Is ESPN committing suicide?

Pretty sure that disaster at 6 was the bottom for them. Political bullshit.

Nobody gives a shit about either mike, ghey wingo or formula 1. If they’re committing suicide it’s via all the liberal/political shit they push all the time. People watch sports networks for sports not politics. This is coming from someone who’s liberal too.

100% dead on balls accurate. When I turn on a sports channel it should about sports and not politics. Let the normal news channels cover the bullshit politics and leave something like ESPN to just sports and fun. I've completely written off the NFL because Sunday used to be a chill day watching the game and relaxing. Now it's so much about politics and the NFL encouraged it that it just wasn't chill or relaxing anymore.

I cant stand ESPN. I miss the days when I could just turn it on and catch all of the days highlights. Now its not stop panels with everyone giving their take. I dont give a shit what your take is, I want to see what happened. Some is ok, I like PTI. But even sportscenter is just talking now.

their baseball coverage is horrible.
the new pbp guy is ok I guess but jessica mendoza
and A-rod suck balls

I haven't watched it in a while, but I realized ESPN after midnight or so is basically what everyone loved about the network... at a time when everybody went to bed. It was fun and had some attitude to it

lol, that's what I thought but someone said she's married to a dude and has two or three kids.
would have bet she swung the other way.

My two favorite sports are football and beisbol.

MLB & NFL Network are so much better than ESPN that I dont even watch it unless theyre televising a live game Im going to watch.

Their programming is getting worse, and that is saying something because it was already trash

ESPN redeemed themselves on their Formula One coverage by going commercial free. I don't know how they will pay for it but at least we got one good race.

ha, they brought back Nicole (Manske) Briscoe and the other gal Laura Rutledge for SC in the afternoon. At least it something nice to look at. At the end of the broadcast, they were discussing the snow in Chicago disrupting baseball and Rutledge said of the images, "Yea, it's just about as cold in these studios as it is in the ball park.."
Nicole put up her hand for a high five saying, "Way to save the network."
classic

I cant stand ESPN. I miss the days when I could just turn it on and catch all of the days highlights. Now its not stop panels with everyone giving their take. I dont give a shit what your take is, I want to see what happened. Some is ok, I like PTI. But even sportscenter is just talking now.
No different than 24 hour news stations.

I miss the old format of CNN Headline News:

12:00 - 12:10 = News
12:10 - 12:15 = Business
12:15 - 12:20 = Weather
12:20 - 12:25 = Sports
12:25 - 12:30 = Hollywood Entertainment.

No panel discussions.

No one to tell me what their opinion on the matter is.

Just read the news into the camera until the next commercial break.

I haven't watched the channel in literally years; it was on at the barber shop the other day and I was like WTF...
Bunch of grown men dressed like high school kids; zero professionalism; set looked like something from the early MTV days; all dark and grungy.

Through the ashes, a hero has risen
maxresdefault.jpg

#SaveUsStu #StugotzArmy

I haven't watched the channel in literally years; it was on at the barber shop the other day and I was like WTF...
Bunch of grown men dressed like high school kids; zero professionalism; set looked like something from the early MTV days; all dark and grungy.
yea, i hate that. i dont know his name because i dont watch it hardly at all, but there is a black dude on one of the shows that is really bad. he always has on some cartoon tshirt with or without a jacket over it. most of them just wear jeans and tennis shoes now. i am surprised it bugs me so much, but i hate seeing all of them dress like they are just hanging out in their house. but i guess that is what the network is aiming for. trying to make it look more casual

Through the ashes, a hero has risen
maxresdefault.jpg

#SaveUsStu #StugotzArmy
and i really dont get the love for these people and this show. you are not edgy when all you talk about is how edgy you are. i have tried to listen to the show a few times and i have never heard them talk sports once. most of the time its just dan telling the audience he doesnt care if they dont like him and to write to the network. and yes dan, we get it. your dad talks with a funny accent and is a complete fucking moron. less is more with that

It used to be sports with a dash of comedy thrown in. Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick, Stuart Scott, Rich Eisen and Kenny Mayne. Throw in some NFL Primetime with Chris Berman and Tom Jackson and I used to be pumped to watch the highlights from the day.

They would show the highlights and add in commentary that made them funny and more interesting. Then at the end of the highlight they would show the box score with the stat lines from about 5 players on each team. After that, it was on to the next game. The plays of the week and Sunday conversation were about the only breaks from that formula.

Fast forward to these days and it's a bunch of analysis and conversations about social justice topics. When they do highlights, it's basically only for ESPN's favorites (Lebron, Golden State and any team from LA, New York and Boston) and maybe a few other of the good teams. A game between lets say the Spurs and the Raptors gets an abbreviated highlight with a box score showing two abbreviated stat lines. After that, it's on to a segment about who wore the best shoes that week or two guys pretending to be arguing about sports.

It used to be sports with a dash of comedy thrown in. Keith Olbermann, Dan Patrick, Stuart Scott, Rich Eisen and Kenny Mayne. Throw in some NFL Primetime with Chris Berman and Tom Jackson and I used to be pumped to watch the highlights from the day.

They would show the highlights and add in commentary that made them funny and more interesting. Then at the end of the highlight they would show the box score with the stat lines from about 5 players on each team. After that, it was on to the next game. The plays of the week and Sunday conversation were about the only breaks from that formula.

Fast forward to these days and it's a bunch of analysis and conversations about social justice topics. When they do highlights, it's basically only for ESPN's favorites (Lebron, Golden State and any team from LA, New York and Boston) and maybe a few other of the good teams. A game between lets say the Spurs and the Raptors gets an abbreviated highlight with a box score showing two abbreviated stat lines. After that, it's on to a segment about who wore the best shoes that week or two guys pretending to be arguing about sports.
and of course discussions where people are absolutely dumbfounded that nobody would want to sign kaepernick as a backup quarterback and have their team become a lightning rod for racial discussions and turn their team over to non stop questions not about the team, but about colin kaepernick.

Reporter: "So, you guys won the game 34-7 today with the starting qb going 30-35 for 410 yards. What did the team think of Kaepernick's socks depicting cops as pigs?"

Back