Is It Too Late For Me In MMA

DaleyChamp

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I have about 100 amatuer boxing matches but only started jiu jitsu less than two years ago. Ive competed at numerous tourmanents have about 30 grappling matches behind me and I'm looking to fight in mma before the end of the year. I just turned 24. Is it too late for me to ever have a pro career?

No it's not late just have great defense do combination then jump with left leg back to keep him in distance and you will be better then half of them

I have about 100 amatuer boxing matches but only started jiu jitsu less than two years ago. Ive competed at numerous tourmanents have about 30 grappling matches behind me and I'm looking to fight in mma before the end of the year. I just turned 24. Is it too late for me to ever have a pro career?

Lmao dude, you think with 100 amatuer boxing matches and 30 grappling matches and being 24 years old, you somehow thinks it's too late for you to start mma, you would probably be the most experienced amatuer boxer to crossover to mma, but just remember it's a different ball game. So you got to take it seriously, mma isn't a joke. You'll probably be great at it.

You'll need to work on your muay thai and dutch style kickboxing brother, but if you really have that much experience in boxing you will probably smoke alot of people in amateur bouts, work on your takedown defense if standing is your thing. And two years of bjj is good for amateur level.

Only 24 and you asked about too late? Manuwa started when he was 27. Couture started when he was 34. You also have experienced in grappling and boxing. Just go to the gym.

Tomorrow: Im 18 and have been grappling and striking since I was 6. Is it too late for me to have a pro career? The real problem is, are you physically and mentally gifted enough in the first place?

How many times have you made this thread? I could have sworn I have seen it multiple times in multiple sub forums.

With that much experience I am surprised you haven't been scouted.

100 boxing matches
30 grappling matches

Goodness. Perhaps, ask one of your coaches. They should have plenty of inside connections. Good luck to you.

not at all, where are you located?

Dude 24 isn't too late with no experience. You can be ready to fight if you train multiple times a week for about two years straight. It's just about training hard, training smart. You wouldn't necessarily be an undefeated UFC fighter but most people aren't.

Back