Is Joe Rogan intelligent?

He's clearly a smart guy. He's out there for sure.
He's also a comedian, so take him with a grain of salt.

I'd say he is about average at best. He says some cringe-worthy things at times on his podcast. He does have some interesting knowledge, as his platform allows him the opportunity to hang out with all manner of intellectuals and celebrities. He has had a lot of experiences a normal person will never have. I don't mind listening when he has a good guest on (though some are clearly charlatans). Based on listening to him, I would guess his education ended after high school (I could be wrong).

I would put him in the 120's for intelligence. Not a genius, but comfortably above average.

It's his curiosity that helps him more than his intelligence. He has a desire to know more, which helps him gather more information than most people would get. If you put him and 100 other dudes in front of a standardized test, he probably scores in the middle of the pack, but put him and those same dudes in a real world debate and he probably talks circles around the majority of them.

For years, Rogan's been having lengthy conversations with various intelligent people, across numerous fields of study. He's bound to have picked something up.
100%

but

I'm not talking about the size of the car, I'm talking about the horsepower

<Y2JSmirk>

Exactly. He's a very intelligent guy. He isn't afraid to admit his deficiencies. He is willing to learn and tries his best. It isn't popular to say this on Sherdog, but he is a fascinating guy.
<PlusJuan>

View attachment 322835

Joe Rogan consistantly post humanities imperfections and mistakes on social media. And be it at that he also avoids our politicians, public figures, actors and media giants.

Why is he still representing the voice of mainstream MMA in the USA?

He started off already fairly well known in the media.
He is one of the longest lasting MMA broadcasters on planet Urf.
MMA is one of his passions and his knowledge will be some of the best MMA knowledge on planet URF.

Why is Dana White the UFC pres? That's way more concerning than Rogan being the voice of mainstream MMA.
Why is MMA pushed towards a WWE and smack talk culture? That is way more concerning than Rogan being the voice of mainstream MMA.
The mainstream voice of MMA only needs to (appear to) know what they are talking about, generate excitement for the viewer and translate what is going on to the joe public.

MMA is a sport born of violence and lack of care for the outcome of the human body. Why do you care what the commentator's political or personal views are?

Joe Rogan is a smart lad. Smart and intelligent connect but are different.
Would you want Neil DeGrasse Tyson running your country because he is super intelligent?

Back