you consider them Xmas movies?

Of course, it's the greatest Christmas movie out there. Even better than It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street and Year Without a Santa Claus.

But it wasnt. It was during Christmas during a time most places are closed which allowed the terrorists to go through with their plan.

No Christmas. No movie.

Yeah but it still works if that element wasn't there. The Santa Clause, Elf, Polar Express, Christmas Vacation, etc aren't even movies if you take Christmas out. That's a Christmas movie.

And yeah you could easily take Christmas out and find another way for the plot to work in Die hard.

Incorrect.

He would have been John Matrix, and it would have been Commando 2.

I should have said Arnold Schwarzenegger was the orginal actor they wanted to cast for Die hard but I literally just discovered this fun fact

I do when people are trying to decide what movie to watch on Christmas.

Of course, it's the greatest Christmas movie out there. Even better than It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street and Year Without a Santa Claus.

It's a wonderful life is about a man who wished he wasnt alive and an angel showing him what his life would be like if he wasnt.

Very Christmasy

It's a wonderful life is about a man who wished he wasnt alive and an angel showing him what his life would be like if he wasnt.

Very Christmasy

Well it was a play on/a homage to the quintessential Christmas story by Charles Dickens.

Third option (voted no though). It takes place during Christmastime and has a Christmas atmosphere but is not about Christmas.
Just like E.T. took place around Halloween and had Halloween scenes, but it isn't a Halloween movie.
Both are good movies to watch during their respective holiday seasons, but they aren't "Miracle on 34th Street" or "Halloween".

Back