Is it a major surprise that Rubin made it to Oxford?

Lol. That's kinda what I thought.

So you want me to scour the internet, trying to find some example of somebody, anybody, calling Dave Rubin a Nazi? Lol.

You know, if you want to find people calling people Nazis, just go to the Meme thread. Lots of Nazi accusations right on this site. None about Dave Rubin though.
Arent you the same guy who told me I need to hold people on "my side" responsible for shit they say? Why arent you doing the same thing

Arent you the same guy who told me I need to hold people on "my side" responsible for shit they say? Why arent you doing the same thing

Nobody here ever called Dave Rubin a Nazi you doofus. Who would I be telling this to? Lol.

Search "Shapiro fascist" to see me defending right wingers against idiotic claims by the left.

Lol.

-They call Dave Rubin a Nazi.
-Who?
-Figure it out yourself!
-You want me to try to find examples for your claim?
-Denounce them!

Lol. Who?! Is this the Twilight Zone?

Dave Rubin has been chasticized before for being the most impressionable member of the so called IDW with the most issues for his willinngess to engage in the most bizarre of theories. And some critics felt his podcast with Joe Rogan was especially horrific. In light of that how surprising is it that he got to speak at Oxford and how well does he do here?

@Anung Un Rama
@PrinceOfPain
@TheGreatA
@Kafir-kun
@RubberGuard5
@MikeMcMann
@Metusalemi
@unimackpass
@m52nickerson
@Devout Pessimist
@Gunny
@GearSolidMetal
@nostradumbass

I appreciate being tagged, however, I'm not going to watch that. I don't have anything against Dave Rubin. He seems like a nice guy, but he is at his best when he is silent and his guests are talking.

Rogan has some actual talent. I haven't seen that from Rubin, and I'm less inclined to think that he is in good faith.
Not only that but Rogan has interesting a diverse and interesting range of guests on his podcast while Rubin mainly panders to the lower denominators of the right with his guests. And Rubin pretty much just has his guests on as advertisement for their views which he virtually always just nods in agreement with while Rogan will take the conversation in all sorts of directions.

Dave Rubin has been chasticized before for being the most impressionable member of the so called IDW with the most issues for his willinngess to engage in the most bizarre of theories. And some critics felt his podcast with Joe Rogan was especially horrific. In light of that how surprising is it that he got to speak at Oxford and how well does he do here?

@Anung Un Rama
@PrinceOfPain
@TheGreatA
@Kafir-kun
@RubberGuard5
@MikeMcMann
@Metusalemi
@unimackpass
@m52nickerson
@Devout Pessimist
@Gunny
@GearSolidMetal
@nostradumbass

Not sure why I’m tagged in this post.

Not sure why I’m tagged in this post.
I guess I was interested in seeing what you felt about the Oxford speech if you can watch a few minutes of it and in general what you feel about Rubin and how well he is able to make a case for certain ideologies.

Dave Rubin seems to be loathed with a passion here as well as other areas so I was wondering if there was anyone tagged in the OP who is willing to suggest otherwise or if everyone just feels he should step away.

Last edited:
"Intellectual"

Guy is a well-meaning boob. Rogan level.

OP is a very strange propagandist.
True enough. With the exception that Rogan usually goes out of his way to say he's not an intellectual and is only speaking his mind, while Rubin comes across as stating facts. As a tradesman I thought his idea of getting rid of inspecrors and regulations, and letting the market dictate the quality of construction practices to be particularly boob-ish.

Seems like the guy is floundering at trying on new ideas and belief systems. It's an odd look for someone who's been on the periphery of social/political discourse for some time now.

I did not watch this video, but it looks like Sam Harris and Jordan Peterson are going to have another debate (that I will not be watching):

Posted June 14th, 2018

<{clintugh}>

I did not watch this video, but it looks like Sam Harris and Jordan Peterson are going to have another debate (that I will not be watching):

Posted June 14th, 2018

<{clintugh}>

You've expressed support for JBP before, is it because of Harris you won't be watching or are you just disinterested in these kind of debates in general?

Not surprised.

Sometimes Oxford have public figures giving speeches. Mr. Rubin is a public figure.

(Didn't watch the video yet. Might not watch it. Dave himself isn't nearly as interesting as his quests.)

You've expressed support for JBP before, is it because of Harris you won't be watching or are you just disinterested in these kind of debates in general?

I am a big fan of Jordan Peterson (I do not like Sam Harris), but Peterson is awful in debates and even more awful when talking with Sam Harris. Peterson has a hard time summarizing his ideas succinctly and Harris gets caught up on the smallest, trivial details. The two together are a nightmare to listen to. I listened to ten minutes of their first debate and stopped listening because it was painfully obvious it was going nowhere.

True enough. With the exception that Rogan usually goes out of his way to say he's not an intellectual and is only speaking his mind, while Rubin comes across as stating facts. As a tradesman I thought his idea of getting rid of inspecrors and regulations, and letting the market dictate the quality of construction practices to be particularly boob-ish.

Seems like the guy is floundering at trying on new ideas and belief systems. It's an odd look for someone who's been on the periphery of social/political discourse for some time now.
not just that but when he was challenged he instantly falls back on the "Im not saying we should get rid of all regulations"..... eh yeah you fucking were Dave, shut the fuck up and choose a position and be consistent lol

I also hate the term "classical liberal".... it just screams "I dont know wtf Im talking about"

I guess I was interested in seeing what you felt about the Oxford speech if you can watch a few minutes of it and in general what you feel about Rubin and how well he is able to make a case for certain ideologies.

Dave Rubin seems to be loathed with a passion here as well as other areas so I was wondering if there was anyone tagged in the OP who is willing to suggest otherwise or if everyone just feels he should step away.

I’m posting from a plane with shitty internet so I can’t watch the video. In general I’d say that, like Rogan, Rubin is less is voice of the IDW than he is a conduit for it. I listen to his show when he has a guest I want to hear from and usually enjoy those episodes.

not just that but when he was challenged he instantly falls back on the "Im not saying we should get rid of all regulations"..... eh yeah you fucking were Dave, shut the fuck up and choose a position and be consistent lol

I also hate the term "classical liberal".... it just screams "I dont know wtf Im talking about"
Pretty much agreed with the first paragraph.

On classical liberal - I'm nonreligious but have no animosity towards people of faith, believe in climate change, all for personal autonomy, don't care what your inherent identity is but rather am interested in your ideas, believe in live and let live, open discourse, science, and am very much against authoritarians who want to tell me what to say and believe. I know that's a mishmash of standards, but they plot me on the left, but also away from the growing liberal fringe where many behave like cult members. So what label should I wear if I had to, other than classic liberal?

Pretty much agreed with the first paragraph.

On classical liberal - I'm nonreligious but have no animosity towards people of faith, believe in climate change, all for personal autonomy, don't care what your inherent identity is but rather am interested in your ideas, believe in live and let live, open discourse, science, and am very much against authoritarians who want to tell me what to say and believe. I know that's a mishmash of standards, but they plot me on the left, but also away from the growing liberal fringe where many behave like cult members. So what label should I wear if I had to, other than classic liberal?
classical liberal is just a libertarian trying to look cool imo. I wouldnt consider you a classical liberal, Id just say you have a wide range of views that probably doesnt fit you into a group. some liberal some conservative. I mean I consider myself a progressive but I wouldnt say Im one of the "regressive left". Some will obviously disagree with that statement lol but I just feel like some people calling themselves classical liberals are either uninformed or just being twats

edit: to clarify Im not saying you are a twat or uninformed, but someone like Dave Rubin I cant take seriously because he hasnt shown any ideological consistency

@Anung Un Rama
@PrinceOfPain
@TheGreatA
@Kafir-kun
@RubberGuard5
@MikeMcMann
@Metusalemi
@unimackpass
@m52nickerson
@Devout Pessimist
@Gunny
@GearSolidMetal
@nostradumbass
@Greoric
@Seano
@Rod1
@LogicalInsanity
@Tropodan
@HunterSdVa29
@Greoric

He's gay so it doesn't surprise me. Opens up a lot of doors, nowadays. Not just the backdoor, either.

Back