Is it time to call it quits??? Too many injuries and need advice

I'd work on alignment, posture and core.

I'm a big fan of Revolution in Motion in Southern California. I was lucky enough to work out with them for a weekend years ago.

If your spine becomes more aligned, decreasing some kyphosis, that can help scapular motion and shoulder health. It helped me quite a bit.
Fantastic advice! The days of prescribing the cookie cutter internal/external rotation exercises for shoulder injuries are gone. Most people don't realize that thoracic spine problems and the orientation of the scapula are probably the biggest cause of shoulder injury. And you can have all the surgeries you want, you will keep getting injured. Its like replacing tires on a car with shot suspension and alignment. My recommendations are:

-Foam rolling. both for working out the adhesions and the self massage aspect of it and also for working on thoracic extension.
-Find a way to really massage the upper traps hard and get them to loosen up.
-Work the lower traps and serratus anterior muscles to restore balance to the shoulder girdle.
-You might want to consider more PRP after you have been doing this a while. Also, look into prolo-therapy for shoulders. Its extremely interesting.

Once you work this for a while you shoulder joint will be allowed to start to heal. It will all take time but you really have no choice but to work this hard.
It appears you guys have had experience in this. In your opinion do you think it possible that I treat this without the intervention of a physiotherapist? I.e. - by just what I read online and youtube? I know my condition pretty well and have a decent understanding of what's required.

you should give up all physical activity and just sit there like a bum.....work on comedic skills with your time

No you already told us that you're not prepared to do what others advise...
My previous post:

Sorry, I should have explained further. Part of what a therapist does is address all the nuances which we, ourselves, are ignorant of. In my situation the therapist has recommended xyz, I then travel back to ME, make a mistake, or jump the gun which only the therapist can address. Consequently I'm left to my own devices which doesn't really help.

It appears you guys have had experience in this. In your opinion do you think it possible that I treat this without the intervention of a physiotherapist? I.e. - by just what I read online and youtube? I know my condition pretty well and have a decent understanding of what's required.
Probably not. Unfortunately.

I was sorta lucky to meet the right people to learn from trainers and a chiropracter on the importance of proper posture and scapular glide over the rib cage. And a number of exercises to improve it for me. There is no way I would have learned it on my own.

I know the exercises necessary
I know my condition pretty well and have a decent understanding of what's required.
but don't have the discipline to stick to it.
I'm left to my own devices which doesn't really help.

Quite frankly, man, it seems to me you either don't know what you're talking about or what you really need is a psychotherapist.

Quite frankly, man, it seems to me you either don't know what you're talking about or what you really need is a psychotherapist.
Dude, I'm just asking for advice. Want to debate something go to the WR.

I agree with all of this and it's why I'm confused. My range of motion is good but whenever it comes to lifting anything I end up in pain the following day.
That's because it's more than just range of motion.

There is no doubt that a lot of people neglect exercises that address posture and some scapular muscles, but with tears and pain it's rarely a single thing that does the trick. Some people might benefit a lot from those exercises, others wont. It depends on the underlying problem.

What you need to do is visit a professional, like a physiotherapist, and get a treatment plan that works for you. If you already have a treatment plan that still works from the previous one, why not follow that again?

That's because it's more than just range of motion.

There is no doubt that a lot of people neglect exercises that address posture and some scapular muscles, but with tears and pain it's rarely a single thing that does the trick. Some people might benefit a lot from those exercises, others wont. It depends on the underlying problem.

What you need to do is visit a professional, like a physiotherapist, and get a treatment plan that works for you. If you already have a treatment plan that still works from the previous one, why not follow that again?
The issue is I'm never in the U.K. long enough to get more than a few sessions in. The lions share of my time is in the ME and there isn't a decent physio here. I need a physiotherapist to adjust any mistakes that I might be making if I jump the gun, am too aggressive in my approach etc etc. And this is exactly what I have experienced i.e. - Im experiencing pain with what the therapists have recommended and won't be in the U.K. for a while to address said issue. A therapist needs to be there throughout the entire process to address all the nuances.

Dude, I'm just asking for advice. Want to debate something go to the WR.
Saying "I have a good understanding of my condition and I know what's necessary, what do you guys think" and "I know what to do but I don't have the discipline to do it" is a weird way to ask for advice, is all I'm saying.

Saying "I have a good understanding of my condition and I know what's necessary, what do you guys think" and "I know what to do but I don't have the discipline to do it" is a weird way to ask for advice, is all I'm saying.
Look man, no need to be a jerk and kick a guy when he's down. Just tell him to go see a professional.

Look man, no need to be a jerk and kick a guy when he's down. Just tell him to go see a professional.
He's already seen a professional. It didn't work for him. I'm not kicking anybody, I'm just being 100% honest and exposing the guy to the truth. If he can't take it, he can go to group therapy for all I care.

He's already seen a professional. It didn't work for him. I'm not kicking anybody, I'm just being 100% honest and exposing the guy to the truth. If he can't take it, he can go to group therapy for all I care.
Yeah you are.

Why is it that when someone has been shown the flaws in their approach to what they want it's seen as a negative thing?

Getting to the truth, or identifying the true nature of things is how you go about an assessment. Sometimes it can be uncomfortable, but it's always beneficial in the end.

Why is it that when someone has been shown the flaws in their approach to what they want it's seen as being a jerk?
It's not. It's the way you say it. Especially to a guy in chronic pain who is ready to call it quits and give up.

The guy needs to see a physiotherapist. No need to take subtle jabs at him.

It's not. It's the way you say it. Especially to a guy in chronic pain who is ready to call it quits and give up.

The guy needs to see a physiotherapist. No need to take subtle jabs at him.

I see it as simply pointing out issues he sees in his request and his approach to the issues. It's a decent way to get to the bottom of something in a sub-forum, and its far less time consuming.

Yes absolutely I think you can treat this on your own. But I think you should go see a doc and get a full comprehensive bloodwork done if possible. Aside from that, what exactly hurts? Are you in pain all the time? Only when lifting? What exercises hurt and where?

Back