Is it common to lose a competitive will already at 29?

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have serious motivational problems sparring. I still enjoy the training but I just don't care about the outcome and my mind isn't 100% focused. Holding back a lot.... Never get into it. Trying and pushing myself but my mind is elsewhere. I also hate facing young guys who are so much more energetic and motivated. Feels like fighting father time already.

I'm curious if you guys think this is due to testosterone dumps pushing 30 or if it's purely psychological?

I was a competitive beast as a teen and young adult. Basically a shadow of that these days.

Correct me if i am wrong. But you have not even had a fight yet.. No?

Correct me if i am wrong. But you have not even had a fight yet.. No?

He's trolling again lol. But if your serious spacetime, same thing happened to me 2x in the past 5 years I wasn't feeling it I wasn't working out, and I wasn't feeling like going to class but I still went but didn't feel like trying on the pads or shadowboxing.

But what I did was just pushing myself to go, like everytime someone wanted to fight me, I had a little bit of fear but then I would just push myself to just fight them, and I won. Just keep on going to your classes. And your unconfirmed imaginary boxing classes. And you'll get it back.

You're in no danger, you have to have HAD a competitive will in order to have lost it.

If your will to dabble is based heavily on ego then definitely. It's amazing it lasted even 5 years

There's a difference between being competitive and needing outside validation to avoid having a self esteem meltdown.

I have serious motivational problems sparring. I still enjoy the training but I just don't care about the outcome and my mind isn't 100% focused. Holding back a lot.... Never get into it. Trying and pushing myself but my mind is elsewhere. I also hate facing young guys who are so much more energetic and motivated. Feels like fighting father time already.

I'm curious if you guys think this is due to testosterone dumps pushing 30 or if it's purely psychological?

I was a competitive beast as a teen and young adult. Basically a shadow of that these days.
You're doing it to yourself. Don't come asking us to make excuses for you man. You'd know the cause of this I'd guess. I definitely don't.

oh it's a spacetime thread
zGHQb4O.gif

To be honest, I understand what your saying. But I'm 40 training with 18y/olds. Sometimes my cardio let's me down and I struggle. Sometimes I just second guess myself if I even should train anymore...
Sometimes I go hard and surprise myself. I think its psychological
Most of the time I'm good, but when I'm not focused I start to feel old and doubt myself.

Listen spa
To be honest, I understand what your saying. But I'm 40 training with 18y/olds. Sometimes my cardio let's me down and I struggle. Sometimes I just second guess myself if I even should train anymore...
Most of the time I'm good, but when I'm not focused I start to feel old and doubt myself.

It is psychological. When your in a fight, you got to be 100% mentally in their to win. If @spacetime is serious he just needs to keep going to his classes and keep sparring until he gets it back. Also meditation helps I heard too.

Ever had the sensation of facing a younger version of yourself? That's what it feels like with one dude. He has every attribute I got plus energy. It almost feels unfair to be even sparring. Yeah I sound cranky as fuck but there is some truth to this.

Even 21 vs 29 feels like a miles difference. I just don't have that drive anymore

I have not lost mine at 39. Its kids and diabetes on my dauther that made me stop. Not drive.

We all age differently. But try change up your training. And do sparring without ego

I have not lost mine at 39. Its kids and diabetes on my dauther that made me stop. Not drive.

We all age differently. But try change up your training. And do sparring without ego

Hard when the other guy is all ego and testosterone... And quite good. We spar way too hard also but keeps the reflexes sharp, I guess

Hard when the other guy is all ego and testosterone... And quite good. We spar way too hard also but keeps the reflexes sharp, I guess

Ok so is this taekwondo? Or is it boxing? Because if it's boxing then your in for a rude awakening, their are a lot of meathead boxers in those gyms especially in the UK. You need to learn from your mistakes in sparring to be able to beat that guy up. You also need to stop looking at your own facts and start listening to everybodies feedback and advice. To me it's good to be stubborn to an extent, if your stubborn enough that you don't give up in a fight even after you get knocked down a bunch of times that's good that shows that your a warrior. But if your stubborn to the point where you don't listen to anyone advice, you won't improve at all and that's a bad thing.

So I know your reluctant to this but maybe just film one round of sparring and post it in this thread so we can give you advice, nobody on this forum wants to hate on you, but it's sometimes hard to take you seriously when all you upload is 1-5 sec videos of you either kicking once or punching twice instead of putting up videos of bagwork or shadowboxing.

Obviously right now I'm not hating on you. I'm just giving you advice so if you want to take it that's fine. If you don't.... it's your life you can do what you want with it.

Ever had the sensation of facing a younger version of yourself? That's what it feels like with one dude. He has every attribute I got plus energy. It almost feels unfair to be even sparring. Yeah I sound cranky as fuck but there is some truth to this.
Where's all those tricks you have learned over the years? There is a lot of ways to level the playing against younger opponents.

Back