Is draining cauilflower ear necessary

michi972

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
A bit off the subject
My ear os filled with liquid, I am usually not eager to go to doctors, hospitals etc. I only go there when I'm very ill.My ear is filled with blood/liquid.Can it give up after some time or is it necessary to drain it.Doesn't matter if there will be cauilflower ot not.I just want ear not to be pumped, but can I just wait?

Main almost entirely went away (a tiny bit hardened) just by taking a break and on a different occasion wearing headgear.

cauliflower ear, or auricular hematoma, is caused by traumatic separation of the layers of cartilage in the external ear. Blood and debris then fills the space and eventually, as stated above, will harden. How much the structure of your external ear becomes warped depends on how much fluid is collected. If it is minimal, some of it may be resorbed, and it may harden with little effect on visual inspection, however if there is significant fluid you are looking at a red badge of courage.

A doctor in the office can drain it (it's not technically difficult), but they probably will not place a surgical stitch to hold the cartilage together, you would have to go to an ER to have that done. If you only have it drained, there are several home methods to keep the layers of cartilage compressed until they heal, e.g. silly putty, magnets, etc - google or forum search it. Once you get it drained/stitched, if you really want it to heal, stay off the mats. People try to train and wear headgear, but you run the risk of re-separating the cartilage.

when i was 18 i got it pretty bad i drained half of it and it hurt really bad and i couldnt seem to get the rest out and it hardened up after a few days now i wear head gear if i feel im getting close to it

go buy a needle at target. Put an icecub on your ear for 3-4 minutes to numb it. Prick. Suck. and put pressure for a few hours. At the very least it wont be as big

Once you’ve drained it boil some water and drop in a rare earth magnet and a coin. Stick the. Either side of your ear and they will stop the pocket refilling with blood.

For fuck's sake, my parents made a big drama show, because of caulflower.This week is ridiculous

Does draing fully protect from cauilflower or only make it smaller?I think I'm going to have it anyway at some point

Back