Is Heyman bad for the WWE ?

Discussion in 'Pro Wrestling Discussion' started by Robert Baratheon, Oct 30, 2018.

1. King Ghidorah

King Ghidorah Brown Belt

Heyman isn't bad for the WWE, he's a manager, he's a character. He is what Bobby Heenan, Jim Cornette, and JJ Dillion were before him. He's a mouthpiece for a wrestler. Heyman talks the shit, and Brock delivers the beatings, how does that equate to "stupid"? What's bad for the WWE is non-sensical writing, bad booking, stale characters, scripted promos and so many other things that Heyman isn't responsible for. Heyman may be a bit repetitive but he is entertaining, and when he's motivated he cuts a better promo than almost every talent on that roster. Fun fact, Heyman did speak for Austin very early on in his career. Ahh the Dangerous Alliance, they were fun.

D.R.H. and chubbman like this.
  2. Dorkman

Dorkman Red Belt

He wasn't awful. But it certainly wasn't his best attribute. He actually had some decent charisma in his original run. But yeah Pauls ability to weave a tale, and captivate an audience with words is definitely valuable. Even as the heel duo he gets the crowd chiming in on his high point catch lines cause he just has so much damn energy in his delivery. It dosen't work in every capacity. But with Lesnar, it seems to work well. I had heard rumblings of Heyman possibly going with rousey but I think that was only if brock left as expected, which as we see now isn;t the immediate case.

3. Thrawn33

Thrawn33 JUST BLEED Belt

TS doesn't know what a manager is for....

D.R.H. likes this.
  4. BoogerDawson

BoogerDawson Black Belt

5. Quinton Overeem

Quinton Overeem Purple Belt

I agree, Heyman is a genius in promo but Brock looks dumb if he can't express himself on his own.