Is it that hard to imagine Cerrone fighting for the title at 155?

VinceArch

I am all of me.
@Steel
Reaction score
Since winning on Sunday everyone keeps saying Cerrone can't make it back to the top and he won't ever be champion. Now the latter statement is a different subject, I find it easy to think he can become a top 5 fighter once more. He's beaten both Edson and Alvarez who are in the top 5, I can't see guys like Beneil, Lee or Chiesa beating him and going all the way back to 2013 his only losses were to RDA and Anthony Pettis. If Cowboy does indeed go back to Lightweight I think we could see him in title contention by the end of the year.

Since winning on Sunday everyone keeps saying Cerrone can't make it back to the top and he won't ever be champion. Now the latter statement is a different subject, I find it easy to think he can become a top 5 fighter once more. He's beaten both Edson and Alvarez who are in the top 5, I can't see guys like Beneil, Lee or Chiesa beating him and going all the way back to 2013 his only losses were to RDA and Anthony Pettis. If Cowboy does indeed go back to Lightweight I think we could see him in title contention by the end of the year.
giphy.gif

Cowboy wont get title shot. He won after losing 3 in a row. And his weight cut is bothering him in LW

He already has and got destroyed in a minute by RDA. Also the 155 belt situation is such a mess, no way there will be room for any new contender by the end of the year.

Cerrone is the choke master. Will never be champ.

It's easier to imagine Hillary as the next president and Stipe Miocic as the next host of The Tonight Show

For some obscure reasons, Cerrone is now considered by the geniuses in this forum completely shot, but he is the same guy that a couple years ago fought for the belt at 155.

Now, getting a title shot depends on a lot of factors, but he is still a world class fighter in his prime capable of being champion on a good night.

For some obscure reasons, Cerrone is now considered by the geniuses in this forum completely shot, but he is the same guy that a couple years ago fought for the belt at 155.

Now, getting a title shot depends on a lot of factors, but he is still a world class fighter in his prime capable of being champion on a good night.
Yes couple of years ago you dont get better with years at the end of your carer. He has 33-10-1 fights that is 44 profesional fights his carer is almost over. . Title shot was 3 years ago and he got destroyed in 1 round

Yes. There isn't a hope in hell. Cerrine is a mid card fighter that can maybe headline some of the lesser cards. At this point if it was gonna happen it would have by now. Not a chance.

Yes couple of years ago you dont get better with years at the end of your carer .
Plenty of fighters got better later in their career, including two guys that recently beat Cerrone, RDA and Lawler.

Plenty of fighters got better later in their career, including two guys that recently beat Cerrone, RDA and Lawler.
Yes but not Cerrone. Fighters after 35 with a lot of fights get worse they dont get better because of all the injurys . Whatever you wanna say Cerrone will never be a champ at LW. Sorry but you have to deal with it

by the time he gets a solid winning streak going for him he'll be showing signs of cte like elkins/maynard

but he'll choke somewhere on the way anyway as proven. hes a good fighter and entertaining one who could open main event cards and headline some fightpass shows but he will never ever be a champion

giphy.gif

Cowboy wont get title shot. He won after losing 3 in a row. And his weight cut is bothering him in LW
He still went 5-3 at WW and that's better than Jorge who is 4-4 at WW and in the top 5.

Is Jorge a champion?
I never said anything about Jorge being a champion. We aren't talking about his future as a champion or not, this is about Cerrone. I'm not saying Cerrone is going to enter 155 ad go right for the belt, but I can easily see him fighting for it once more.

No, Cerrone's chin seems gone and he's never had a champion's mentality.

But I would still like to see him fight Khabib because he would have get to beaten on the ground and that hasn't happened to him since early in the WEC. They were scheduled to fight like several times and Khabib always got injured.

Yes. There isn't a hope in hell. Cerrine is a mid card fighter that can maybe headline some of the lesser cards. At this point if it was gonna happen it would have by now. Not a chance.
A mid card fighter? Christ on a cross, he's beaten 2 guys in the top 5 at Lightweight lol. Get out of here.

I never said anything about Jorge being a champion. We aren't talking about his future as a champion or not, this is about Cerrone. I'm not saying Cerrone is going to enter 155 ad go right for the belt, but I can easily see him fighting for it once more.
You said Cerrone has better record than Jorge in WW and we all remmeber what Jorge did to Cerrone.

AbandonedDeliciousBuffalo-size_restricted.gif

SmugIllegalBigmouthbass-max-1mb.gif

He will never fight for 155 title again.

Back