Is it just me or were the 90s an especially creative era for action movies?

Speed, Starship Troopers and Last Action Hero were three films I loved as a kid as well. More fun ideas for action flicks there

People may shit on me for this, but I loved Predator 2, Army of Darkness, Alien 3, Escape from LA and Johnny Mnemonic as well. Also, Die Hard 3 is my favourite of the series

I haven't seen it since I was like 14, but I thought it was the shit. Nice concept for a film. Must've been a nightmare to shoot

Yeah, I thought that too, about it being a nightmare to shoot.

I don't think there's a single scene, except the small handful of indoor scenes, that don't have a ton of water coming down.

I'm not even sure how they did it all without shooting the whole movie on a studio backlot, and I know that's not the case because apparently some town in Indiana has a small museum with shit from when the production came there.

But did you love Alien: Resurrection?

It was alright. I don't hate it or anything

Man, two more classic 90's action films with great concepts

MV5_BMTEy_Njc4_MTgt_N2_Yx_MS00_ZGM5_LTk2_Nj_Et_OGRh_NDY5_OWM5_ZTQx_Xk_Ey_Xk_Fqc_Gde.jpg

MV5_BZDAw_YTlh_MDEt_NTg0_OS00_NDY2_LWJj_OWIt_NWY3_YTZk_M2_Ux_Yz_Uz_Xk_Ey_Xk_Fqc_Gde.jpg

No mate, only La Femme Nikita spinoff I knew about was that TV show

Oh, well it was remade in 1993 as Point of No Return:

There was also a Hong Kong remake called Black Cat:

220px-Black-cat-1991-poster.jpg

Early 90's was great, but that's just residuals from the real GOAT which is without a doubt the 80's. Action flicks were defined in the 80's. This isn't even debatable.

Do I seriously need to bother listing all of the great action flicks from the 80's?

You know, it's not that I haven't enjoyed a lot of the action movies of the 00s and 10s, it's that I just haven't enjoyed them AS MUCH as I did a lot of the stuff in the 90s.

I think that we have had a lot of GOOD action movies in the last handful of years--I just recently watched Olympus Has Fallen and really enjoyed it--it's just that the REAL gems that cross the line into excellence are quite rare these days.
I'm sure some of it is Anastasia and being a different age but they certainly don't take plot risks like they used to

Early 90's was great, but that's just residuals from the real GOAT which is without a doubt the 80's. Action flicks were defined in the 80's. This isn't even debatable.

Do I seriously need to bother listing all of the great action flicks from the 80's?

The 80s is a magical decade much of our modern urban life culture that we have today started in 80s.

We have yet to surpass that decade or even be equall

It's an interesting debate over which decade offered the best action films, the 80s or 90s. I think you could make a case either way, but I find myself going back and rewatching more movies from the 90s than the 80s.

80s/90s definitely the glory years, looking at that list of the decades compared to the 2000s and 10s is pretty depressing.

For semi-recent stuff not mentioned, loved this series:

tetikci-2-yuksek-gerilim-crank-high-voltage-izle-260x370.jpg

Jason Statham is one of the only recent action guys that I've liked

80s/90s definitely the glory years, looking at that list of the decades compared to the 2000s and 10s is pretty depressing.

For semi-recent stuff not mentioned, loved this series:

tetikci-2-yuksek-gerilim-crank-high-voltage-izle-260x370.jpg

Jason Statham is one of the only recent action guys that I've liked

The Crank series is okay. It's no Resident Evil.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back