Is Die Hard a Christmas movie?

Is Die Hard a christmas movie?

• Total voters
It is 100% a christmas movie. It takes place during xmas, it has xmas music in its score and there is a xmas theme throughout.

This is stupid. It's like saying Debbie Does Dallas was a sports/football movie.

In both cases (Christmas, football) those are just things that happen to further the story. They're both action movies, because that's the MAIN POINT: action.

Clearly

The only one who said it wasn't a christmas movie was Shadow_Priest_X

This is stupid. It's like saying Debbie Does Dallas was a sports/football movie.

In both cases (Christmas, football) those are just things that happen to further the story. They're both action movies, because that's the MAIN POINT: action.
<GinJuice>

Its a Christmas movie .

Deal with it.

Basically, this is a generic action movie. It just so happens to be based around the Xmas period. So there for it "technically" counts as an Xmas movie.

I think the fact that you could describe the movie with complete accuracy, without using the word Christmas, means it's not a Christmas movie.

If I'm remembering correctly, the original script wasn't even set at Christmas.

I do. It's about terrorists taking over a corporation at a Christmas party during Christmas time.

maxresdefault.jpg

Yes, I do for reasons stated previously.

Gremlins is 100x more Christmas than die hard... and it's not a Christmas movie.

I think the fact that you could describe the movie with complete accuracy, without using the word Christmas, means it's not a Christmas movie.

If I'm remembering correctly, the original script wasn't even set at Christmas.

Ignore the group edge Lord wagon these idiots are trying to jump on. They all know better, but the media has taught them that up is down and they suck it up.

The whole plot of the movie is John McClane is coming home for Christmas to be with his wife and kids. His kids want him there for Christmas (his daughter asks about him coming home on the phone with his wife). The movie is about a family trying to be together for Christmas but there are terrorist in the way. John McClane and his wife are brought closer together just in time for Christmas becuase of this event

The movie is absolutely riddled with Christmas cheer and Christmas spirit. Is it a Christmas movie for kids? No but it is a Christmas movie with a lesson about family

Seems like we have two schools of thought ITT

Some saying a Xmas movie is a movie whose plot centers around Christmas itself whether Santa or the celebration. Think the Santa Clause, Elf, etc

Others saying an Xmas movie is a movie that is set during Xmas, but may not have a plot centered around it. However, this movie is one you most likely watch around Christmas time, or at least is more enjoyable to watch during christmas. I'm thinking home alone, batman returns etc.

By the first definition die hard is not an Xmas film, by the second definition it is.

I consider it to be one.

I say no. It's a movie set at Christmas time, but it's not a Christmas movie.

All I want to watch for Christmas is the Hallmark Channel. I don’t give a fuck if you think it’s gay.

I just want big city lawyer Tabitha to have her car break down in rural Iowa, where she’ll meet a small town baker who wears a lofty sweater and no mechanics open for days. She’ll realize there’s more to life than the hustle and bustle, and will break up with her city magnate boyfriend for sweater guy. After a nice family Christmas in a farmhouse somewhere in bumfucksville she gets invested in the farming community. The crescendo will be that she chooses to stay in Iowa, with the last scene being her laughingly opening a Christmas present containing an itchy wool sweater for herself and a pan over to future Tabitha who opened her own law firm in the Midwest for disenfranchised farmers. (Put my check in the mail Hallmark Christmas movie writers)

That’s Christmas you fucks, not Eastern European terrorists or whatever.

Back