Is it good for women's tennis that Serena is still one of the best players?

jeffk

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
She is 36 and had a kid not that long ago and doesn't look to be in really good shape. Is it good for women's tennis that she is still one of the top players in the world?

I don't follow women's tennis but I have to think that it kind of shows there aren't that many good players.

Sharapova>Williams
in all respects, especially....
maria-sharapova-wallpapers-hot-wallpaper.jpg

serena-williams.jpg

although I must say, I didn't know Tyson could play such good tennis.

She's the best server in the history of the women's game. It's the only reason she's doing so well right now despite the kid and her current conditioning. She's not even needing to work. Nearly 50% of her serves have gone unreturned this Wimbledon (not just first serves, she's forcing a ridiculous numbers of errors with her second serve as well). She's also the best athlete in the history of the women's game.

Lol at Sharapova. Beat Serena twice in 2004, literally has never beaten her again in her career. But yeah, she's hotter.

BTW, Federer is a few months older than her and if Kevin Anderson hadn't played the match of his career he'd be walking into another men's championship. He literally hadn't even faced a break point at Wimbledon until playing Anderson in the quarterfinals. Plus he's actually still ranked #1.

i feel like women's tennis has been dominated by her so long it may actually hurt the sport. At least Federer had nadal, but Serena just steam rolls it's pretty boring

she's a disgusting, PED riddled excuse for a pro athlete, Mike Tyson lookalike quasi human.

total disgrace for women's tennis, especially for her MULTIPLE dodges of testing.

the sooner her insides explode from steroids and she retires the better.

i feel like women's tennis has been dominated by her so long it may actually hurt the sport. At least Federer had nadal, but Serena just steam rolls it's pretty boring
She only has 3 more majors than him (probably about to be four) and she started winning them earlier. She had Hingis, Graf, Venus, Davenport, Sharapova and a slew of others challenging throughout her prime. She's just outlasted them and remained top tier.

More sad there hasn’t been a legit Men’s American tennis player since Andy Roddick.

Pete Sampras and Agassi have disappeared never were ambassadors after retirement . You got John Fucking Mcnreoe representing us men’s tennis the hardest after all these years. It’s really sad stuff .

More sad there hasn’t been a legit Men’s American tennis player since Andy Roddick.

Pete Sampras and Agassi have disappeared never were ambassadors after retirement . You got John Fucking Mcnreoe representing us men’s tennis the hardest after all these years. It’s really sad stuff .

Honestly though I think the problem is that US tennis is that it focused more on Sampras and Agassi, churning out big serving players who were good enough to compete in the early 00's but not when the big 4 emerged onto the scene.

Williams basically depends on an insane power advantage that no male player could ever have, without that I doubt she'd be top 50.

I must have turned left when I should have turned right.

Could someone kindly direct me to the golf forum?

she's a disgusting, PED riddled excuse for a pro athlete, Mike Tyson lookalike quasi human.

total disgrace for women's tennis, especially for her MULTIPLE dodges of testing.

I love how she locked herself in a panic room when drug testers showed up to her place. Also problems with blood clots.

All sounds legit to me.

lol @ watching womens tennis. i always hear pathetic fucks talk about how hot some of the players are lol
well, some of us cant snag the instagram models that are 10's, so we have to fantasize over hags like a prime kournikova or ana ivanovic. i know you couldnt be drunk enough, but some of us have to slum it

2 things pissed me off today about serena

1- chris evert saying she was obviously rusty today and that is why she lost. this is the finals, not the first or second round. she lost to a better player today

2- the more absurd thing was mary carillo saying that serena has not only the greatest womens serve of all time, but an all time top 4 serve for MEN or women. WTF???? she doesnt have a top 100 mens serve from guys playing right now. that is top 5 stupidest thing i have ever heard about men or women. i wonder how many serves from karlovic, raonic or roddick any of these women could return?

well, some of us cant snag the instagram models that are 10's, so we have to fantasize over hags like a prime kournikova or ana ivanovic. i know you couldnt be drunk enough, but some of us have to slum it

nobody said they were ugly, i just said its a pathetic reason to watch < high school level sports athleticism because 1/10 of the women might be hot.

Its akin to subscribing to victoria secret magazine. pathetic loser territory. Unless of course you just watch all women sports but almost nobody is stupid enough to pretend they do that.

and yes, i get laid very regularly. i dont need to fantasize about a fully clothed sub par "athlete". Like when Serena lost to the 200th ranked male or whatever lol wtf am i gonna watch this shit for??

I love how she locked herself in a panic room when drug testers showed up to her place. Also problems with blood clots.

All sounds legit to me.

Still the dark flesh is delicious. It's okay to allow the drippings to enter your cortex Mr Dope...

Didn't Sharapova get busted for PEDs?

nobody said they were ugly, i just said its a pathetic reason to watch < high school level sports athleticism because 1/10 of the women might be hot.

Its akin to subscribing to victoria secret magazine. pathetic loser territory. Unless of course you just watch all women sports but almost nobody is stupid enough to pretend they do that.

and yes, i get laid very regularly. i dont need to fantasize about a fully clothed sub par "athlete". Like when Serena lost to the 200th ranked male or whatever lol wtf am i gonna watch this shit for??
womens tennis is one of the few female sports that is actually more fun to watch usually than the mens. i mean, i guess you could watch isner and anderson serve 5000 aces and never have points go more than 2 or 3 shots.

females dont have to be as good as men to be fun to watch. they just have to not suck like they do in the wnba. womens figure skating and gymnastics are not at the level of men, but they are fun to watch (olympics only).

but yea, you actually seem like the one who is the pathetic loser

Sharapova had been taking Meldonium for over a decade, it's a prescribed medication to help prevent poor circulation.
it was banned one year but she kept taking it.
two year suspension reduced to 15 months since they didn't consider it doping.
serena is beastly, obviously roided to the gills IMO

Back