Is it inevitable China and the U.S. will get into a war?

in my opinion that is wishful thinking. based on what? the world and tribal identity never loses only to outside powers. look at islam either other branch of islam or outside powers. China has existed for thousands of years.
It has always been, people sticking with outdated bad ideologies will eventually make mistakes and get obsolete.

Eh? He's a pretty damn ruthless ethno-nationalist
Not even close. He's a lib pro diversity, pro globalism.
Nationalists are not in power in China precisely because China is not democratic. Be careful what you wish for.

Not even close. He's a lib pro diversity, pro globalism.
Nationalists are not in power in China precisely because China is not democratic. Be careful what you wish for.

{<huh}{<huh}{<huh}{<huh}{<huh}

There are different types of nationalism and calling china ´liberal´is just retarded. Pro globalism? that depend how you define globalism. you kind of need to be ´pro´interacting with other countries if you want to be powerful but that does not mean you let everyone in your borders and sell out your own people.

It has always been, people sticking with outdated bad ideologies will eventually make mistakes and get obsolete.

they seem to be adapting well to playing the system of the world. I am not a china fan boy i just think some people in some threads always pop in with the wishful thinking of ´´they will collapse´´. Yeah okay. It must be american arrogance or something

i mean look above there some guy in here claiming china is liberal now.

they seem to be adapting well to playing the system of the world. I am not a china fan boy i just think some people in some threads always pop in with the wishful thinking of ´´they will collapse´´. Yeah okay. It must be american arrogance or something

i mean look above there some guy in here claiming china is liberal now.

Oh yeah I agree with you on this. I will concede my earlier statement I worded it poorly. As for China yeah I think they are unstopable because they are very pragmatic actually they are not thise types that stick to ideologies.

They went from a bad agrarian type revolution with Mao Tze tung to embracing capitalism and marketing their own cute brands like what the Japanese did.

With China interested in building their empire and spreading themselves around the globe in Africa, the South Pacific, etc, it only seems a matter of time before the two nations will be at loggerheads with each other.
I think China will test America to see if the President at the time,[lets hope its not Oprah!] stands up to them. If he/she does, then a conflict is on the cards imo. Mind you the U.S. may back down.

So if the answer is 'yes,' will Russia join in too?

Or is this a load of bollocks? Will the two countries just get along fine over the next 100 years despite China having control of the shipping lanes in the South China Sea?

Found out yesterday that Australia has about 15 days of petroleum in reserve, that's all. So it wouldn't take too long for the country to grind to a halt if China ever decided to block our supply coming in.

we're each other's biggest customers. fighting would be terrible for business.

also

we have nukes. so we literally cant fight, and we both know it.

we're each other's biggest customers. fighting would be terrible for business.

also

we have nukes. so we literally cant fight, and we both know it.

Never say never. Technology could turn the odds in favor of one over other. Need are powerful but not as destructive as some think. Go play with thst nuke calculator thing on internet it gives logical estimates on what differnt nuke range do on cities and terrain.

Never say never. Technology could turn the odds in favor of one over other. Need are powerful but not as destructive as some think. Go play with thst nuke calculator thing on internet it gives logical estimates on what differnt nuke range do on cities and terrain.

yea i have. its pretty F'ing bad. its not as if a nuke strike would be 2-3 missiles. we'd launch dozens. game over.

One mountain only has room for one tiger, let alone a dragon and an eagle, too. My Chinese history needs a little brushing up, but throughout China's history, how many times have they invaded and conquered anyone, compared to how many times America has? Shit, when was China's last major war? Point being, that the likelihood of war is so high, because of America's reputation for war, but also that we're the top dog. China's name is only mentioned because they are on the rise, not because they are known for being war mongers. Not saying America is a war monger, either. No disrespect meant. I love America and respect our soldiers.

"Regarding 'One Belt, One Road,' I think in a globalized world, there are many belts and many roads, and no one nation should put itself into a position of dictating 'One Belt, One Road.' That said, the 'One Belt, One Road' also goes through disputed territory, and I think that in itself shows the vulnerability of trying to establish that sort of a dictate." -- US SECDEF James Mattis

The war will be destructive most destructive war ever the atomic boom will be used again.

They may be old but they blow big

No. They rely on each other too much for that to happen.

China doesn't want war right now, the US and its allies do. China wants to play the waiting game until they are 100% sure of victory, if they ever get to that point they will not wage war on Americans but would place economic sanctions on the US and try to humiliate and humble them.

China has never forgotten about the century of humiliation by western powers, the suffering and devastation it caused. They never forgot about the Opium Wars and Boxer Rebellion. This history is taught in Chinese schools just like the Day of Independance in taught in US schools. Westerners generally know nothing of Chinas recent history. This is what drives them to this day.

China will be humbled yet once again. Seems they haven't learned their lesson.

The USA would absolutely demolish China in a conventional war.

New studies show the disparity is quite frightening:

http://www.businessinsider.com/jale...-matters-interview-cbs-me-myself-and-i-2017-9

What does Steve Urkel have to do with America and China's relative power?

9zWXDR6.gif

I assume that if the two did go to war, it wouldn't be bullets that would fly, but 10101010101000100101010101011011010101010

{<huh}{<huh}{<huh}{<huh}{<huh}

There are different types of nationalism and calling china ´liberal´is just retarded. Pro globalism? that depend how you define globalism. you kind of need to be ´pro´interacting with other countries if you want to be powerful but that does not mean you let everyone in your borders and sell out your own people.

That was one of the most absurd posts I've ever seen.

China is in a very peculiar global position as an ascendant power and not one in which its occupied post-scientific/industrial revolution so that may as well be never given how drastically those events turned the world on its head and largely structured geopolitical order up through present day.

The PRC retains Dengism in the sense of economic development and modernization under the governance of a one-party state, that was never meant to change. The west was very foolish to believe the economic reforms and its decision to bring the country into the fold would ever lead to a democratic China.

On the otherhand, Xi Jinping has broken from Deng policy in two major ways: by scrapping Presidential term limits with a strong nudge back towards Mao totalitarianism and the rejection of soft power foreign policy. The official maintained front of peaceful rise and regional harmony is really predicated on the acceptance of Sino dominance, and that ultimately extends to the rest of the world.

China will be humbled yet once again. Seems they haven't learned their lesson.

Compelling argument...

100 years of poverty and famine is a good teacher, they underestimated the west the first time around but thats no longer the case, its the other way around now. They've seen the darkest times and bounced back, the US is yet to be tested like that.

5000 year old civilization with the highest GDP for 9 out of the last 10 centuries, a great deal of the time making up more than half the planets total GDP. Britain used chemical warfare in the form of Opium the first time around, won't work the second time.

So how exactly do you propose to humble them?

Back