Is it just me or is Chael vs Rampage a really unappealing fight?

HootyMcBoob

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Forget the fact that both guys are more than 5 years past their prime, but when it comes to styles making fights, this fight has snoozefest written all over it. Rampage is never exciting against a wrestler. It's been YEARS since either guy was in a fight that was worth a damn. The fact that it got promoted over Rory/Lima, I dunno man. It wouldn't bother me if my DVR cuts off before the Main Event.

I mean, am I alone here? Or is this just a totally garbage fight?

Last edited:
It would have been good years ago now not so much

Chael got hurt by Wanderlei and his striking looked light years worse than against let's say Anderson.
Rampage is slower but the better striker and has the power. Chael obviously wants to wrestle.
Question is, can 215 Chael wrestle a 255 Rampage?
Rampage only has gas for 8 minutes, Chael for 15minutes.

Who is more shot and who did more of their part time MMA training lately?

I find Bellator often has the worst main events in terms of how they play out.

I like Sonnen vs. Rampage, and as apart of the tournament it makes it even more exciting. But yeah, wouldn't be surprised if it's just terrible.

I find Bellator often has the worst main events in terms of how they play out...But yeah, wouldn't be surprised if it's just terrible.

Who can forget Tito vs. Bonnar.

Yeah I'm, 90% sure the fight is going to suck. Rampage is getting taken down fast and after 2 rounds of that he's going to be too gassed/frustrated to pull out anything to turn the fight around.

I don't think chael can take down a fresh rampage but he's so got damn relentless with his TD attempts. If he can avoid rampages haymakers for the 1st round I think he'll wrestlefuck him for the last 2 with rampage bitching about how chael was scared to fight him.

It's a toss up for me. Chael has great wrestling and a strong chin, which is kind of Rampage's kryptonite. He's also going to be quite a bit faster than Rampage as he'll only weight about 215 lbs. If Chael can secure takedowns against Rampage early in the fight, I think he takes a decision victory by 3 rounds of GNP. If he fails to take Rampage down, it's a long night for Chael and he likely gets TKO'd or loses a decision.

Yes TS your Alone totally looking forward to this fight. Classic striker vs grappler with classic fighters.

Anything evolving a HW gp I'm in.

Back