IS Fallout 4 GOTY Edition worth it for 20 bucks?

Definitely worth 20 bucks. That is really nothing to spend on a game, even if it does not have over 100 hours of pretty good content. Maybe not the greatest game, but at that price, I just can not see you not at least getting that much out of it.

Definitely worth 20 bucks.

This thread convinced me to pick Fallout 4 back up. Starting a new character. I never actually finished any of the major questlines, theres so much stuff to do. Think I'll stick to one settlement this time.

...wasn't this thread like 3 pages longer? hahahahahahaha.

This thread convinced me to pick Fallout 4 back up. Starting a new character. I never actually finished any of the major questlines, theres so much stuff to do. Think I'll stick to one settlement this time.
It actually gets better as you progress through the main story imo. Side quests are fun and fairly interesting, and the faction rivalries eventually lead to some wacky stuff happening.

Like I went to do a quest yesterday, and when I got to the place there was a three way battle going. Some mercs and super mutants had killed an entire squad of BOS soldiers. But then, one of the mercs jumped in the vertibird and started mowing down the mutants. That's what I gathered from my brief forensics investigation anyway.

Dead mutants, soldiers, and mercs everywhere. Then I had to use my laser gun to mow down the rest of the mercs and the Vertibird, which crashed into a water treatment plant with debris everywhere. All that chaos and I hadn't even started the quest yet.

<mma4>

wait til NPCs die before you ever encounter them.

wait til NPCs die before you ever encounter them.
Seen that happen. It happens in Skyrim too. Left my house once and two merchants and a handful of npcs were just lying in a pile of bodies in the middle of the street. Guess the guards really can't fuck with a Vampire Lord.

Where in the hell did the rest of this thread go lol

I need to give this another try. Not sure I even finished a quest once I got outside. Settlement building was kind of meh and I think I wandered into the wrong area and got stuck in a mission that was too high for me. Gave up pretty quickly.

I need to give this another try. Not sure I even finished a quest once I got outside. Settlement building was kind of meh and I think I wandered into the wrong area and got stuck in a mission that was too high for me. Gave up pretty quickly.
Yeah my first time playing it I ignored the main story, did some sidequests, decided I hated the settlement stuff and got bored.

This time around I spent like 5 minutes doing enough building for them to stfu and leave me alone, and went off to do quests. Much better this time for me. There are a few spots where you can find power armor pretty early, which helps with tough enemies early if you get stuck. If you keep finding shitty weapons make the walk to diamond city. The weapons vendor there sells some decent stuff, and you can break into people's houses and steal all their shit if you need money.

Been playing Fallout recently. Someone made a mod where you can be a vampire like in Skyrim and it's actually really good.

I consider FNV to be the superior FO in the series, and FO4 gets a lot of flack for excluding the RPG element sort of over NV but for $20 the full version including DLC is well worth it.
Agreed. Even if people like past installments better and feel this isn't a great Fallout game, it is regardless still a good enough game in it's own right. It's goot plenty of hours with DLC of gameplay for 20 quid to be well worth it.

Been playing Fallout recently. Someone made a mod where you can be a vampire like in Skyrim and it's actually really good.
Yeah and at the very least the Frost mod changing it into a survival game gave me like 10 extra hours for free.

Going through Nicks quest right now. Pretty fun but that shit crashed so hard I had to power cycle my console twice last night. It crashed it like a computer. Pretty amazing they can release a game that buggy on console.

Is it worth $20? How poor are you motherfuckers?

Back